Pokémon BW2 In-game Tier List Mark II [See Post #840]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I give up. >.< The whole reason I nominated it for No Tier is so some idiot doesn't go and write an analysis for it.

That's kind of counterproductive, you wrote up something so that someone wouldn't write it up?

Speaking of Watchogs, mine's still doing solidly. It especially liked getting Seed Bomb from a certain Move Tutor in Driftveil so it can pick on Rock types.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
That's kind of counterproductive, you wrote up something so that someone wouldn't write it up?

Speaking of Watchogs, mine's still doing solidly. It especially liked getting Seed Bomb from a certain Move Tutor in Driftveil so it can pick on Rock types.
Wynaut ice punch? Most rocks are ground types, and it would last you the whole game and come real useful at the end with Drayden and the Golurks. Just wondering.

Wynaut ice punch? Most rocks are ground types, and it would last you the whole game and come real useful at the end with Drayden and the Golurks. Just wondering.
Which would you prefer ? Hitting what the move is for neutrally until the 7th gym or hitting it 4 times effectively till the 7th gym, hitting the gym neutrally and then hitting 2 times effectively ?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Seed Bomb is marginally more powerful than Ice Punch against neutral targets, but there is a solid dilemma between using either the two: Both handle the 5th Gym just as well, but would you rather also whack Skyla's Swoobat & Drayden (And eventually, half of Iris' team) for SE damage, or would you rather have something to better handle Marlon & the plethora of Rock & Water Types that roam Unova? Seed Bomb, imo, is probably better to use on Watchog. I mean, compared to the other moves it gets to hit rocks for SE Damage with (pre-E4), Low Kick is not the most reliable thing in the world, & Aqua Tail is only available in Lentimas (Which means shard-farming, which is inefficient). Its 80 BP compared to 75 from the elemental punches also means it can deal with the other types it deals SE damage to better than the others (Excluding Aqua Tail, since it needs shard-farming). Seed Bomb is a better move to use on Watchog, imo, but in the end, it is the player's preference as to what to choose.

Seed Bomb is marginally more powerful than Ice Punch against neutral targets, but there is a solid dilemma between using either the two: Both handle the 5th Gym just as well, but would you rather also whack Skyla's Swoobat & Drayden (And eventually, half of Iris' team) for SE damage, or would you rather have something to better handle Marlon & the plethora of Rock & Water Types that roam Unova? Seed Bomb, imo, is probably better to use on Watchog. I mean, compared to the other moves it gets to hit rocks for SE Damage with (pre-E4), Low Kick is not the most reliable thing in the world, & Aqua Tail is only available in Lentimas (Which means shard-farming, which is inefficient). Its 80 BP compared to 75 from the elemental punches also means it can deal with the other types it deals SE damage to better than the others (Excluding Aqua Tail, since it needs shard-farming). Seed Bomb is a better move to use on Watchog, imo, but in the end, it is the player's preference as to what to choose.
Ice Punch also costs 10 Red Shards, while Seed Bomb costs six. You'll have a little left over if you want another move on another teammate. Looker trounced Clay, by the way. Seed Bomb utterly destroys his Sandslash and Krokorok, which is nice.

Hey guys, first time poster but long time reader. I enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on certain pokemon and I wanted to take a stab at my own experiences in the game. My final Black 2 team was:
Cofagrigus
Excadrill
Starmie
Ferrothorn
Meinshao
Haxorus

Name: Mienfoo/Mienshao
Tier: Mid
Availability: Earliest is Rt 14 and Rt 22 at around 35-40.
Stats: OK HP and defenses, awesome attack/spatt/speed. VERY useful Regenerator ability, but Inner Focus isn't bad either.
Typing: Pure fighting, which means only weaknesses to Flying and Psychic
Movepool: Great fighting moves (HJK, JK, Drain Punch), U-Turn for useful healing with Regenerator, Dual Chop for Dragons via the Tutor, Rock Slide, Fake Out! My Mienshao ended up having HJK, Drain Punch, U Turn, and Rock Slide.
Major Battles: None really until it evolves which sucks. I used it for wild pokemon or weaker trainers but I couldn't really justify using it on Drayden or Marlon due to typing and weak defense and offense as a Mienfoo. Having Starmie and Ferrothorn didn't help much either. However, once it became a Mienshao, it swept most of Victory Road/E4 for me, including Iris. It was my highest leveled poke at the end of it all and one of my most favorite ones to use late game and beyond. Compared to Lucario, it has slightly less HP, Def, Sp Def, and Sp Att, but much better Att and Speed. While it's not as late as when you got it in BW1, it's still at a point where there aren't many major battles for it, and you've probably already picked up Scrafty/Lucario/Conkeldurr. If you haven't been using a fighting type OR if you can't decide or don't like any of the previous options, Mienfoo is a great pokemon to use.

