1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

First off...You COULD access the boxes from the GTS in Gen 4...I think Platinum, but maybe even Diamond and Pear >_>

Second, if you went with blocking out Pokemon like you said (Level 9 Reshirams and Zekroms), there wouldn't be any results! XD
  2. mudkipmaster

mudkipmaster

You can't even get a level 9 reshiram or zekrom in game, so it's better to block those results than let them taunt you for eternity.
  3. TorchicBlaziken

TorchicBlaziken

Found a School Kid named Sally that uses only NU Pokémon; Dunsparce, Delibird, and Luvdisc.
  4. Green Mage

Green Mage

^A whole lot of trainers on the post-e4 routes use only the lowest stage pokemon. I guess it's gamefreak's way of giving us pokedex entries for the GTS.
  5. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

He probably means during actual player-to-player trades, not just the GTS where you choose what Pokemon to deposit/trade.
  6. Universal Berry

Universal Berry

The pokémon moving slowly at low health is on purpose, since the poke is really weak well it cant move as fast. Its not a bug.
  7. Shinryu

Shinryu

Sounds like an excuse worthy of one Nintendo would say...

Either way I have found the slowdowns an annoying pain in the ass as well. Sure it's nice they turn on the different music and such, but there shouldn't be any excuse to slow down the stuff as well, unless it's some programming error somewhere or something (in which case they fail at debugging).

I haven't ran into any Chansey/Blissey yet, but there also seems to be a slowdown in HP dropping with that Luvdisc ripoff as well, though it seems to be the only one affected by it, I have yet to see any other slowdowns on other Pokemon, so that's good imo.
  8. TombolaMan

TombolaMan

Of course Alomomola's hp will go down slower. It has 165 base hp.
  9. Tytus

Tytus

Do people seriously think the animations slowing down is a bug? I thought it was pretty obvious that it was intentional... probably the same people who think no LO recoil on Sheer Force Pokemon is a glitch.
  10. Viletta Vadim

Viletta Vadim

I really hate that feature. I don't suppose there's an easy early-game way to get an entry on Hippopotas or Larvitar?
  11. Lucindril

Lucindril

Wow, so my Eelektross happened to get Pokerus a few hours ago, which quickly spread to the rest of my team. After giving some of my Pokemon the Macho Brace and heading to some EV hotspots, I managed to really strengthen my Pokemon. Made my Reuniclus bulkier, my Eelektross and Zoroark a stronger special attackers, my Chandelure ridiculously overpowered and my Archeops a lot faster (it has a very low Speed IV). I'm way more optimistic about facing the Elite Four now, even though I'm only halfway through Twist Mountain.

Also, I happened to catch a killer Axew earlier today. It's Jolly, has Mold breaker and 26/29/26/2/29/31 IVs. With some help from the Pokerus infection I managed to EV it already and started training it to catch up with my team. I don't know if I could bare to drop any of my team members for it though, and I don't want the rest of the game to be too easy. Here's my team:

Lilligant
    Zoroark
    Chandelure
    Eelektross
    Archeops
    Reuniclus

If anything, I'd replace Lilligant, but it's been with me right from the beginning... argh. I hate making decisions.
  12. Shinryu

Shinryu

Mmm I never noticed that, I thought it was only base 65...guess one of the early prelim things I saw way back was off by a hundred lol.
  13. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher

The only place it really seems to "lag" for me is in Nimbasa, if I take the bicycle going from the poke centre to the stadiums.
    Not sure if it is though. I'm starting to hate Nimbasa now though, that bloody music is really the worst piece in the entire game - and you visit that town constantly.
  14. TombolaMan

TombolaMan

I noticed that lag too and i agree that music just got on my nerves the more I heard it =/
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well, it also negates the user's Shell Bell and the opponent's Red Card/Switch Button, so it could have been a glitch, and still may (see Sky Drop)... Not that anyone really cares though, all power to Nidoking.
  16. Tytus

