Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I'm pretty sure Red would be AWESOME to see. Cynthia? Meh, she travels. Other champions seem to stay put. Red? He's a trainer, one of the best and most epic trainers at that. He'd likely address the champions with the same silence he addressed the trainers of Gold and Silver. Cynthia is still fresh in our minds, but even with HG SS, Red still has the feel of the "original" as far as the games go.
And he's still on that blasted mountain and doesn't even acknolwedge anyone else.

Steven would have been a nice surprise. Everyone always forgets about Steven.

Has anyone tried Basculin? Decent speed and sort of acceptable mixed offenses with Adaptability make him seem pretty cool, anyone played with him?

And he's still on that blasted mountain and doesn't even acknolwedge anyone else.

Steven would have been a nice surprise. Everyone always forgets about Steven.
I think if Steven made an appearance, the Internet would be crawling with even more OMGWTFYAY RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKES.

Not saying the remakes won't happen, it's just people might read too much into Steven's appearance.

I have now felt the full extent of the Elite 4's easiness in Pokemon Black
I won.
No Revives.
No inbattle healing
Used 4 Hyper Potions in total.

So basically I won in a nuzlockish kind of way. If I lose a pokemon, its dead until I black out (only in Elite 4). So I cant use Revives, but it was extrememly easy.

~Lost Eelektross to Ghost Elite (nasty crit)
~Lost Krookodile and Excadrill to Dark Elite (stupid mistake)
~Lost Sereperior to Psychic Elite (swept 3/4 members though)
~Lost Darmanitan to Fighting Elite (Flare Blitz recoil 3.5/4 swept)

In the end the MVP was Archeops, with amazing power, hitting fiends with Acrobatics, then U-turnin on stupid Sawk to disable Sturdy, which had been the bane of beating Marshal.
Going into Ns Castle now.
No Medicine.

Also what is a good synchronizer to bring for Reshiram

I think if Steven made an appearance, the Internet would be crawling with even more OMGWTFYAY RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKES.

Not saying the remakes won't happen, it's just people might read too much into Steven's appearance.
Steven, like Cynthia, made a cameo in HG/SS giving out a hoenn starter and being involved with the latis (spawning the runner, and being at the museum for the event.)

If there was a meeting of the champions I suspect that it would be Steven and not Wallace would show up. Red might not show up either. Out of all the champions only Wallace and red did not show up multiple times to help or give handouts during the respective plots.

People read too much into everything when it came to GS remakes, so it probably wouldn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Most people were and are fairly certain there will be RS remakes anyway once we saw HGSS

Some Trainers in the Big Stadium and Small Court give items, notably Rare Candies, and even better PP Ups and Maxes. You can go back every day for rebattles. It's also quite good for levelling, if you don't want to Audino farm or do an E4 run.

And of course there's always Pickup.

Those, plus Landorus of course, and the event legendaries. There may be a few others you have to own to see (Zweillous springs to mind) but you can own them. And yes you need Tornadus and Thundurus to get Landorus.

An aside: White Forest is a bit over-hyped. Sure you can catch a bunch of Pokemon there - if you Entralink with Black and get characters into White City. Without access to Black, White's supposed great advantage isn't so great.
Dang. I should have played Black then. Dang, dang, dang!

Next Playthrough:

May use Basculin instead of Carracosta, haven't decided (I have a serious passion for adaptability)

What Pokemon should I use in my last slot? Want to use something quite interesting, a special attacker would be nice. Was considering Gothitelle or maybe Bisharp. Any suggestions? Perhaps Vanilluxe.

Next Playthrough:

May use Basculin instead of Carracosta, haven't decided (I have a serious passion for adaptability)

What Pokemon should I use in my last slot? Want to use something quite interesting, a special attacker would be nice. Was considering Gothitelle or maybe Bisharp. Any suggestions? Perhaps Vanilluxe.
Cofagrigus also seems to fit that last slot really well. But if you use him I'd go with basculin, as having two physical walls is really unneccesary. One mixed wall will be enough. And Cofagrigus can also hit pretty hard with it's 95 base Sp.Atk. It's movepool isn't bad either, both on the support and offensive side it has enough options. It can also utilize the WoW-Hex combo like Chandelure.

EDIT: Forget about him having a good offensive movepool. It only has:
Hex (17)
Ominous Wind (25)
Shadow Ball(39)
TMs:
Hidden Power
Psychic
Energy Ball
Grass Knot
and trolololol Dream Eater with no sleep inducing move.

Edit:

Do you think I should use something else then?

Hex/Shadow Ball and Grass Knot til post e4 is probably useable in a meh way. His movepool wouldn't be an issue if his special attack is a bit higher but with 95 you kinda hope for better coverage.

Just caught a Sigilyph, need to get rid of someone on the team for it. Right now I have
Scraggy
Herdier
Darumaka
Blitzle
Dribur
Dewott

I'm leaning towards Blitzel but looking for any opinions on who would be best to drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)