Name: Ferrothorn
Tier: Mid/High
Availability: Chargestone Cave
Stats: Extremely slow but comes with a lot of resists and amazing defenses, workable attack and decent HP. The lack of fire types in the game helps Ferrothorn more than it hurts, although you do have to watch out for Chandelure/Hydriegon at the end of the E4. Evolves fairly quickly at 40. Great ability in Iron Barbs, add a Rocky Helmet and foes who use physical attacks will whittle themselves down fairly quickly.
Typing: Grass/Steel, so a 2x to Fighting and 4x to Fire with 10 resistances.
Movepool: Decent movepool for what you need, Gyro Ball/Iron Head for Steel, Power Whip for Ground/Rock/Water, Payback for Psychics, Toxic, TWave, Bulldoze, Poison Jab, Aerial Ace, Seed Bomb via tutor, Stealth Rock via tutor. Does not learn Leech Seed naturally which is a bummer because it has no active regeneration other than Ingrain or Giga Drain via tutor.
Major Battles: Not terribly useful against Skyla. Decent against Drayden. Walks all over Marlon. Somewhat useful against the E4 (Caitlin and can set up on Shauntai). Overall a very solid contender for a grass type, I just wish it could learn Leech Seed naturally.

Hello everyone.

I also just did a White 2 playthrough. I mainly chose Pokémons that would work well in-game, preferably ones that I haven't tried out in B/W. I didn't want to switch out my starter, as that didn't really feel rpg-ish. I felt my team worked well, especially against the elite four. I 6-0'd all of them iirc. Iris was somewhat difficult, however. I believe the levels of my Pokémons were around 55 when I finished my playthrough.

My team consisted of:
- Emboar
- Magnezone
- Braviary
- Starmie
- Excadrill
- Scrafty

Gym 1: Normal
Gym 2: Poison
Gym 3: Bug
Gym 4: Electric
Gym 5: Ground
Gym 6: Flying
Gym 7: Dragon
Gym 8: Water

Emboar - High/Mid Tier
Availability: My starter Pokémon, obviously, so its availability is pretty much the best part.
Stats: Its stats are actually quite decent; good enough for high tier for sure. Coincidentally I had one with strong IVs, so that also helped matters. Its HP gives it enough bulk to take strong attacks and its attack stat is great as well. Its speed is somewhat lacking for the tough battles, but not too troubling, as it is bulky enough to take hits.
Typing: Its typing is sadly somewhat poor. Fire doesn't seem to be the best typing offensively in-game, and to those Pokémon it would work, I usually had better alternatives in my team. Fighting would be good if it was able to learn better moves (Arm Thrust is far from sufficient). It also opens it up to quite a few weaknesses.
Movepool: It can learn quite some high power moves, through levelling up as well as through TMs, but the STABs weren't satisfying enough. I had Arm Thrust as fighting STAB for the majority of the game, and Heat Crash (and eventually Flamethrower) as fire STAB. Flamethrower is a decent STAB on itself, but Emboar prefers to make use of its higher physical stat. In comparison to the other Pokémons of my team, Emboar had a poor moveset.
Major Battles: I didn't use it in the whole Pokémon League at all. It doesn't really do particularly well in tough battles. It's fine against the majority of trainers, but it doesn't carry in the major battles. I must admit I didn't use it as much in those either. There are a couple of steel type Pokémons of Corless it would work well against, though. I assume it to work just fine against many of the major trainers other than Iris if I didn't have better alternatives.
Additional Comments: I didn't read the entire topic, but I presume Emboar has been discussed multiple times already. I quite agree with its placing. 0 kills in the Pokémon League.

