Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Mine is Naughty (got that on my 3rd try, after a Calm and a Sassy one). Naughty (+Atk, -SpD iirc) seemed good enough for me. I indeed waited for a while, not knowing I could get it any earlier. My brother reminded me.
You can just slap an xp share on it for the time being then.

I have a question: can you mate a father with its own offspring? I always assumed you couldn't, but now that I think about it, i'm not sure why I thought you couldn't. It would be very helpful with breeding cottonee because I only have access to a modest mother (i won't have wifi again until friday).

Hell yes. The second Darumaka I hatch:

Adamant
HP- 25
Atk- 31
Def- 18
SpAtk- 26
SpDef- 23
Spe- 26

I'm quite pleased.

The only reason I IV breed is because the console games run perfect Pokemon, and the only way to beat them is with your own, perfect Pokemon.
And giving Power Bracer to that Darumaka will ensure that its offspring will have 31 attack IVs.

So, by some odd stroke of luck, I managed to find a Lonely Cinccino at the Freezer Container. I also found a Stoutland RIGHT before it, but I'm not sure which to use. I already have a level 29 Herdier, who has Intimidate and is stronger/bulkier, and the Cinccino is just too good to give up. I was thinking of keeping Herdier around for Intimidate in important battles, and for Stoutland to be a hit mule. The rest of my team is Pignite, Leavanny, and Tirtouga. Is this a good idea or no? And should I catch a Joltik? I really liked it the past two gameplays I've been in, but it always seemed to be a hax magnet.

So, by some odd stroke of luck, I managed to find a Lonely Cinccino at the Freezer Container. I also found a Stoutland RIGHT before it, but I'm not sure which to use. I already have a level 29 Herdier, who has Intimidate and is stronger/bulkier, and the Cinccino is just too good to give up. I was thinking of keeping Herdier around for Intimidate in important battles, and for Stoutland to be a hit mule. The rest of my team is Pignite, Leavanny, and Tirtouga. Is this a good idea or no? And should I catch a Joltik? I really liked it the past two gameplays I've been in, but it always seemed to be a hax magnet.
Your existing Herdier is only three levels off evolving. I can't think of any advantage to having two Stoutlands in your team, unless you're really worried about the ghost E4 member.

Both parents can pass down IVs from the Power items, but if they each hold a Power item then the chance of passing down either is 50%. If only one Power item is held then it is guaranteed to pass down.

Your existing Herdier is only three levels off evolving. I can't think of any advantage to having two Stoutlands in your team, unless you're really worried about the ghost E4 member.
I just want one to be a hit monkey and use it to revive other members. But should I train the Cinccino or the Herdier? The Cinccino right now is level 30, 'cause I thought it would be better to train it, but the Herdier is 29 and /might/ be better in the long run. I'm really not sure about this. And could you suggest a 6th member? After getting a Joltik and one of the normal types, that is.

And could you suggest a 6th member? After getting a Joltik and one of the normal types, that is.
Try my personal favourite, Chandelure. A pain to train and evolve at first, but in its final stage it hits like a train, but that might have had something to do with mine being Modest with a 31 Sp. Atk IV. Still, it solo'd Shauntal and Caitlin, as well as half of the two battles afterwards.

Try my personal favourite, Chandelure. A pain to train and evolve at first, but in its final stage it hits like a train, but that might have had something to do with mine being Modest with a 31 Sp. Atk IV. Still, it solo'd Shauntal and Caitlin, as well as half of the two battles afterwards.
As stupid as this may sound, should I have Flame Body or Flash Fire? Both have their merits, like immunity to Fire, quicker egg hatching, and Flame Body looks particularly nice, considering that near the end, a LOT of things are physical.

