Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

The other thread has some decent output regarding Ferroseed. Some people enjoyed quite a lot using it, but I've never tried it before.

I just beat the game, and I all I gotta say is: Fuck that Hydreigon. Surf/Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse just terrorized my team, and I had to use 4 max revives trying to work around it.
N was so underwhelming this guy really took me by surprise. My Seismitoad barely survived Dragon Pulse so 10 Hyper Potions later I could safely send my Reshiram in to finish it off. It was pretty simple after that but all my Pokémon were 5/10 levels lower.

As for Serperior, I never evolved my Snivy and I thought it was fine. Coil / Leech Seed / More Coiling / Leaf Blade works great as long as you're against a physical attacker. I see why people would hate that, though.

Also love the Rocky Helmet, I put it on my Scolipede. Iron Defense + Poison Point + Rocky Helmet + Venoshock doing twice the damage to Poisoned opponents = you don't fucking hit my Scolipede and live to tell about it.

ಠ_ಠ
Why would you do that? Unless you plan to tank with Coil + Leech Seed, I don't even

edit: well, sorry for that. I'm usually around level ~48 at that point, but that's just me. Subjectivity ftw.
Honestly, I have no idea why I did that. But it turned out pretty well. I think having one staller/poke that can take hits is pretty useful to have.

I'm thinking of doing a playthrough with like, 15 pokes in total, changing after every gym or so. Grinding takes less time with 2 EXP Shares, Lucky Egg, new EXP formula and stuff, but I don't know if I'll have the patience for it. has anyone tried a run like this yet?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Klinklang only learns Shift Gear at lv54 so you shouldn't count on it. Now, if we're talking about Gear Grind (50 BP, two hits, 85 Acc, so it's a Meteor Mash with no Attack increase), then yeah, it's awesome.

Klinklang only learns Shift Gear at lv54 so you shouldn't count on it. Now, if we're talking about Gear Grind (50 BP, two hits, 85 Acc, so it's a Meteor Mash with no Attack increase), then yeah, it's awesome.
awww.... Didn't know he learned Shift Gear(wow strange name) that late...... But as you stated, Gear Grind is awesome.

It's just too bad Klinklang has such a terrible move pool. It had such great potential.
True. Although in the beginning, a Gear Grind/Charge Beam/Mirror Shot/Autotomize set will work. Might also give it the Return TM

Couple of initial impressions, just before 2nd Gym.

This game hates me for natures. Panpour got -SpA and first Drilbur was -Att. Had to catch two more before I felt it was okish (see below)

Snivy: I love Snivy, he's boss as hell, but playing as him is making me see where the other starters are MUCH better. He's still awesome, and I'm getting good use out of Growth and Leaf Tornado. He just won't die to neutral stuff.

Blitzle: Holy crap this thing's awesome, although I'm probably just baised. Nice to see a decent early game electric type for the first time since Gen II. I'll probably drop him later because of redundant coverage, but so far, having success with the glass cannon zebra.

Panpour: A nessasary evil at this point. Even then he's not helping much right now. I plan on dropping him QUICK later for Ducklett.

Drilbur: Overhyped at the moment. I'm carrying him right now. Mudshot/Fury Swipes ain't cuttin' it atm. Potential later, but I can't recommend him for the early game at all.
/2 cents

I really want to grab a polar bear cub from twist mountain to round out my team (because come on, it's a freaking polar bear), but my team is severely lacking in anything with special attacks (ie, none at all unless you count the random Scald my Samurott has). So along those lines, I was thinking of ditching Stoutland for the electric spider (joltik), as Stoutland just really doesn't offer anything; mine uses Strength and Crunch and nothing else really, he doesn't learn anything that good in the ensuing levels and I'm not wasting a heart scale for him to have a fang attack.

Also trying to resist temptation to grab a Meinfoo to replace Sawk, no reason other than I like Meinshao's design more than Sawk, so eh. Sawk so far is pretty one dimensional as well with the fighting attacks, though hopefully the better TMs like EQ will start coming up soon. Also resisting on eventually picking up a Denio for ingame, simply because they evolve way too dang late to be of any use.

I really want to grab a polar bear cub from twist mountain to round out my team (because come on, it's a freaking polar bear), but my team is severely lacking in anything with special attacks (ie, none at all unless you count the random Scald my Samurott has). So along those lines, I was thinking of ditching Stoutland for the electric spider (joltik), as Stoutland just really doesn't offer anything; mine uses Strength and Crunch and nothing else really, he doesn't learn anything that good in the ensuing levels and I'm not wasting a heart scale for him to have a fang attack.