Magnezone - Top Tier
Availability: Very early, which is nice, although it isn't as good as Magnemite. Pignite was definitely better early game.
Stats: Great. I had a Modest one with near max spA IVs, with the option of utilising 120/150 power Electro Balls, so its firepower was very satisfying. Its bulk is also great, and in addition, it also has Sturdy, which can be a savior. Admittedly, it isn't fast enough for the tougher matches, but Thunder Wave helps for that.
Typing: Very solid. Steel is arguably the best defensive typing and electric is one of the better offensive typing ingame. It eventually gets nice STAB moves by levelling up, too, although somewhat late, nonetheless.
Movepool: It learns solid STABs. Thunder Wave+Electro Ball works well in-game, when more power is needed or when the opponent is normally faster. It gets Flash Cannon too, although Steel isn't as good offensively.
Major Battles: Describe how the Pokémon handles the major opponents throughout the game. Notable opponents and battles include the Gym Leaders, battles against various members of Team Plasma, the final rival battle before the Elite Four, the Elite Four themselves, and the Champion.
Additional Comments: Has Sturdy, which can be great for the Major Battles. OHKOs Lapras with Electro Ball after a Thunder Wave. 5 kills in the Pokémon League.

~--- I'll edit the following four descriptions soon ---~

Braviary - Top Tier
Availability: Very early, which is nice, although it isn't as good as Magnemite. Pignite was definitely better early game.
Stats: Great. I had a Modest one with near max spA IVs, with the option of utilising 120/150 power Electro Balls, so its firepower was very satisfying. Its bulk is also great, and in addition, it also has Sturdy, which can be a savior. Admittedly, it isn't fast enough for the tougher matches, but Thunder Wave helps for that.
Typing: Very solid. Steel is arguably the best defensive typing and electric is one of the better offensive typing ingame. It eventually gets nice STAB moves by levelling up, too, although somewhat late, nonetheless.
Movepool: It learns solid STABs. Thunder Wave+Electro Ball works well in-game, when more power is needed or when the opponent is normally faster. It gets Flash Cannon too, although Steel isn't as good offensively.
Major Battles: Describe how the Pokémon handles the major opponents throughout the game. Notable opponents and battles include the Gym Leaders, battles against various members of Team Plasma, the final rival battle before the Elite Four, the Elite Four themselves, and the Champion.
Additional Comments: Has Sturdy, which can be great for the Major Battles. OHKOs Lapras with Electro Ball after a Thunder Wave. 5 kills in the Pokémon League.

Starmie - High Tier

Excadrill - High/Top Tier

Scrafty - Top Tier

I'll edit it soon to add the descriptions of the latter four Pokémons. I might also change the tier placing of a few. I'm mainly not certain about Excadrill and Emboar. Excadrill wasn't amazing, but putting those two in the same tier doesn't feel right either.

Emboar is pretty good, actually. I've been using one in my White 2 Challenge Mode Nuzlocke, and it hits hard from both angles. Flame Charge is essential to get rid of its low speed, though it REALLY misses Brick Break.

Magnezone is the one I'm on the fence on *dies by "omgMagnezoneisborked* Sturdy is awesome, but Magnezone has problems with finding roles that it can do in late-game. I actually felt like Magnezone wasn't pulling his weight at the end; stuff like Scrafty and Weezing were seeing more action than Magnezone was; all he did was switch in, take a hit and fire off T-Bolt/Flash Cannon/Signal Beam and run away again. It was cool, but I have to wonder whether Galvantula or some of the other Electric Types would be better. He's certainly one of those guys who was WAAAAY too overhyped. He's good, but not as good as people say he is.

Having used Magnezone for the first time in my last playthrough, I can say that it is definitely that good. It was a Nuzlocke, so that kind of changes the dynamic of things, but still. Steel typing is just too good of its own. I could almost always fall back on it. It could definitely do with a better attacking moveset, but Thunder Wave/Electroball gets the job done.

The problem is that Magnezone tries to do too many things. It tends to overlap with a lot of party members. Special Attacker? Gothitelle and Reunicles have better coverage. Wall? Weezing and Cofagrigus are better at that. Status abuser? Grass types. I found that whatever Magnezone did, I could easily do with something else that could cover more bases than Magnezone.

The problem is that Magnezone tries to do too many things. It tends to overlap with a lot of party members. Special Attacker? Gothitelle and Reunicles have better coverage. Wall? Weezing and Cofagrigus are better at that. Status abuser? Grass types. I found that whatever Magnezone did, I could easily do with something else that could cover more bases than Magnezone.
However true, Magnezone is important because it comes at a very key point in the game - it's effective against the next two gyms, allowing for some great training. Additionally, a lot of Pokémon early on (and Audino) are unable to hit Steel-types, allowing for even more easy training. It's less that Magnezone is the best at any one thing, but more about the perfect timing and ease of use. You don't have to be a great Trainer to be able to use Magnezone well.

