1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Epic tank. :O

I think you can run a Bulk Up sweeper with that. Conkeldurr's Attack is so high that it doesn't really mind a loss of 10 stat points in Attack.
  2. Green Mage

Green Mage

Yeah i'm gonna keep this one. It will be a fine bulk up sweeper. The chances of getting 31s in hp/def/spdef again are too low to worry about a measly 10 attack points.

With max hp, I can hit 369 attack and 200 spdef, or 350 attack and 217 spdef. There's no point in maxing special defense while i'm adamant. I wanna put that nature to good use. Not sure which configuration I should shoot for yet.
  3. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

Actually, max special defense with adamant is love ._.u
    370 HP, 370 Atk, 240 Def, and 220 Special Defense is hands down the best spread ever, kudos to whoever devised it here at Smogon. My IVs were 31/31/20/x/31/2, Brave. I'm thinking of making it a trick room sweeper. <3
  4. Shinryu

Shinryu

Well after 8 days or so, I finally caught my near flawless Reshiram (30 SpD, but eh), so I can finally go on with story mode XD

So after all's said and done, ended up with the following after beating N/whoever:

Lv 51 Samurott
    Lv 50 Reshiram
    Lv 49 Excadrill
    Lv 49 Darmanitan
    Lv 49 Sawk
    Lv 48 Galvantula

In terms of upgrading the in-game team, I think I'll do the following:

-Catch Fraxurus (or whatever its Stage 1 name is at Victory Road) and evolve it to Haxorus for something with False Swipe to catch in-game Pokemon with, as well as for a decent sweeper with DD. Replace Reshiram since I can't properly EV train it since I need to axe off whatever EVs the stupid Zekrom and Cofangrius gave it...boo

-Try grabbing a Starmie out of the water along Rt. 13 (always loved Starmie since R/B), replace Galvantula with it.

-Grab the Larvesta Egg (rng it if possible? If so, EV train it as well) and train up a Volcarona for in-game use. Tough call, but probably ditch Sawk for it if I opt to get it, or maybe Darmanitan due to type redundancy...or, this could also be used in Starmie's spot if I can RNG it...

Other than that, just gotta figure out breeding, move over some of my old beloved Pokemon, and have fun with the end-game I guess. And eventually buy White I guess.
  5. cantab

cantab

You could always just get the level 70 Volcarona in Relic Castle. Which as a static Pokemon, is perfect for RNGing.
  6. thunderstone

thunderstone

Do you guys Audino grind all the way to 100? If not, what level do you start beating the e4r2?

I'm wondering how best to level my guys to 100 from mid 70s
  7. Shinryu

Shinryu

True enough, but at the same time I don't really desire something that'll just overpower everything in the post game so...easily I guess? lol, yes I'm odd in that way.
  8. [Zangoose]

[Zangoose]

Just have to say that personally, this has been the greatest and most immersive game I've ever played (albeit, I haven't played many games...I'm more of a Pokemon player than anything else). For the most part, the storyline differs from Pokemon's cliche'd 'Evil Corporation Trying To Take Over The World By Brute Force', and it actually makes sense that the Policemen you see are doing nothing about Team Plasma's dubious activities this time round. The character of Ghetsis is, although a stereotype, a very underused stereotype and one that still sends shivers down my spine. N is just awesome, the ending makes me (nearly) cry. All in all, this game deserves every single kudos it can get.

Onto my playthrough.

I bought both Black and White, and I've finished Black just about (FUCKING MUSICALS NOT BEING AS GOOD AS CONTESTS), so I've started my White playthrough. I destroyed the Elite Four in Black with a team of
    Scrafty (51)
    Samurott (49)
    Darmanitan (48)
    Excadrill (50)
    Haxorus (50)
    Seriously, those four raep. In White, I've just beaten the Fifth Gym and have a team that consists of
    Pignite (32)
    Duosion (33 AND BOLD WITH MAGIC GUARD)
    Conkeldurr (31)
    Ferroseed (30)
    Deino (38 [I traded it from my Black...I just wanted a little Zweilous for the E4. I caught a Naive, and I just had to use it]).

