Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

How the heck do you evade the sand pits in Relic Castle? I just beat the 7th gym. It's starting to irritate me.
Dude this guy tells you to walk and not run through them the moment you walk through. I'm pretty sure it was a mandatory conversation too. But I can't remember for sure.

Either way, in B/W talk to EVERYONE just in case they give you an HM or something valuable like an evolution stone.

Dude this guy tells you to walk and not run through them the moment you walk through. I'm pretty sure it was a mandatory conversation too. But I can't remember for sure.

Either way, in B/W talk to EVERYONE just in case they give you an HM or something valuable like an evolution stone.
truth. that's what im doing, and it's not really a nuisance or anything.

im really struggling to get a team together.. and im just past the 5th gym.. lol.. fail.

i feel like i should just start over and try it all again.. but my samurott and Krookodile can't go to waste. [basically all i have, besides a box full of random pokemon i've useda little, or caught just to catch.]

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That means, I'm going to raise 5 guys, which I heard is impossible.
My entire team (of 6) was in the 40's by the E4, with no grinding. Use Lucky Egg on your lead and Exp Share on your lowest level mon (since XP gains scale inversely to level) all the time, and it's easy.
So it's true then that HM's are barley used? What about Surf, and Dive, and waterfall?

Swana looks interesting, although her stats are worse than Simipour, her good typing and fly is probably enough of a reason to use it. What are people's experience with her?

Also, should I just dump Serperior, or is it actually useful?
Dive and Waterfall are never used until after the E4. The only one required is Cut once, and everything after that is just to get to item balls/legendaries/etc.

Swanna wasn't the greatest member of my team, but it was hardly useless, and Fly is always convenient.

Serperior, on the other hand, really started to feel like dead weight toward the end. Brought it in every now and then to whittle down a tough opponent with Leaf Blade before dying, but it never did much on its own.

I don't remember that conversation, so it's probably optional. Either that or I was just going through too fast and didn't read the dialogue.

truth. that's what im doing, and it's not really a nuisance or anything.
I'm following this advice so I dont miss any HMs (cuz the only way to get em all is to find em yourself.) And I started doing this because iI was stuck on the 1st gym until I realized some lady gave us a monkey that could easily beat the gym's monkey. If only I stopped and talked I wouldnt have wasted time losing to the gym twice.

User 43539

Banned deucer.
SRS, my entire team (of 6) was in the 40's by the E4, with no grinding. Use Lucky Egg on your lead and Exp Share on your lowest level mon (since XP gains scale inversely to level) all the time, and it's easy.

Dive and Waterfall are never used until after the E4. The only one required is Cut once, and everything after that is just to get to item balls/legendaries/etc.

Swanna wasn't the greatest member of my team, but it was hardly useless, and Fly is always convenient.

Serperior, on the other hand, really started to feel like dead weight toward the end. Brought it in every now and then to whittle down a tough opponent with Leaf Blade before dying, but it never did much on its own.
Alright thanks guys, for telling me how easy it is to raise a team. I'm thinking

Darumantus
Swanna/Semipour
Serperior
Krookodile
Excadrill
*Pidgeon if I choose Semipour

Do you guys reccomend Simipour or Swanna? Simipour is stronger and faster, and mine has the benefit of already being level 25 :toast:

Also, is Krook and Mole redundant or should I use both? (I love em both)

Alright thanks guys, for telling me how easy it is to raise a team. I'm thinking

Darumantus
Swanna/Semipour
Serperior
Krookodile
Excadrill
*Pidgeon if I choose Semipour

Do you guys reccomend Simipour or Swanna? Simipour is stronger and faster, and mine has the benefit of already being level 25 :toast:

Also, is Krook and Mole redundant or should I use both? (I love em both)
I'd recommend Swanna, and another poke in the last slot.(Haxorus?) Krook and Mole is indeed redundant. You could use Mole and Scraggy.

TM's aren't one-per use anymore? You can use them more than once it seems?
They aren't one-use items anymore, thankfully.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
you can walk through them, dont run. Also, I still need an IV checker AR code sor DSi pokemon WHITE
Quit being a lazy bum and use an IV calculator like the rest of us. Also asking for AR codes is against the forum rules, IIRC.

Chain breeding a good Ferroseed (Not normal for midgame for me =P) So if anyone wants a Relaxed with Leech Seed (Though I'm not worrying about IV's this time around...Should I?)

i havent seen 1 person post about them being pleased with choosing Serperior. what a shame.. considering it's amazing design.

it makes sense though.. why would someone want a starter that can only stall lol

User 43539

Banned deucer.
Alright, I decided to choose Swana, I will box Simipour the instant I catch one.

Also, I decided I need both Excadrill AND Krook. I love them both too much.

All I need now is a 6th slot.

