Pokémon Black and White - Ingame Discussion

@Curse Strength is found in one of the houses in the carnival town(Electric gym). A guy with light blue hair gives it to you.

I´m at the city with the airport right now. My team:

Emboar(Lv36, Nitro Charge/Arm Thrust/Tail Whip/Roll Out)
Aaken(Lv36, Acrobat/Smooth Over?/Ancient Power/Crunch)
Yanirun(Lv36, Psycho Shock/Hidden Power[Fighting^^]/Light Screen/Recover)
Yanappu(Lv35, Acrobat/Seed Bomb/Cheer Up/-----)
Doryuuzu(Lv35, Strength/Rock Slide/Dig/Claws Sharpen)

I´m waiting for Yanappu to learn Crunch. Then I´ll finally have Elvisappu^^ And I´m still wondering what I could catch as my sixth Pokemon.

Acrobat from Aaken/Aakeosu is insanely powerful if it doesn´t have an item. Might be useful competitively too. And Hidden Power rocks. Is it true it cannot be weaker than 60 anymore?

It seams like the pokedex now shows shiny sprites (but only if you have meet/caught them?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT39RQZiwFM

Edit: Okay, I just checked it out a bit more, and I can accurally choose if I want the shiny or non-shiny Metang sprite to appear in the pokedex, and I can also view both sprites in front of eachother. But I can't do this with Metagross since I only have seen a shiny one.

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but to get past the quicksand pits in Ancient Castle you have to walk through them and avoid the center. I didn't know this at first and kept running through them, so I only got my Aaken right before entering Victory Road.

That said, Aakeosu is an absolute beast in the E4; with crunch, fly, and U-turn, it's supereffective to 3 of the 4 E4 typings, and I don't think I would've gotten through without him.

My E4 team was (all of them around level 48~50):

Hihidaruma
-fire punch
-flare blitz
-super power (I waited until its pre-evolution reached lvl. 39 to get this early)
-facade

Hahakumori (actually love this guy... unique typing comes useful in E4)
-leaf blade
-X-scissors
-sword dance (I was allowed to SD 3 times in front of deathbox)
-slash

Daikenki
-surf
-slash
-reversal
-encore

Gochi
-psychic
-shadow ball
-faint attack (didn't have anything else useful)
-psycho shock

Aakeosu
-fly
-U-turn (I repeated scouting with this guy, works wonders off the 140 BA, especially when fighting the old sage and N)
-crunch
-dragon breath

Zebraika (I thought I'd need an electric pokemon but this guy isn't too useful...)
-wild bolt (new attack, recoil damage inclusive 90 phys.)
-thunder wave
-discharge
-stomp

Hope this helps. With lots of strong bug pokemon showing up in the new games, I suggest going Dark or Psychic first.

In the after game now, hunting the Sages.

There's a very notably level increase from the Elite 4 to the newly opened area. And my first battle in the new area had me facing Pokemon over Level 65.

For In-game fighting types, which is better, Nageki, Dageki or Dokkora? I'm leaning towards Dokkora cos it gets Rock Slide w/o TM which is a blessing. What do you guys think?

Dageki and Kojondo are clearly the best in game, because of their speed mixed with attack. Dokkora isn't of much use, since his final form requires a trade, unless you can make that happen easily.

Zuruzukin is another slow, more defensive Fighter, which is very difficult to KO.

If you don't mind slow Pokemon, any of them work, but In-Game, for speed purposes, attacking first is vital.

For In-game fighting types, which is better, Nageki, Dageki or Dokkora? I'm leaning towards Dokkora cos it gets Rock Slide w/o TM which is a blessing. What do you guys think?
You can find the TM for Rock Tomb after the 3rd gym for Nageki or Dageki if that helps.

Yeah, I'm going to try to use Kojondo just cos its more movepool diverse than Dageki. And for the trade, I could just ask on the WiFi simple request thread. In the end, I do think that whichever one I can catch earlier I will get. Anyone which one I can catch earlier?

Might as well post how I'm doing

After the 5th gym, I went back to the ruins to get the Archeopteryx fossil and revived it at the museum. The Faint-Hearted ability that comes with this guy is not a concern whatsoever using this guy. The thing comes with Pluck and Ancient Power right off the bat and learns Acrobat soon after words. It dominated everything on the way to the sixth town (with the exception of gear) and with the help of the Lucky Egg was fully evolved in no time. Flowing the incidents on the next route and the graveyard tower, the bird took out the gym leader in 5 moves without a single scrape on him. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone wanting a good flying type.

On the subject of pokemon I'd recommend, Megaruko and Darumakko proved their worth again in the thunder cave and the Graveyard tower netting them both their final evolutions. The fire ape now destroys everything with Fire Punch with Flare Blitz saved for special occasions and the Bandit crocodile destroys entire teams with Crunch, Dig, and Overconfidence. Smugleaf's evolution also fell behind a little, but after learning Leaf Blade, it's usefulness picked right back up. It's final evolution is a nifty sweeper thanks to Coil Up as well. One pokemon that I can't recommend though is the cell. It's finally reached its full cellfulness thanks to an exploration off the cost of Route 1, but the training process was so difficult, I can't possibly recommend this on a speed efficient run. Only use it if you're like me and you like it's design a lot.

