1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. MMX

MMX

OMG seriously? I've been running through the whole time -_______-
  2. jle1076

jle1076

haha i was too
  3. SRS

SRS

Since this got pushed to the previous page, I'll repost it. I really want some help
  4. Emperor

Emperor

lol yeah I fell for it a few times. Then after I talked to the one guy nearby and thought about it I figured it out
  5. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

Dude this guy tells you to walk and not run through them the moment you walk through. I'm pretty sure it was a mandatory conversation too. But I can't remember for sure.

Either way, in B/W talk to EVERYONE just in case they give you an HM or something valuable like an evolution stone.
  6. Phadunk

Phadunk

truth. that's what im doing, and it's not really a nuisance or anything.

im really struggling to get a team together.. and im just past the 5th gym.. lol.. fail.

i feel like i should just start over and try it all again.. but my samurott and Krookodile can't go to waste. [basically all i have, besides a box full of random pokemon i've useda little, or caught just to catch.]
  7. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

My entire team (of 6) was in the 40's by the E4, with no grinding. Use Lucky Egg on your lead and Exp Share on your lowest level mon (since XP gains scale inversely to level) all the time, and it's easy.
    Dive and Waterfall are never used until after the E4. The only one required is Cut once, and everything after that is just to get to item balls/legendaries/etc.

Swanna wasn't the greatest member of my team, but it was hardly useless, and Fly is always convenient.

Serperior, on the other hand, really started to feel like dead weight toward the end. Brought it in every now and then to whittle down a tough opponent with Leaf Blade before dying, but it never did much on its own.
    I don't remember that conversation, so it's probably optional. Either that or I was just going through too fast and didn't read the dialogue.
  8. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

I'm following this advice so I dont miss any HMs (cuz the only way to get em all is to find em yourself.) And I started doing this because iI was stuck on the 1st gym until I realized some lady gave us a monkey that could easily beat the gym's monkey. If only I stopped and talked I wouldnt have wasted time losing to the gym twice.
  9. Yoko Yuri

Yoko Yuri

TM's aren't one-per use anymore? You can use them more than once it seems?
  10. SRS

SRS

Alright thanks guys, for telling me how easy it is to raise a team. I'm thinking

Darumantus
    Swanna/Semipour
    Serperior
    Krookodile
    Excadrill
    *Pidgeon if I choose Semipour

Do you guys reccomend Simipour or Swanna? Simipour is stronger and faster, and mine has the benefit of already being level 25 :toast:

Also, is Krook and Mole redundant or should I use both? (I love em both)
  11. Chieliee

Chieliee

I'd recommend Swanna, and another poke in the last slot.(Haxorus?) Krook and Mole is indeed redundant. You could use Mole and Scraggy.

They aren't one-use items anymore, thankfully.
  12. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Quit being a lazy bum and use an IV calculator like the rest of us. Also asking for AR codes is against the forum rules, IIRC.
  13. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Chain breeding a good Ferroseed (Not normal for midgame for me =P) So if anyone wants a Relaxed with Leech Seed (Though I'm not worrying about IV's this time around...Should I?)
  14. Phadunk

Phadunk

i havent seen 1 person post about them being pleased with choosing Serperior. what a shame.. considering it's amazing design.

it makes sense though.. why would someone want a starter that can only stall lol
  15. SRS

SRS

Alright, I decided to choose Swana, I will box Simipour the instant I catch one.

Also, I decided I need both Excadrill AND Krook. I love them both too much.

All I need now is a 6th slot.

Serperior
    Excadrill
    Krookodile
    Darumanta
    Swana
    ??
  16. Chieliee

Chieliee

WHICH IT IS INSANELY GOOD AT.

on my 1st run of the Japanese BW, I used Toxic/leech Seed/Protect/Giga Drain. Just for the heck of it. It worked pretty well, and that Toxic managed to kill Hydreigon eventually (on the 2nd try, when I knew its moveset), by constant switching. Ghetsis sucks at predicting. He's the dumbest person ever.
  17. Green Mage

Green Mage

Serperior is truly terrible in-game. You'll end up dropping it from your team within two or three gyms.

The reason isn't entirely that serperior is bad. There are better grass types available early on. You get petalil very early and it absolutely dominates, especially once you get the sun stone (also fairly early) to make it a lilligant.

I'd imagine the fire pig has the same problem because you can get both Darumakka and Victini before the third gym.

My team is currently:
    lvl 28 Victini (incinerate, nitro charge, grass knot, confusion)
    lvl 29 Lilligant (own tempo: leech seed, quiver dance, giga drain, sleep powder)
    lvl 28 Herdier (intimidate: take down, dig, rock tomb, crunch)
    lvl 29 Zebstrika (lightningrod: volt change, shock wave, thunder wave, pursuit)

I'm about to drop zebstrika though because it's been dead weight since I beat elisa. I desperately need a water type because this guy was talking about a cave I need to get to so i feel like i'm gonna get surf soon. I screwed up with the turtle fossil and now i'm not sure which one to get.
  18. guddagudda

guddagudda

I've had my team for the entire game since pretty much the second gym.

At the fifth gym now, and my team is looking like this:
    [​IMG]Yamask L. 26
    [​IMG]Petilil L. 25
    [​IMG]Scraggy L. 26
    [​IMG]Darumaka L. 27
    [​IMG]Dewott L. 26
    [​IMG]Sandile L. 27

I know I should drop a few to make it easier to train, or at least drop one of the Dark types, but I love every Poke on this team.
    The only one I'd want to drop would be Petilil, but it is awesome, and forms part of my FWG core. . .so idk

It also sucks that all my Pokemon take so long to evolve :/
  19. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

I just beat the game, and I all I gotta say is: Fuck that Hydreigon. Surf/Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse just terrorized my team, and I had to use 4 max revives trying to work around it. Thank goodness for Samurott, nice defense, and Megahorn.
  20. MarioMan2.0

MarioMan2.0

QFT. Although for me, it was all about the Conkeldurr who saved my butt.
  21. Chieliee

Chieliee

Seems pretty physical-based.
    Do you have Black or White? Solosis evolution line could be an option.

Crustle/Dwebble gives you more overall type coverage.

Forget about the previous two, use a Joltik/Galvantula. Gives you a solid special attacker, which also does GREAT at the E4-stuff.
  22. Chieliee

Chieliee

oops. Made a mistake. read over this post
  23. MMX

MMX

Current Team at the 8th gym. Almost to the end :D

Emboar lvl 42
    Stoutland lvl 41
    Swoobat lvl 41
    Seismitoad lvl 41
    Gurdurr lvl 42
  24. NinjaMoth

NinjaMoth

I actually am using 7 pokes at the minute, I alternate depending on the gym/area. For instance my Emonga was taken out at the 5th gym, Vanillite stepped in to take care of the ground types. If one starts to lag behind, bring em in a battle and they get huuuge exp if they beat an enemy. The new exp system is really flexible on letting you try out pokes without too much grinding. If i see a cool looking poke, I always give them a trial.
  25. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

Then check the In-Game Tiers thread. A lot of us are REALLY pleased with Serperior.
    Who the fuck uses is like a staller, anyway? You've access to Growth and Coil, as well as Giga Drain, Return, Leaf Blade, and Aerial Ace.

Edit: Megaman X you're horribly underleveled.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)