Also trying to resist temptation to grab a Meinfoo to replace Sawk, no reason other than I like Meinshao's design more than Sawk, so eh. Sawk so far is pretty one dimensional as well with the fighting attacks, though hopefully the better TMs like EQ will start coming up soon. Also resisting on eventually picking up a Denio for ingame, simply because they evolve way too dang late to be of any use.
EQ TM is post-E4

EDIT: This is seriously my 8th post ON THIS PAGE. I think I'm addicted to replying to questions..... :D

Holy shit I love this game! My Oshawott just got 37000 Exp. taking down ONE Pokemon (a level 60 something Arcanine with my Lvl. 6 Oshawott and Lvl. 81 Hydreigon)! Oshawott got 37,000 Exp. and Hydreigon got 4000 something.

It went from lvl. 6 to lvl. 35!!!!!!!!
Reposting because it ended up at the bottom of the page and I don't think it got the attention it deserves.

By the way, anyone who has two copies of the game and two DSes, or a friend irl with the game, needs to STOP EVERYTHING THEY'RE DOING RIGHT NOW AND COMPLETE THE ENTRALINK MISSIONS.

Seriously, the Pass Power feature doesn't receive nearly as much recognition as it deserves in this game. You can easily spend an hour and complete all the Entralink missions if you have access to a friend/a second DS. You should be able to get about 150 Pass Orbs in that amount of time. By registering the +3 Exp. Boost Pass Power to your C-Gear, for the cost of 4 Pass Orbs you get three minutes of double experience gain! And once you reach Nimbasa city and other people can start giving you support powers from missions, you can be getting DOUBLE EXPERIENCE FOR 30 MINUTE PERIODS!! And as soon as those 30 minutes are up, just have your friend/other DS re-do the support mission (it takes like 30 seconds) and you can get another 30 minutes, and so on.

Effectively, from Nimbasa city onwards, you can go through the whole game earning double experience points, and all you have to do a support mission every half hour. That's fucking insane.

Until you get to Nimbasa city you'll have to rely on the Pass Orb/Pass Power system, which only lasts for 3 minute intervals. It's still pretty great, but I'm really looking forward to the point where I can play for 30 minute intervals without having to do Entralink stuff.

If you haven't looked into any of the Entralink stuff this probably sounds confusing as hell, but please ask me anything and I'll try to clarify it, it's totally worth it!

I've just finished the second gym (I didn't even battle any trainers in the area west of Nacrene city, but before the actual Pinwheel forest) and my party consists of:

Sinvy (Lv. 20)
Pignite (Lv. 23)
Oshawott (Lv. 22)

I used multiple save-states to get all three starters with my OT, so none of them are even gaining boosted Exp.

And this is with absolutely no grinding.

If you go through the game without exploring Pass Powers (assuming of course that you can) you have no idea what you're missing out on.

Quick question. Are you overlevelled when you have 3 level 28 pokes when entering Nimbasa City?

EDIT: My 10th post on this page. WTF is happening to me

EDIT2: Gonna go sleep now. I'll be back in ~ 9 hours.

wall of nerdy shit, etc., etc.,
If you go through the game without exploring Pass Powers (assuming of course that you can) you have no idea what you're missing out on.
sure i do, being a loser for one. how about you play the game? and if you want to EV train and shit then that's fine (though still an extremely gay way of playing, sitting on your ass for hours and hours taking a break every 30 minutes to do side missions to help you do better when you pick your other ds up for the next 30 minutes, l2 EV train), but if you don't, then who fucking cares?

I'll be honest, I don't even have the C-gear turned on or any clue what these entralink/power pass whatever things are...then again, I don't have a 2nd copy of the game either or any irl friends nearby, so eh. I mean, I guess it sounds like an option, but once you get the lucky egg anyways, that's all the exp boost I've ever needed.

I personally couldn't make use of Serperior. If he got a Fighting move, even Brick Break or Low Sweep, I'd still be using him, but alas...

Current team as of the Icirrus Moor, after the 7th gym:

Sawsbuck lv41
Carracosta lv41
Galvantula lv41
Krookodile lv41
Sigilyph lv41
Larvesta lv25

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)