Also, I caught a Kibago in the little dragon cave where flash is needed. I leveled it up a bit while travelling through the (extremely boring) crater dungeon.

Current Team is:

"Smug" Level 42 Jaroda

"Mask" Level 40 Hihidurama

"NAD+" Level 42 Rankurusu

"Dundy" Level 41 Warubairu

"Snarl" Level 39 Aakeosu

"Slash" Level 38 Onondo

Hm...are the Elemental Monkeys any good after evolution? I like Pokabu because it's a solid attacker but Kojondo seems like a better fighting type. I mean, fighting types are my favorite...as is fire. I'm thinking of going with Mijumaru and Boappu because there seems to be a lack of reliable Water-types in-game.

Also, for grass-types, would you consider Erufuun or Doredia any good, or is Yanappu just as good?

Does anyone know where you can get Kojofuu?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Got my White yesterday. I'm in Hiun City and my consists of Futachimaru, Zorua, Boappu, Minezumi and Kurumiru. Have a Yooterii in my computer too. I'm about to do the third Gym.

EDIT: Just defeated Atei.

Where in Isshu is Carmen Sandiago?

credit to me for finding her in Pokemon black!

has anyone else noticed anything like this? (easter egg??)
it reminds me of alex mack in RE3!

Does anyone know where you can get Kojofuu?
You can found it in the big white columns temple thing, Ice Gym city. But its really rare. D:

So my team is:
>Dageki (44) - Bulk Up / Extremespeed (edit: or something like that, but with lower power, 70) / Brick Break (or a similar move) / Rock Slide (same as Brick Break)
>Ranpuura (41) - Will-o-whisp / Fire Bullet (new word ftw, is that fire-type attack 70 power) / Shadow Ball / ---
>Daikenki (43) - Aqua Jet / Surf / Encore (Hell yeah) / and some kind of fighting type move
>Doryuuzu (36) - Training - Earthquake / Claws Sharpen (waiting for swords dance) / Rock Slide / Shadow Claw

I need one or two Pokes, any suggestion?
Where I can find a Dusk Stone? Edit: I found it! It's in the cave with Kibagos, you need Flash, Strenght and Surf. Now I have Shanderaa.
And, after the ruins in the sandstorm place, what I have to do?

^Darn, rare? Oh well, He's still pretty awesome. I definitely think I'll use him. Hm. Fire Monkey is definitely not bad, and there's an in-game trade so I can get Doredia. Anyone know where to get Sun Stones? o.o

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My team is now:
Daikenki Lv. 38
Zorua Lv. 10
Boappu Lv. 12
Minezumi Lv. 8
Kurumiru Lv. 14
Shinpora Lv. 20

In Box 1: Yooterii Lv. 4 (10th Movie Raikou Lv. 30 but I don't count him. He's just there for the event).

That reminds me, if someone wants an 10th Movie Entei to get Zoroark, you can trade with me if you want. But in exchange I want Torunerosu. And nothing else.

You can found it in the big white columns temple thing, Ice Gym city. But its really rare. D:

So my team is:
>Dageki (44) - Bulk Up / Extremespeed / Brick Break (or a similar move) / ---
>Ranpuura (41) - Will-o-whisp / Fire Bullet (new word ftw, is that fire-type attack 70 power) / Shadow Ball / ---
>Daikenki (43) - Aqua Jet / Surf / Encore (Hell yeah) / and some kind of fighting type move
>Doryuuzu (36) - Training - Earthquake / Claws Sharpen (waiting for swords dance) / Rock Slide
Extremespeed???

Its an normal-type attack base 70 and everytime I attack first, so I think it's extremespeed, but sorry for the mistake, lol. Its a new move at all. :/
Edit: Extremespeed is 80 power, darn.

I just cleared the 7th gym my team is

Emboar lvl 42
-Nitro Charge
-Arm thrust
-Take down
-Assurance

Pendoora lvl 40 (Centipede pokemon)
-(???) Some big chunk of metal with spikes stomps the foe.
-The mini EQ that slows the opponent
-Screech
-Protect

Gantoru lvl 40 (stone spider, Gigaiasu's pre-evo)
-Mini EQ
-Rock slide
-Iron defense
-Headbutt

Baniricchi lvl 40 (ice cream stage 2)
-Ice beam
-Icy wind
-Flash cannon
-Taunt

Kurimugan lvl 38 (It's a lady :D, redhead standalone dragon)
-Dragon Claw
-Slash
-Revenge
-Crunch

Im stuck at this tower apparently i need strenght but i don't know where it is and i don't know the names of the cities =/.
I saw that you had the Ice Cream pokemon and thought his move was Ice Cream I was like no way. Then I saw it was Ice Beam *facepalm*

So I had a weird experience last night: I was looking for monkeys in the forest before Hiun City when I came across a shiny. I threw a Quick Ball and was holding A - the ball had one shake and then *click* shiny was caught.

Other people on GAF are reporting the same thing with holding down A, but we can't nail down the timing for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)