Serperior
Excadrill
Krookodile
Darumanta
Swana
??

i havent seen 1 person post about them being pleased with choosing Serperior. what a shame.. considering it's amazing design.

it makes sense though.. why would someone want a starter that can only stall lol
WHICH IT IS INSANELY GOOD AT.

on my 1st run of the Japanese BW, I used Toxic/leech Seed/Protect/Giga Drain. Just for the heck of it. It worked pretty well, and that Toxic managed to kill Hydreigon eventually (on the 2nd try, when I knew its moveset), by constant switching. Ghetsis sucks at predicting. He's the dumbest person ever.

Serperior is truly terrible in-game. You'll end up dropping it from your team within two or three gyms.

The reason isn't entirely that serperior is bad. There are better grass types available early on. You get petalil very early and it absolutely dominates, especially once you get the sun stone (also fairly early) to make it a lilligant.

I'd imagine the fire pig has the same problem because you can get both Darumakka and Victini before the third gym.

My team is currently:
lvl 28 Victini (incinerate, nitro charge, grass knot, confusion)
lvl 29 Lilligant (own tempo: leech seed, quiver dance, giga drain, sleep powder)
lvl 28 Herdier (intimidate: take down, dig, rock tomb, crunch)
lvl 29 Zebstrika (lightningrod: volt change, shock wave, thunder wave, pursuit)

I'm about to drop zebstrika though because it's been dead weight since I beat elisa. I desperately need a water type because this guy was talking about a cave I need to get to so i feel like i'm gonna get surf soon. I screwed up with the turtle fossil and now i'm not sure which one to get.

I've had my team for the entire game since pretty much the second gym.

At the fifth gym now, and my team is looking like this:
Yamask L. 26
Petilil L. 25
Scraggy L. 26
Darumaka L. 27
Dewott L. 26
Sandile L. 27

I know I should drop a few to make it easier to train, or at least drop one of the Dark types, but I love every Poke on this team.
The only one I'd want to drop would be Petilil, but it is awesome, and forms part of my FWG core. . .so idk

It also sucks that all my Pokemon take so long to evolve :/

I just beat the game, and I all I gotta say is: Fuck that Hydreigon. Surf/Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse just terrorized my team, and I had to use 4 max revives trying to work around it. Thank goodness for Samurott, nice defense, and Megahorn.

I just beat the game, and I all I gotta say is: Fuck that Hydreigon. Surf/Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse just terrorized my team, and I had to use 4 max revives trying to work around it. Thank goodness for Samurott, nice defense, and Megahorn.

QFT. Although for me, it was all about the Conkeldurr who saved my butt.

Alright, I decided to choose Swana, I will box Simipour the instant I catch one.

Also, I decided I need both Excadrill AND Krook. I love them both too much.

All I need now is a 6th slot.

Serperior
Excadrill
Krookodile
Darumanta
Swana
??
Seems pretty physical-based.
Do you have Black or White? Solosis evolution line could be an option.

Crustle/Dwebble gives you more overall type coverage.

Forget about the previous two, use a Joltik/Galvantula. Gives you a solid special attacker, which also does GREAT at the E4-stuff.

Current Team at the 8th gym. Almost to the end :D

Emboar lvl 42
Stoutland lvl 41
Swoobat lvl 41
Seismitoad lvl 41
Gurdurr lvl 42

I actually am using 7 pokes at the minute, I alternate depending on the gym/area. For instance my Emonga was taken out at the 5th gym, Vanillite stepped in to take care of the ground types. If one starts to lag behind, bring em in a battle and they get huuuge exp if they beat an enemy. The new exp system is really flexible on letting you try out pokes without too much grinding. If i see a cool looking poke, I always give them a trial.

Then check the In-Game Tiers thread. A lot of us are REALLY pleased with Serperior.
Who the fuck uses is like a staller, anyway? You've access to Growth and Coil, as well as Giga Drain, Return, Leaf Blade, and Aerial Ace.

Edit: Megaman X you're horribly underleveled.

i like him but i think i'm gonna switch out my simipour for a seismitoad cos he's hella cool. what do people make of him?

Then check the In-Game Tiers thread. A lot of us are REALLY pleased with Serperior.
Who the fuck uses is like a staller, anyway? You've access to Growth and Coil, as well as Giga Drain, Return, Leaf Blade, and Aerial Ace.

Edit: Megaman X you're horribly underleveled.
I did..... =P

EDIT: He's not that underleveled. I think my pokes were about level 43 when entering gym 8. He's underlevelled, but not horribly.

i like him but i think i'm gonna switch out my simipour for a seismitoad cos he's hella cool. what do people make of him?
Oh my God, I freaking love him! :D (Well...His Prevo, Palpitoad...But I'm like half a level away from evolving) No damage from electric, like Quagsire, plus Scald meaning it can give out burns. It can even use Bulldozer, which isn't half bad as a ground move! :D (PLUS AQUA RING!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)