Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Hey I'm playing through black I'm wondering what pokemon I should add to my team?
I've just beaten the 8th gym and about to start Victory Road, my team currently looks like this:

Carracosta Lv. 48
Haxorus Lv. 49
Excadrill Lv. 48
Darmanitan Lv. 48

I dumped Serperior not long after the sixth gym, it was a bit of a deadweight. I'm thinking of either Sawsbuck (deal with waters), Galvantula - although I hate it's design, or something that flies (fighting).

Thanks!

Hey I'm playing through black I'm wondering what pokemon I should add to my team?
I've just beaten the 8th gym and about to start Victory Road, my team currently looks like this:

Carracosta Lv. 48
Haxorus Lv. 49
Excadrill Lv. 48
Darmanitan Lv. 48

I dumped Serperior not long after the sixth gym, it was a bit of a deadweight. I'm thinking of either Sawsbuck (deal with waters), Galvantula - although I hate it's design, or something that flies (fighting).

Thanks!
As an in-game team I personally think that a team of 4 is enough, since I myself beat the game with also 4 alone. 1 HM slave and one for the reshiram slot. Sawsbuck and Galvantula are both solid choices, though. But I think you can already handle the league with level 49 alone. I suggest leveling to 50-53 or so to have smooth battles. Anyways, anyone else find it unusual that on my first try I was able to fish out a wild milotic? xD

Anyone know how to get a custap berry in White? (If it's possible without trading/transferring)

Carracosta Lv. 48
Haxorus Lv. 49
Excadrill Lv. 48
Darmanitan Lv. 48

Thanks!
I love Galvantula! Compound eyes Galvantula with thunder is good in game. Conkeldurr is good too. Only B/W flier that I like is Braviary. Maybe you can trade for one. Chandelure is also another option.

Just because darmanitan is better doesn't make victini a bad pokemon :/
That's what I say about Pidove, but see how that goes.
I ditched mine at level 32. I couldn't stand it anymore. Base stats mean nothing when you can't do anything decent.

So it learns grass knot? For all it's worth, there's almost no water types to use it on, the roggenrolla family just stomps you with rock moves after sturdy kicks in, and as for the ground types... meh, it hardly hits for any power vs sandiles.

And if I want to spam normal attacks, my Unfezant does that much better.

You can't learn it any Psychic STAB pre E4, it's very limited in it's fire STAB. and apart from that you have headbutt and quick attack ¬¬

It's a great pokemon past lv 49. It's not before.

EDIT: After reading more, Victini isn't as bad as I thought. If you do plan to use Victini in game, there is a diverse number of TM's you can use right away, like Grass Knot, Retaliate, etc. Don't rely on the Level Up moves that much, teach him some TM's, but yeah, I think Darumaka is better still.
And if we're going with that, I'm going straight back to Pidove for mid tier. Don't rely on it's level up moves, learn it return and fly!

On Victini: its powerful early on, but it's certainly got its faults. The biggest I think is its Fire typing. You don't NEED a Fire type in game, but what DOES help is a Psychic type, for Marshal. Unfortunately, Victini's part-Fire typing means that Marshal can hit you for SE too - and his Sawk can't even be OHKOed since it's Sturdy.

Also, needing TMs to get high power is annoying, especially given the extreme initial cost in BW. A cost (in general, not just because of Victini) that lead me to make a big mistake - selling my evolution stones. If I'd known how much of a bloody nightmare they are to get hold of in White :-@

On the plus side, Victory Star does mean you have a very accurate Fire Blast, and a better-than-normal Thunder. (But really, they should have made the boost 20%, not 10.)

Doesn't help that mine has a dreadful SpA stat. (It's not a - nature, so either awful IVs or wrong EVs.)

This is weird.

According to Bulbapedia, Hippopotas swarms are up to a max level of 44.

I caught a LV 55 one 2 days ago from Route 4. First ever swarm in my game, heh. ._.

This is weird.

According to Bulbapedia, Hippopotas swarms are up to a max level of 44.

I caught a LV 55 one 2 days ago from Route 4. First ever swarm in my game, heh. ._.
Never trust Bulbapedia/Serebii on things that aren't really worth investigating for these months.... They have lots of false information on those subjects

Listen guys, Pidove is amazing. All you need to do is trade him over to a completed save file, teach him aerial ace and trade him back! Top tier! =P

i found that stoutland is stupidly good, and easy to get from the start, tyvm lillipup
i find swarms irritant, in the past week i have the pinco 3 times, doduo and a couple of others twice

So I have a couple friends who I've done Entralinks with, and the abilities are rather useful, even with the three minute limit.
The one I use the most is Exp. Power +++ for 4 orbs (which isn't hard to get if you repeat item missions, nor is it hard to gain levels this way). It seems gimmiky, but level 3 doubles your exp, put that with Lucky Egg and/ or trade bonus and training becomes much easier. I have white so it helps make up for the lack of Black City. Right now I'm training Volcarona and it gains steady levels from Lv. 60-65 pokes in the sports domes, gonna try and elite four run soon here. I don't think Pass Powers wear off till after battles anyway.
Besides that, there's Hatching, Prize Money, encounter rates, and Bargaining (for shops) that can aid in a lot of common things the EV training and IV breeding.

Edit/update: My level 89 Volcarona was getting about 10,000 exp. from some of the pokemon used but the sports dome trainers, and it was easy to go to 2 or 3 trainers before the 3 minutes expired. Those later levels are killer with the exp. gained lowering, so the pass power is somewhat of a savior... I know a lot of people like to farm audinos, so I think I'm going to see if Encounter Power (up) increases those encounter spots as well as normal encounters, unless someone already knows... I also want to get a lv 1 pokemon with a priority move from another game, use false swipe to maybe get Cynthia's Garchomp to 1 hp then see how much exp it gains with trade bonus, lucky egg, and exp power... but that's just for kicks...

so, where can I obtain substitute in game? is it that pokeball way the hell on top of Brycen's gym?
Apparently it's in Twist Mountain.... but still, can only be acquired during winter... this month is passing really slowly with all the winter stuff coming up...

The point is I think that the game doesn't stop you "cheating" the seasons by changing the DS clock. You can go ahead and jump to winter now if you like. Unlike say what would happen with Pal Park in 4th generation, where a clock change would always mean a 24 hour delay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)