Tytus

I need to go to bed. I've been sitting here trying to RNG my Terrakion for quite a while now, and the sound of it bursting out of an Ultra Ball just scared the shit out of me. I did finally get it tho, so I can sleep soundly now.
  17. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

I dunno, it sounds pretty swingin'! *snaps fingers*
  18. Sharopoyezd

Sharopoyezd

that "lag" you guys are talking about is just you riding a bike up and down a set of stairs, and it's not a glitch either. Nintendo just felt like making the game a lot more real this time, that's why the pokemon move slower at the end of battles, when, they're tired, and why everything acts more lifelike and such
  19. Viletta Vadim

Viletta Vadim

And why you can get shot out of a cannon into a steel wall like nothing happened. :P
  20. Citizen

Citizen

Just beat the game; pretty much went non-stop through it. Wow, the finale is fucking insane. I never expected something as epic as that, in fact I'd been pondering what pokemon Alder would use before challenging the Elite Four lololol. One negative is that the elite four was way too easy: I finished it on my first try, a run which was supposed to scout how strong each member was. My team was only like, around level 46-47 and I didn't find it very hard at all. Only used like 10 Hyper Potions and 5 Revives in total :) Scrafty literally gained 12 levels and soloed all 6 trainers as well ehehe
  21. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I had some close calls in the E4, but my teams was of similar levels. Shauntel gave me the most trouble, followed by Marshal of all people.

And yet I found these the most enjoyable E4 to go through. I thought it had a nice mix of difficulty where it wasn't too hard but not too easy. Considering the affairs I typically went through in the other games, this was a wonderful breath of fresh air.
  22. Mr Bear

Mr Bear

The Elite Four was pretty easy, took a few minutes to beat them all. But Ghetsis, my goodness his Hydreigon is annoying. Just caught the level 70 Volcarona and level 75 Kyurem Timid (with 6/31/10/29/27/29 IVs!). My team is now:

Hydreigon lv64
    Emboar "Bacon" lv60
    Jellicent lv63
    Conkeldurr lv60
    Galvantula lv59
    Archeops lv59
  23. Sy123

Sy123

Im up to the elite 4 right now on my 2nd playthrough
    with:

lv44 Serperior (Surperior) @ Dragon Tail/Coil/Giga Drain/Leaf Blade
    lv44 Excadrill @ Swords Dance/Earthquake/Metal Claw/Rock Slide
    lv44 Eelktross @ Wild Charge/Dragon Claw/Thunder Wave/Crunch
    lv44 Archeops @ Fly/Acrobatics/Crunch/Dragon Claw
    lv42 Darmanitan @ Hammer Arm/Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Thrash
    lv42 Krookodile @ Bulldoze/Crunch/Foul Play/Rock Slide

My team seems underleveled, this happened last playthrough as well, I dont even skip trainers....much
    Can there be any improvements, I am restricting myself to Medicine use outside of battle, and I can only bring a max of 15 Hyper Potions, 15 Revives, 15 Super Potions
    Any moves I can change, also Eelktross seems weaker than I thought
  24. Recoil

Recoil

I haven't run many tests yet, but for me it seems that this bike lag is caused by not waiting until the bike music properly starts before cycling around.
  25. Shinryu

Shinryu

Can always level more if you feel you're that low, just slap on a Lucky Egg and hit Victory Road; at the least another 2+ levels on each of them couldn't hurt. Either that or just play smart and match up Pokemon which will do well against the different members; Archeops with Acrobatics should OHKO anything for Fighting dude (alternatively you can spam Coil with Serperior and sweep while healing him up DESPITE your odd desire of not wanting to use items in battle), Krookodile/Excadrill for Ghost and Psychic bitches (1 has your SE move, the other can SD and resist their attacks while killing them), and probably a combo of Archeops/Darmanitan for Dark guy (since Hammer Arm slows Darmanitan down, necessitating a switch unless you want to eat an incoming attack). I mean if this is your 2nd playthrough, you already know how much of a pushover they are lol.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)