What? The game does not call for Pokemon in roles like that, and even if it did, these are very universal roles. All you basically just said is that Magnezone is a durable Special attacker with Thunder Wave.

Weezing and Cofagrigus do not wall the same things as Magnezone. If I'm facing something with a Ground or Fighting move, yes. But if I'm facing a Bisharp, I'm definitely taking Magnezone.

For statusing, its main use is setting Pokemon up to be KO'd more easily, or captured more easily. Who cares if you have other Pokemon that can do it? Sometimes Magnezone might be better for the job, sometimes it might be your other Pokemon.

You can diminish any kind of positive contribution any Pokemon makes with your line of thinking. KOing enemy Pokemon? Oh, I already have Pokemon that can do that, why would I need an Excadrill or a Darmanitan?

What? The game does not call for Pokemon in roles like that, and even if it did, these are very universal roles. All you basically just said is that Magnezone is a durable Special attacker with Thunder Wave.

Weezing and Cofagrigus do not wall the same things as Magnezone. If I'm facing something with a Ground or Fighting move, yes. But if I'm facing a Bisharp, I'm definitely taking Magnezone.

For statusing, its main use is setting Pokemon up to be KO'd more easily, or captured more easily. Who cares if you have other Pokemon that can do it? Sometimes Magnezone might be better for the job, sometimes it might be your other Pokemon.

You can diminish any kind of positive contribution any Pokemon makes with your line of thinking. KOing enemy Pokemon? Oh, I already have Pokemon that can do that, why would I need an Excadrill or a Darmanitan?
"Durable" goes only as far as its resists. If it doesn't resist it, it's activating Sturdy. I was disappointed, expecting something that would completely decimate the game on its own, hence the "Magnemite" tier people were talking about. It wasn't a game breaker, and I feel it was overhyped, because it /didn't/ decimate the game like everyone was saying.

As for facing a Bisharp, I'm taking Weezing over Magnezone. Weezing actually can hit Super Effective, and takes negilgable damage from Bisharp thanks to Wil-o-Wisp. It's not even a fair contest. Sure, it'll take slightly longer, but I'd rather be safe and know that I can just sit there and pass around potions to anyone who might need them while Bisharp kills itself. Hence...Walls are good. Saying how they're not good for in-game is a naive way of thinking.

In what way am I going "oh, I need to KO Pokemon, I'll take this instead of Darmanitan?" I create my party with certain ideals in mind. Hell, if I need something to kill a Ground type, why...I'm going to get a Grass or Water type! Or teach something a coverage move! This isn't 'rocket science', this is common sense. I don't mean to come off as rude, but...really. inanimate blob's arguement makes sense to me, and feels like the way I would see it. It's easy to use. It comes at a good point in the game. It is NOT, in any way, shape or form, the next coming of Jesus as people have been hyping it.

tl;dr Magnezone is good, but not "OMGAWESOME" as people have been saying.

"Durable" goes only as far as its resists. If it doesn't resist it, it's activating Sturdy. I was disappointed, expecting something that would completely decimate the game on its own, hence the "Magnemite" tier people were talking about. It wasn't a game breaker, and I feel it was overhyped, because it /didn't/ decimate the game like everyone was saying.

As for facing a Bisharp, I'm taking Weezing over Magnezone. Weezing actually can hit Super Effective, and takes negilgable damage from Bisharp thanks to Wil-o-Wisp. It's not even a fair contest. Sure, it'll take slightly longer, but I'd rather be safe and know that I can just sit there and pass around potions to anyone who might need them while Bisharp kills itself. Hence...Walls are good. Saying how they're not good for in-game is a naive way of thinking.

In what way am I going "oh, I need to KO Pokemon, I'll take this instead of Darmanitan?" I create my party with certain ideals in mind. Hell, if I need something to kill a Ground type, why...I'm going to get a Grass or Water type! Or teach something a coverage move! This isn't 'rocket science', this is common sense. I don't mean to come off as rude, but...really. inanimate blob's arguement makes sense to me, and feels like the way I would see it. It's easy to use. It comes at a good point in the game. It is NOT, in any way, shape or form, the next coming of Jesus as people have been hyping it.

tl;dr Magnezone is good, but not "OMGAWESOME" as people have been saying.
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about now. Magnemite tier was like a thing of the past: a search of this thread shows that the only recent post that was /relevant/ to the notion of Magnemite tier is this very post that I'm replying to.

