1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

Does anyone know how to access that small green dot in the top-left area of the map? I believe it's called "Anville Town" or something, but I always wondered how one would get there, seeing how every other green dot is an accesable location (ie Celestial Tower or Desert Resort).
  2. cantab

cantab

Train from Gear Station in Nimbasa (same place the Battle Subway is)
  3. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

No way! I pass by Nimbasa nearly every day! Thanks. :D
  4. Shinryu

Shinryu

My game is trolling me...I ran into my first shiny! Krokorok (2nd overall, got some shiny in Pearl long ago), but it's Timid with a 0 Spe IV...why why why...
  5. PlatinumDude

PlatinumDude

Okay, so I finally got B/W. I know I'm a few weeks late, so yeah. I'm almost on my way to Nacrene City, but I have some unfinished business to take care of (training the Roggenrola I just caught). It took me eternity and a day to get an Oshawott with decent IVs (though the nature wasn't good). Not only that, it's a girl, making it my first time to play with a female starter on my team.

Anyway, my Black team as of now:

Oshawott, female, level 16 (Bashful)
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Water Gun
    -Focus Energy

Lillipup, female, Vital Spirit, level 13
    -Helping Hand
    -Tackle
    -Odor Sleuth
    -Bite

Pansear, male level 14 (Timid)
    -Cut
    -Work Up
    -Lick
    -Incinerate

Pidove, level 13, Super Luck, male (Hasty; I Synchronized for this one)
    -Gust
    -Growl
    -Leer
    -Quick Attack

Roggenrola, level 10, male (Adamant; I Synchronized for this one too)
    -Tackle
    -Harden
    -Sand-Attack
    -Headbutt
    (I would've had Drilbur in its place, but I hated its IVs)
  6. Shotoetoe

Shotoetoe

I really don't understand why victini is so widely accepted as a good fire or psychic type. In game the little bugger plainly sucks.
    It has to make do with confusion until lv.49 (!!!) before it learns zen headbutt.
    It has ember and flame charge, until you relearn searing shot (5PP), learn it fire blast (5PP) or reach lv.42 (!!!) for flame burst.

Not a good in game pokemon pre E4.
  7. thunderstone

thunderstone

It's good because you when you get it, it has base 100 stats across the board. That's good for the endgame; but he has those stats around the third gym (which happens to be bug-type). His moves aren't as much of an issue as you would think; he certainly does better for stab options than Emboar.
  8. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Is armed with many Honedges
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Victini isn't that good; Darumaka outclasses it in game. Sure Darumaka may be slow, but at least it comes with some powerful moves early on, including a decent STAB Move, & with Sheer Force as an ability, you'll wonder why. Victini on the other hand, has to put up with weak STAB until later levels, & a not so good typing alongside it. It may have great Base Stats, but it doesn't offset the fact that it has to put up with bad STAB. By the time you get a decent STAB, you could've evolved Darumaka, have a really powerful tank & all. That's why Victini is bad in game.

EDIT: After reading more, Victini isn't as bad as I thought. If you do plan to use Victini in game, there is a diverse number of TM's you can use right away, like Grass Knot, Retaliate, etc. Don't rely on the Level Up moves that much, teach him some TM's, but yeah, I think Darumaka is better still.
  9. LE6I0N

LE6I0N

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What would be a good compliment to this team?
  10. FairyLiquidKid

FairyLiquidKid

Hey I'm playing through black I'm wondering what pokemon I should add to my team?
    I've just beaten the 8th gym and about to start Victory Road, my team currently looks like this:

Carracosta Lv. 48
    Haxorus Lv. 49
    Excadrill Lv. 48
    Darmanitan Lv. 48

I dumped Serperior not long after the sixth gym, it was a bit of a deadweight. I'm thinking of either Sawsbuck (deal with waters), Galvantula - although I hate it's design, or something that flies (fighting).