Those, plus Landorus of course, and the event legendaries. There may be a few others you have to own to see (Zweillous springs to mind) but you can own them. And yes you need Tornadus and Thundurus to get Landorus.
Great, thanks a lot. I also have yet to ssee a trainer using Ferrothorn, so in the mean time until I get my hands on a second DS and a copy of black, I guess I'll catch and raise a Deino and a Ferroseed. Again, thanks for the quick reply! ;D

Also, this is probably the wrong place, but I figure while I'm on the topic.. anyone playing black want to catch a Vullaby and trade me for a Rufflet? I don't care about nature, IVs, etc, I just want it for the Pokédex, I can breed a good one later. I figure if any Black players are trying to complete the Unova Dex, this will help us both out. Shoot me a message. =)

I have a quick question regarding teams. I have both Black and White and I'm considering the following teams:

White:
Snivy (Serperior)
Lillipup (Stoutland)
Panpour (Simipour)
Sandile (Krookodile)
Darumaka (Darmatian)

Black:
Oshawott (Samurott)
Pansaer (Simisear)
Munna (Musharna)
Sawk
Cottonee (Whimsicott)

The question is, which Pokemon should I have for the final slots? I'm considering getting Venipede for one of them, but I can't decide which one.
Sigilyph on your Pokémon White team, you don't have a Psychic or Flying type, and it's a friggin' monster in-game. It has great dual-STAB in Air Slash and Psychic, and learns awesome support moves like Reflect, Light Screen, and Cosmic Power via level up, as well as Thunder Wave via TM, and can also use TMs to learn Ice Beam and Shadow Ball for more attacking options. Trust me, he's gooood. Magic Guard is the better ability, so I'd hold out for one of those. You can catch Sigilyph in the Desert Ruins off of Route 4. You'll know it has Magic Guard because it's not taking Sandstorm damage. =)

after finishing black and white in normal and nuzlocke mode I want to try a new thing:
worst 6 Pokemon team run
I alredy reserved slots for watchog and audino but who else do you think should be in my team?

I found Swanna pretty lousy. I had it for a HM Mule; in battle, I constantly found it lacking. (My other five were Serperior, Stoutland, Victini, Haxorus, and Boldore.)

So yeah...while I appreciate the challenge of hard trainers post game, it still is a bit rough...could have given some warning beforehand instead of forcing you to almost lose XD

But I digress, by mid 50s, they're not much of a problem.

after finishing black and white in normal and nuzlocke mode I want to try a new thing:
worst 6 Pokemon team run
I alredy reserved slots for watchog and audino but who else do you think should be in my team?
Munna, Pidove, Ferroseed, Purrloin, Cottonee, Elgyem, Larvesta, off the top of my head, mix and match for your choice of pain.

Undella Town is so tranquil... the music and the waves and the footsteps... and Cynthia!
Anyone else tired of this bitch sticking herself in games she doesn't belong? I never liked her as the champion in gen 4, and am getting annoyed how she's stuck herself in HGSS and now here. Yeesh...stupid Lolita fad/style must be why, to appease the Japanese gamers...

Anyone else tired of this bitch sticking herself in games she doesn't belong? I never liked her as the champion in gen 4, and am getting annoyed how she's stuck herself in HGSS and now here. Yeesh...stupid Lolita fad/style must be why, to appease the Japanese gamers...
She was quite a surprise I will admit. But I would have preferred Lance to have made an appearance (if we are talking champions showing up)

You guys know the underwater ruins? Is there anything other than items down there?
All of Arceus' Plates, and a bunch of Relic items. The latter sell to a guy in the big villa for a LOT of money, as in nearly two million if you get them all. (There are four floors in the Ruins, the place is a right maze, GameFAQs has a map. The big prize is the Relic Crown on the top floor, selling for 300 grand alone.)

Oh, and some writing in a cipher. I've been unable to decipher it, though I am confident it is saying something and isn't merely gibberish.

I'm pretty sure Red would be AWESOME to see. Cynthia? Meh, she travels. Other champions seem to stay put. Red? He's a trainer, one of the best and most epic trainers at that. He'd likely address the champions with the same silence he addressed the trainers of Gold and Silver. Cynthia is still fresh in our minds, but even with HG SS, Red still has the feel of the "original" as far as the games go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)