Your stand is horribly inconsistent: you're asking to drop? Magnemite because it sucks endgame, then now you're saying that it doesn't break the game but is still a solid Top?? I don't get you, honestly.

Where in my last post did I say my opinion changed? My opinion has not changed, it is a very high High, but I'm not convinced it has enough coverage to give it a Top slot.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about now. Magnemite tier was like a thing of the past: a search of this thread shows that the only recent post that was /relevant/ to the notion of Magnemite tier is this very post that I'm replying to.

Your stand is horribly inconsistent: you're asking to drop? Magnemite because it sucks endgame, then now you're saying that it doesn't break the game but is still a solid Top?? I don't get you, honestly.
Where in my last post did I say my opinion changed? My opinion has not changed, it is a very high High, but I'm not convinced it has enough coverage to give it a Top slot.
We've definitely established as a community that Magnemite is definitely at least High.

I would actually propose for a final decision...
A POLL :D

Additionally, I would like to list the pros and cons of Magnemite just as a reference sheet.

Pros:
  • Powerful early game sweeper
  • Comes before multiple training gyms
  • Can use Magnet Pull to easily find one with a favorable ability
  • Cute
  • Steel-typing gives it many defensive benefits
  • Evolves at key points during the game
  • Is helpful against 4 Gym Leaders (Roxie, Burgh, Drayden, Marlon)
  • Is resistant to four of the Elite Four/Champion
  • Two useful abilities in Sturdy and Magnet Pull

Cons:
  • Low Special Defense early on
  • Low HP and Speed later on
  • Shallow movepool throughout the game
  • Other special Electric-type available
  • Other defensive Steel-type available
  • Less uguu as it evolves
  • Useless against Clay, hard to use against Elesa
  • Marshal wrecks it
  • Suffers from wide distribution of Fighting and Ground moves
  • Steel is a terrible STAB

We've definitely established as a community that Magnemite is definitely at least High.

I would actually propose for a final decision...
A POLL :D

Additionally, I would like to list the pros and cons of Magnemite just as a reference sheet.

Pros:
  • Powerful early game sweeper
  • Comes before multiple training gyms
  • Can use Magnet Pull to easily find one with a favorable ability
  • Cute
  • Steel-typing gives it many defensive benefits
  • Evolves at key points during the game
  • Is helpful against 5 Gym Leaders (Roxie, Burgh, Skyla, Drayden, Marlon)
  • Is resistant to four of the Elite Four/Champion
    -Shauntal: Driflbim, Cofag
    - Grimsley: Liepard (Why does he have this, seriously?), Bisharp
    -Caitlin: Musharna, Sigilyph
    -Marshal: Don't, you silly person
    -Iris: Archeops, Lapras, can T-wave Hax.
  • Two useful abilities in Sturdy and Magnet Pull

Cons:
  • Low Special Defense early on
  • Low HP and Speed later on
  • Shallow movepool throughout the game Has everything it needs though
  • Other special Electric-type available One of the best electrics out there, no question
  • Other defensive Steel-type available still best steel-type, apart from Drilbur/Excadrill
  • Less uguu as it evolves
  • Useless against Clay, hard to use against Elesa
  • Marshal wrecks it
  • Suffers from wide distribution of Fighting and Ground moves
  • Steel is a meh-ish STAB
Doing a Black 2 Nuzlocke, and magneton was my go-to pokémon. Too bat it died eventually, just before Clay. Despite that, it did great during it's 30 levels, to the point that I grew a bit sad when it died. One of the most important factors that magnezone has though, is Sturdy. Literally the reason why it can be used again virtually everything.

Seeing as about 36 (nearly a full box) of pokémon has died during my Nuzlocke run, it's kind of hard to rate them. Espeon however, deserves one of the highest spots on the ranks here: reasonably easy to get, good STAB, 'ok-ish' coverage and great stats for something so early. Not to mention it can break Elesa so easily.

