1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If a stat is above or below the maximum range for that level, you can figure it out. Again, use your adjacent seeds to help out. It's harder if you're just SRing, though.
  2. xero_k

xero_k

I just figured out what RNGing is :/ so all of those things like "delay" and "seeds" are very new to me....
  3. ~Golden Emp

~Golden Emp

Just use Serebii and compare max stats....that's what I did anyway ._.
  4. Sharopoyezd

Sharopoyezd

does anybody know of any good threads to really start learning about RNGing? basically right from the start sort of teaching, i hardly know any, except what i learned from getting a near perfect mudkip fourth generation. i believe it's changed quite drastically since then though
  5. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If you know 4th gen RNG, you shouldn't have much trouble. Take a look at the thread here and see if you can figure it out.
  6. Hutch3

Hutch3

Bump...

Herdier, Dewott, Blitzle, Cottonee, Drilbur, Darumaka

Need to drop one for Scraggy, opinions?
  7. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

Herdier or Blitzle.
  8. ^J^

^J^

I second Blitzle. Herdier is pretty incredible, and I found that Blitzle seriously lagged behind as I got farther in... in fact, as soon as it evolved, it landed in Box 1 and never came back out ;)

If you find yourself hurting for an electric type later, Joltik in the chargestone cave is pretty amazing. He's very, very fast! :)
  9. Jonathan

Jonathan

There's a guy on Route 17, in the house where you get the Larvesta egg, who seems to be looking for a certain item from you, and is willing to offer something (don't know what) in exchange. And the game is retarded because they don't even tell you what he's looking for, whenever I talk to him all he says is something along the lines of "oh let me see if you have anything interesting in your bag... oh no sorry, please come back when you do." Well how helpful -_-

Anyone know what the hell he wants? It's the shady guy with sunglasses in the back right of the room...
  10. thunderstone

thunderstone

How unusable is Unfezant? I really like him and am thinking about using him in my next run through...
  11. Sy123

Sy123

From personal experience he sucks big time, I tried hard to evolve him, then I boxed him, for life, until I needed a flyer
    I have found that Archeops is a better flier, you need to evolve him however
  12. TombolaMan

TombolaMan

No Pokemon is unusable ingame. If you want to use it, use it. You can either go super luck/scope lens/air cutter or just the standard return/fly.
  13. Shotoetoe

Shotoetoe

Ingame it's an amazing pokemon. That's my opinion and I stick by it.
    It should not be low tier.

It has a great 105 attack, 95 speed base stat when evolved. Super luck is a good ability.

You'll do just fine with air cutter until you reach nimbassa city to get return, next town you get fly.

With a final set of Return, Fly, Work up and Roost it decimates opposition. Of course, you shouldn't let it fight rock, steel or electric types.
  14. Citizen

Citizen

I've been trying to reset for a decent Kyurem lately (cbf to RNG) and found a Mild one with a 31 IV in SpA :D :D :D :D

Then I saw his 0,1 and 8 or 9 in Attack, Special Defence and Speed respectively.
  15. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Returns true
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

The problem with Pidove & co. is that it until you get it the appropriate moves, it has to put up with only having Air Cutter as a good move...Off Base 36 Sp. Attack (50 in Tranquill's case) & it also has some pretty bad Defences as well. That's the main problem.

Unrelated, but I've been having some good luck of late; caught Pokerus by chance 2 Days ago, & I caught a Shiny Swellow a few hours ago in a random encounter. She has some good stats, but she has a Docile Nature...EV Trained it anyway. My party of Serperior/Scrafty/Carracosta/Cofagrigus/Galvantula/Vanilluxe is still doing well since beating N, they're in their mid 50's, & I did manage to get Cynthia down to two Pokemon once after Serperior nearly put off a +6 Coil Sweep...
  16. Sy123

Sy123

Is Vanniluxe as horrible as I think, or is it actually a fun challenge?
  17. Roen

Roen

According to the official guide, that shady guy buys Rare Bones from you. One of the many ways of making easy money in these games.
  18. Thorns

Thorns

i am loving the game so far, i am up to twist moutain and i have a team of level 40

samurott - the tank and surfer
    fraxure - the kid that i have high hopes for
    darmanitan - the massive nuker
    archeops - the flyer and grass-killer
    excadrill - the last-resort heavy artillery

i found the ferris wheel with the office lady a bit jarring, considering the character can't be much older than 14 and there's massive romantic undertones in that little scene but otherwise the dialogue's great
  19. Vratix

Vratix

he's 16 and hot for teacher.

How often does fraxure get out-sped?
  20. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

Every time I try to learn to RNG, my head spins. I think I'm better off just resetting each time, since that seems to be what most RNGers do anyways.
  21. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher

I have to say I love the way the daycare is handled. It gives a nice up and down biking stretch, and when there's an egg, the guy will call out for you. Perfect.

Hatched an Adamant DDance Larvitar with reasonable IV's, so I'm happy.
  22. xMistyx

xMistyx

Is it just my luck, or is the chance of getting a shiny via breeding increased in this gen?

Most of the pokemon I've bread so far has hatched shiny at least once (sure they don't have great IV's but that's not my point). I haven't found any data to suggest that the chance to obtain a shiny has increased but it's possible.
  23. Elliot Gale

Elliot Gale

If using the Masuda Method, yes, the odds are much greater than they used to be.

Otherwise it's the same.
  24. xMistyx

xMistyx

I've just been breading with male and female counterparts so I must just be getting lucky.
  25. Shotoetoe

Shotoetoe

I agree.
    Only, the strip is a little short for my liking. D/P/Pt really had the best strip to ride about. I also loved the poketech app. more than this, because if you aren't paying attention, you might miss his calling out and have wasted quite an amount of steps.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)