Thanks!
  11. kingoftricks

kingoftricks

As an in-game team I personally think that a team of 4 is enough, since I myself beat the game with also 4 alone. 1 HM slave and one for the reshiram slot. Sawsbuck and Galvantula are both solid choices, though. But I think you can already handle the league with level 49 alone. I suggest leveling to 50-53 or so to have smooth battles. Anyways, anyone else find it unusual that on my first try I was able to fish out a wild milotic? xD
  12. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

Anyone know how to get a custap berry in White? (If it's possible without trading/transferring)

I love Galvantula! Compound eyes Galvantula with thunder is good in game. Conkeldurr is good too. Only B/W flier that I like is Braviary. Maybe you can trade for one. Chandelure is also another option.
  13. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

I think it's spelled Beeheeyem? It's the evolved form of the alien-thing.

If I don't get an adamant one in the next batch, I will. This is why I hate breeding so much.
  14. kingoftricks

kingoftricks

Probably gonna be available through Dream World. Sucks that it won't be available 'til the end of the month, though. I need my ev-reducing berries. :(
  15. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

nope

DW launch has been delayed. :/
  16. thunderstone

thunderstone

Just because darmanitan is better doesn't make victini a bad pokemon :/
  17. kingoftricks

kingoftricks

WAT. SERIOUSLY WHAT. Guess I'd better start breeding new ones. Sigh. :(
    EDIT: I just found out it was because of the earhquake in Japan. In that case, it's perfectly fine for me. :)
  18. Shotoetoe

Shotoetoe

That's what I say about Pidove, but see how that goes.
    I ditched mine at level 32. I couldn't stand it anymore. Base stats mean nothing when you can't do anything decent.

So it learns grass knot? For all it's worth, there's almost no water types to use it on, the roggenrolla family just stomps you with rock moves after sturdy kicks in, and as for the ground types... meh, it hardly hits for any power vs sandiles.

And if I want to spam normal attacks, my Unfezant does that much better.

You can't learn it any Psychic STAB pre E4, it's very limited in it's fire STAB. and apart from that you have headbutt and quick attack ¬¬

It's a great pokemon past lv 49. It's not before.

And if we're going with that, I'm going straight back to Pidove for mid tier. Don't rely on it's level up moves, learn it return and fly!
  19. cantab

cantab

On Victini: its powerful early on, but it's certainly got its faults. The biggest I think is its Fire typing. You don't NEED a Fire type in game, but what DOES help is a Psychic type, for Marshal. Unfortunately, Victini's part-Fire typing means that Marshal can hit you for SE too - and his Sawk can't even be OHKOed since it's Sturdy.

Also, needing TMs to get high power is annoying, especially given the extreme initial cost in BW. A cost (in general, not just because of Victini) that lead me to make a big mistake - selling my evolution stones. If I'd known how much of a bloody nightmare they are to get hold of in White :-@

On the plus side, Victory Star does mean you have a very accurate Fire Blast, and a better-than-normal Thunder. (But really, they should have made the boost 20%, not 10.)

Doesn't help that mine has a dreadful SpA stat. (It's not a - nature, so either awful IVs or wrong EVs.)
  20. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

This is weird.

According to Bulbapedia, Hippopotas swarms are up to a max level of 44.

I caught a LV 55 one 2 days ago from Route 4. First ever swarm in my game, heh. ._.
  21. Chieliee

Chieliee

Never trust Bulbapedia/Serebii on things that aren't really worth investigating for these months.... They have lots of false information on those subjects
  22. Ginormous76

Ginormous76

How do you activate/check swarms in b/w? I know hgss was by radio.
  23. cantab

cantab

Bulletin boards in the gatehouses.
  24. thunderstone

thunderstone

Listen guys, Pidove is amazing. All you need to do is trade him over to a completed save file, teach him aerial ace and trade him back! Top tier! =P
  25. thunderstone

thunderstone

Some speed. A fast electric type like Galvantula or Blitzle would work well.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)