I was one of the first who rated Mag top, and my stand has not changed to this day. Magnezone is extremely versatile and is a viable backup to just about everything in existence. Magnezone has amazing matchups, being hit at least neutrally by only 4 types in the entire game. He has excellent offense immediately in the form of Sonicboom: 20 dmg is pretty big for a team that is at the Cheren/Roxie stage, having the power to 2HKO everything with ease. Sonicboom does lose steam quickly, but then Magnemite is still walling Burgh anyway so it's no biggie. The only bad part about Magnemite is the Elesa/Clay stage, and this is say, 1/10th of the game. Mag is still kicking some serious shit for the remaining 90%, and can make up for the lost EXP in the Elesa/Clay part by beating Skyla/Marlon.

Magnezone's moveset is pretty straightforward: Thundershock and Sonicboom work fine early on, Electro Ball is always better than Thundershock, Mirror Shot > Flash Cannon upgrade chain, so you have your two STAB moves set already. The remaining 2 slots can be Thunder Wave / Charge Beam / Signal Beam / Volt Switch, all four of which complement Magnezone's excellent power behind his main STAB.

The definition of Top Tier, as laid out by the OP, is this:

Pokémon the belong in Top Tier are found early in the game or at a high level, can defeat enemies easily, have strong level-up move-pools, have useful typing, have high stats, learn a variety of TMs and HMs, and match up well against the game's trainers, gym leaders, and Elite 4.
Magnezone is found early enough in the game, at a point where he can reliably defeat most trainers because of sonicboom. His typing and stats are excellent, and really there are only two places where you can fault Magnezone:

1. Fail between Elesa and Clay
2. A ridiculously annoying distribution of Fighting and Ground moves amongst enemies in this game.

Magnezone is most definitely top to me. Need a good setup sweeper? Charge Beam Magnezone. Need something to cushion hits? Magnezone and his sexy 13 resists. Paralyse something in a pinch? Goddamn, Magnezone.

If anything as versatile as Magnezone isn't top tier, I don't know what else would. Magnezone is a safety sheet to just about everything, and his resists make it stupidly easy to build a team that can help with his flaws (i.e. water-type).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I ran Magnezone with Mirror Shot/Metal Sound/Twave/Thunderbolt. Metal Sound is really good for breaking things that resist you, and Twave is just really good for slowing things up that might cause you or the rest of the team issues. It can even break through Elesa's Emolgas pretty easily but will get roasted from Flame Charge.

The advantages it has towards the end of the game more than makeup for the tiny bit of faltering around that section, even then you should have a solid water or grass type to deal with Clay. I actually sent mine in against Excadill to get off a Metal Sound to ensure a OHKO with other team members.

Magneton with eviolite is crazy strong even against stuff that should be murdering its face in.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's time for another update of our preliminary tier list. A fair amount of new Pokémon has been added this time, which is great. Remember that this is still far from the finalized thing. The premise is the same as it has always been:

Anything with less than 3 votes will be in italics (examples are Tynamo in the Low Tier column and Purrloin in the Bottom Tier column). This is because one vote from one member can hardly make up for deciding a Pokémon's placement. Anything in Bold has reached 3 or more votes, and is placed in its current place on the tier list.

I've also included all that I could include from the first thread. Also, Pokémon with equal votes for two different tiers will be in a temporary Limbo placement (for example, a Pokémon with two votes for High and two votes for Mid will be placed in Limbo 2).
This is how things look now (previous list can be found here):

Darumaka

Drilbur

Heracross [Black 2]

Magnemite

Minccino

Axew

Braviary (Route 4 stationary) [White 2]

Azurill

Eevee - Espeon

Eevee - Jolteon

Elekid (With Trade / No trade) [White 2]

Frillish

Lillipup

Litwick

Oshawott

Petilil

Pidove

Pinsir [White 2]

Riolu

Roselia

Sandile

Scraggy

Sigilyph

Staryu

Tepig

Zorua

Eevee - Vaporeon

Mienfoo

Aron

Baltoy

Buizel

Cottonee

Cubchoo

Deerling

Ducklett

Dwebble

Ferroseed

Gigalith

Gligar

Growlithe

Joltik

Klink

Koffing

Magby (No trade) [Black 2]

Mandibuzz (Route 4 stationary) [Black 2]

Maractus

Mareep

Metang

Numel [White 2]

Onix (With trade)

Pawniard

Pelipper

Piloswine

Psyduck

Sawk

Sewaddle

Skarmory

Snivy

Solosis [White 2]

