Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

If you have two spots open on your team you can use this slave combo:

Skarmory (grass around rebirth mountain)
-Fly
-Cut

Marill (grass, route above Driftviel, you can level it up to Azumarill id you like :p)
-Strength
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Dive

It's true that you don't use HMs a lot but it's nice having them around when you find items behind boulders/trees.
Dunno about Rock Smash/Flash though...

You'll only need flash in Mistralton cave (optional), one room in Victory road (optional) pre-elite. Post-elite there is the Wellspring Cave that requires Flash.

Rock smash is not used to proceed anywhere, and can only be used post-elite in the outer Pinwheel Forest on the challenge rock (nets you a star piece.)

edit: you'll also need flash in the undella bay ruins to proceed to the third floor (post-elite)

There is exactly one (1) use of Rock Smash, and that's in Clay Tunnel in the post game to clear a path for workers. It's not even real rock smash rocks.

Flash shows up in Victory Road but it's not that big of a room, you could probably just go around just fine
(Also it's a mostly widespread TM, you could probably just juggle it if you really really needed it)

Fly is the only mandatory HM ... It saves hours of walking /running
Surf is useful (and powerful) in the end of game (Near Seaside cave)

i'm pretty sure surf is needed to get to the plasma frigate near the seaside cave

as for the challenge rock thing, you just need to have a fighting-type in your party: it doesn't even need to have rock smash

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Grab yourself a Golduck and you have Flash, Strength, Surf, and Waterfall covered (Golduck can also use Dive but that isn't needed until post-game). For Rock Smash, Cut, and Fly, Skarmory (caught in Reversal Mountain).

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
By the way, am I the only one deeply annoyed by the girl in the gatehouse between Nimbasa and Route 16? She says:
"Three years ago, a Zoroark was hiding it's lair in Lostlorn Forest".
I really think the translation team should have caught this glaring error. Time to write them a sternly worded letter.

Did anyone else start laughing when they saw the dancing men between route 14 and Black City / White Forest? I thought it was the most half-assed obstacle that Trollfreak's put in yet.

Did anyone else start laughing when they saw the dancing men between route 14 and Black City / White Forest? I thought it was the most half-assed obstacle that Trollfreak's put in yet.
Especially what they are saying: "We are dancing without reason. Someday we will disappear without reason."

That sounds totally legit...

I don't have the game yet but I hear there are modes in this game. Is this true, and if so what is the hardest mode and how hard is it.

If this is just something out of someone's ass though, I wouldn't be surprised.
There is a challenge mode. You have to beat B2 first though or have it transfered which is just stupid. Or you can open it by "other" means which is what I did.

It makes all of the e4 and gym leaders stronger with more pokemon, supposedly better AI, more items, and higher level pokes. Not sure if the rival and other trainers are different or not

You can check out Serebii and it has the differences between the challenge and non challenge mode for each gym leader and e4 member.

Lol lousy incentive.
Won't waste my time then.

What do you all think of the pokedex completion rewards?.
The nature preserve + shiny haxorus is real nice.
The charms seem very average, considering how much more effort it takes to get them. Anyone know how much the shiny charm increases shiny encounter rate by?.

The Shiny Charm makes the game try to generate a shiny two extra times.

So the regular chance of getting a shiny triples, from 1/8192 to 3/8192.
The chance of getting a shiny through the Masuda Method increases slightly, from 6/8192 to 8/8192.

A medal that says you collected them all. And maybe an update to your trainer card.
Apparently you get a ~special ceremony~ at the medal HQ for getting them all.
I wonder if anyone has gotten all of them legitimately. The passerby stuff & the Do Fun Fest Missions with x amount of people Medals seem pretty much impossible outside japan (shoot even in Japan, probably).

So cruel that you have to get all the medals for the trainer star.

Forgive me if I missed discussion of this earlier in the thread, but is there an easy way to farm shards for move tutors?

It seems like such a shame we can get easy Star Pieces each day in BW2, but the NPC who trades Star Pieces for one of each shard is only in Platinum so far.

It's never easy is it?

Forgive me if I missed discussion of this earlier in the thread, but is there an easy way to farm shards for move tutors?

It seems like such a shame we can get easy Star Pieces each day in BW2, but the NPC who trades Star Pieces for one of each shard is only in Platinum so far.

It's never easy is it?
I think your best bet if you don't just want to grind dust clouds with Repels (made easier with the prompt to use another after it runs out) is to just constantly Run from PWT battles.
As a consolation prize, you'll get a random shard.

I've almost finished the game in my language (after Japanese one) and I'm a bit disappointed by the gym leaders. In BW1 they were useful for the storyline except the Trio brothers. In BW2, only Cheren & Marlon are really interested in the storyline (Marlon is helping & funny :D)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
When you're going after the mono-type Elite Four medals, as long as your whole team has a common typing (even with multi-type pokemon) you will get a medal.

IE: A team consisting of Latios, Garchomp, and Dragonite will suffice for the Dragon-type metal.

Also, if you solo the Elite Four with a multi-type Pokemon (like Reshiram), you will get the medal for both types (in Reshi's case, Fire and Dragon).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
When you say "Solo", does you mean having only one pokemon in your team or only one pokemon used in the 5 battles ?
Only one Pokemon on your team.

If you intend on getting that medal, it's by far the easiest to get when you battle the Elite Four for the very first time, as they are lower level than when you rematch them.

I've almost finished the game in my language (after Japanese one) and I'm a bit disappointed by the gym leaders. In BW1 they were useful for the storyline except the Trio brothers. In BW2, only Cheren & Marlon are really interested in the storyline (Marlon is helping & funny :D)
Burgh chases them down the sewers which is about what he did in BW1
Roxie was helping Hugh at the Virbank docks and went off to check elsewhere
Drayden was fairly integral

Elesa & Skyla didn't really do anything in either games unless you want to count coming in at the last minute to battle the sages

Clay was the only one who did things in BW1 that didn't really do anything in BW2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)