The only criticism I have for the game is that it's a little too easy. It doesn't detract from the fun at all, but the hardest Gym for me was like the easiest Gym in Platinum. But it's only a little thing...
    Also, I got a Shiny Pawniard on my first runthrough of Black! Too bad I couldn't use it (fucking Modest), but still...
  9. Lork

Lork

alriiight caught a terakion with 29 ivs in attack and speed, the other ivs are useless but i compared them and its as bulky as a perfect venasaur and more specially bulky than a latios in sand so i'm pretty happy. time to ev train then beat that n whore
  10. Green Mage

Green Mage

I can hit those numbers with mine and I still have 38 EVs left. Guess i'll throw them into HP because that seems kind of low, doesn't it? I'll take your word that it's the best spread because I was always running the mindless 252hp/252spdef careful on PO, but now that I hatched a killer adamant one, i'm in the dark. Thanks for the tip!
  11. Showsni

Showsni

Still RNGing Cobalion. I've hit my seed four times now, and my synchroniser has never worked; so I've ended up seeing Rash, Sassy, Adamant and Bold Cobalions. This would be a lot easier if my delay wasn't over seven minutes long...
  12. I Am Doz

I Am Doz

where can I find out how to rng abuse in gen V?
  13. Showsni

Showsni

14. I Am Doz

I Am Doz

thanks dude, now i can finally get an adamant Terrakion
  15. Shotoetoe

Shotoetoe

I'm utterly hating nidorans now. I'm trying to breed a modest hustle male nidoran with decent IV's and it's HELL!

50% chance on a male
    50% chance on modest
    50% chance on hustle
    And after that lovely game of chance, it has to select speed as an IV to pass on (sp.att is power item'd).

I'm personally responsible for any outbreaks of nidoran -.-'
  16. Slightly

Slightly

Ok, beat the league, this was my team
    Samurott lv50, hasty
    Scrafty lv50, bashful
    Archeops lv 50, jolly
    Haxorus lv49, naughty
    Galvantula lv 48, docile
    Victini lv 48, docile

Right now I'm exploring the Dreamyard
  17. Hobbers

Hobbers

WTF happens post E4. I fought a trainer who had all pokes of lvl 63. Spoken of a level-jump.. Anyway, I like the ending of the story, great daily events, decent postgame structure. Only problem, I just can't ride that bike fluently. Anyone else has that problem too?
  18. Scarlet Spyder

Scarlet Spyder

I hate riding the bike in this game. i prefer having more control and just running around Routes. Only time I bike is to hatch eggs.
  19. Hobbers

Hobbers

Didn't start at breeding yet, but I prefer the running shoes.
    Actually, the level jump isn't too bad. Being able to catch lvl 60 pokes in Thick Grass gives my team a boost
  20. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Also, a lot of the trainers use NFE or otherwise bad Pokémon, so you can usually handle them despite the higher level. Then I ran into that trainer with a Lapras...
  21. feral_brute

feral_brute

I literally almost got completely wiped out by a trainer in challenger's cave with a team of gyarados, snorlax, and 4 other pretty powerful people I can't remember at the moment all at level 65 or so. I had to spam max revives and full restores just to stagger away from the guy all because I decided to go get the tm for stone edge...
  22. Chieliee

Chieliee

I remember fighting that one too. Probably the best trainer that isn't a rival/champion/E4 member/Cynthia/ etc.
  23. Ginormous76

Ginormous76

24. SunshineCat

SunshineCat

Well, it probably hasn't been discovered, or it would be been updated.
  25. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Made it to the 8th gym now. Whipped the Ice gym's ass without breaking a sweat mostly due the fire bamboo. Used it's pre-evo form which was at level 31 and came back out with a level 39/40 Darmanitan and a badge. Right now I'm thinking of either going back and RNG on that damn Victini or go try it on Cobalion. Either way RNG is a major pain in the ass to do.

BTW, what levels were you guys at when you fought Iris/Drayen?

Team so far (open)

[​IMG]
    Nickname: Peach Jam
    Nature: Timid
    Level: 41
    [​IMG]
    Nickname: Majestic
    Nature: Adamant
    Level: 43
    [​IMG]
    Nickname: Aztec
    Level: 40
    [​IMG]
    Nickname: Briefs
    Nature: Adamant
    Level: 43

[​IMG]
    Nickname: Yamame
    Level: 39
    [​IMG]
    Nickname: Tomoe
    Nature: Jolly
    Level: 38

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)