Solrock

Spheal

Tangela

Timburr (No trade)

Trapinch

Volcarona

Zangoose

Zubat

Drifblim

Gothita [Black 2]

Venipede

Audino

Bouffalant

Buneary [Black 2]

Clefairy

Druddigon

Eevee - Flareon

Elgyem

Emolga

Golurk

Lapras

Nosepass

Patrat

Remoraid

Roggenrola (No trade)

Rufflet [White 2]

Sandshrew

Seel

Seviper

Skorupi

Sneasel

Spoink [Black 2]

Swablu

Throh

Trubbish

Tynamo

Woobat

Yamask

Zweilous

Sunkern

Alomomola

Castform

Combee

Corsola

Delibird

Ditto

Dunsparce

Eevee - Umbreon

Karrablast (No trade)

Onix (No trade)

Purrloin

Shelmet (No trade)

Shuckle

Skitty [White 2]

Vanillish

Vullaby [Black 2]

Here's a list of the tier changes:

Axew up to Limbo 1 from High Tier
Pidove up to High Tier from Limbo 2
Braviary up to Limbo 1 from High Tier

And here's the list of all new additions:

Baltoy to Middle Tier
Eevee - Umbreon to Bottom Tier
Elekid (with trade) to High Tier
Ferroseed to Middle Tier
Lillipup to High Tier
Maractus to Middle Tier
Mienfoo to Limbo 2
Nosepass to Low Tier
Woobat to Low Tier

Pidove and Patrat has been added to the OP as well.

Also, here are all the Pokémon that are left. These lack any suggestion for a tier placement (or none that I can properly place from):

Rattata
Magby (With trade)
Grimer
Roggenrola (With trade) *Can be bundled with the traded Gigalith in-game*
Timburr (With trade)
Pansear
Panpour
Pansage
Shelmet (With trade)
Foongus
Karrablast (With trade)
Basculin
Zebstrika
Banette
Absol
Lunatone
Cobalion
Virizion
Terrakion

I want to thank everyone who took their time to post about the Pokémon that were left. However, there are still some left, so let's get those tiered as well!

Now, back to where we were.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Terrakion--Mid Tier
Availability: Late-Route 22, and unlike other legendary pokemon like Articuno or Zapdos in FRLG, it is close in level to the pokemon in the surrounding area.
Stats: Excellent. Base 129 Atk is quite powerful, and 108 base Spe is also quite good. 91/90/90 bulk is not as good as some things, but is decent. Base 72 SpA means Terrakion should go full physical.
Typing: Rock/Fighting is great offensively, but not so great defensively.
Movepool: Now this is where Terrakion falls short. Learns Swords Dance 2 levels after you catch it, or already has it if you catch it post-game. Both the Stone Edge and Earthquake TMs come post-game and Close Combat comes too late, although Sacred Sword isn't bad as far as Fighting STAB goes. It already knows Rock Slide when you catch it and that's a decent replacement for Stone Edge, but Bulldoze lacks the power to break through anything that's not weak to it.
Major Battles: Completely useless against Marlon as all of his pokemon get super-effective STAB on him, and unlike Emboar, he can't learn a move that is super-effective against Water-types. X-Scissor helps against Starmie, but Starmie will outspeed and OHKO him anyway. Kyurem cowers before it. Ghetsis' Hydreigon won't appreciate Sacred Sword, but the rest of his team should be left to the rest of your party. Shauntal's Drifblim and Chandelure don't like Rock Slide, but it can't touch Golurk or Cofagrigus. Obviously Caitlin should be left to the rest of your party, as should Marshal. Archeops is the only thing on Iris' team that does not have a super-effective move against Terrakion.
Other Comments: Relies on his teammates a lot, but can be very powerful if played correctly.

Pansear / Panpour / Pansage have only 10% chance to appear in LostLorn Forest shaky grass ... The availability is damn low ... If you add IV & Nature selections, it becomes very hard to catch

Panpour is still the best with early Scald useful for Clay's gym ... Pansear doesn't have the bug gym for grinding and lose the ice gym ... Pansage has still Clay and gains Marlon gym ...

For me Panpour is mid / Pansage mid-low / Pansear low-bottom.

I guess that Roggenrola with trade = Gigalith in trade game (not perfect IV / nature, but has Burgh, Elesa gym to train)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)