Pokémon Conquest

It's like my childhood is dying piece by piece. If there is anything I hate more than motion controls, it's turn based tactics games.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's like my childhood is dying piece by piece. If there is anything I hate more than motion controls, it's turn based tactics games.
I guess we're skipping over the fact that Pokemon itself is a turn-based tactical RPG.

breh

強いだね
This could be either REALLY good or REALLY bad, hopefully it works out.
QFT

I really hope this is well executed (not "HEY GUYS LET'S JUST SLAP OUR LABEL ON A SHITTY GAME AND CALL IT GOLD"); I want to be able to buy this.

also wtf ds? really? the 3DS has good games now, gamefreak, people are actually buying consoles now; you shouldn't have to worry. Even if the 3D is shittily pulled off, I would still appreciate the nicer graphics.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
linking to tvtropes should result in an infraction because I honestly just wasted an hour on that website

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aside from a handful of titles, every Pokemon game has seen release in the west. There's a high chance we'll get this.

The game's definitely more in the style of the Final Fantasy Tactics series than a Fire Emblem game.
Yep.

Strategy RPGs are great. Actually, I'm sort of scared this will be too easy and watered-down, because of the audience. The most jarring thing for me about it is the clash of settings (Pokémon and uhh.. feudal Japan?). But this has a lot of potential. Give it a chance, everyone! It's a new way to experience Pokémon and it's really not gimmicky except for the crossover aspect, which does make me a bit wary. I say it's not gimmicky because tactical RPGs are an old, diverse, and well-explored genre; there's something out there setting-wise for everyone who loves strategy. And considering a lot of us have played competitive Pokémon at some point, it's not a stretch to translate one form of turn-based tactics to another, isometric form. We have a lot of weird spinoffs anyway: Pokémon Snap, anyone?

Now if only this was ROTK X Pokemon instead.
lol, well, 'why not' at this stage?

Also, I have to draw parallels to the Shin Megami Tensei series, where you summon demons to fight for you. SMT has a lot of spinoff series and I've only played Devil Survivor so far, which is a grid-based tactics RPG as well, but I'm sort of seeing this game be like Devil Survivor. I don't think the trainers fight in this one though unlike SMT:DS, but I could be wrong...?

The moment i regret not fixing my broken DS sooner. I will probably get this game for i am a fan of that type of game. it just seems a bit weird though...i mean, i honestly dind't see such a crossover coming at all, but i wont complain because i have seen more weird crap that was still fun to play.

Still waiting for that DigimonXPokemon Crossover to troll haters.

I guess we're skipping over the fact that Pokemon itself is a turn-based tactical RPG.
You know what I mean, games like FE and FF Tactics where you move several freaking squares at a time to get close enough to attack a single enemy and doing this with more than one character.

I simply do not like that setup, not one bit.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Samurai suits + Pokemon=?
But, samurais with Pokemon?
Well this is...uh...well...er...hmm...different.
This looks amazing! Odd... but amazing.
hi

I have never been even slightly interested in wasting even a moment of my time playing any non core pokemon game. If it doesn't have the complex IVs/EVs/Nature/Movepool/etc it does not interest me. I am very interested in this however. Fire Emblem is a great series for its own reasons.

I bet JRank is having an orgasm right now.

Although I've never enjoyed SRPGs, and I haven't played much of Fire Emblem or Nobunaga's Ambition, I'm excited about this insofar as it's a new way to enjoy Pokemon, as Jumpluff said. After all, the main Pokemon titles often mention how Pokemon and humanity have been tied throughout history, so here's a playable example of that. Pokemon is generally assumed to exist in a sort of parallel dimension, but I'm willing to overlook that and enjoy the feudal Japanese setting! :P

I've always wanted some sort of Pokemon war game along the lines of the Dynasty Warriors Empires games--a sort of real-time, strategic buttonmasher, if that makes any sense--in which you must plan and organize forces, but combat isn't slow, turn-based, or confined to grids.

Again, I have limited experience with Nobunaga, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I will probably buy this game. It looks like it has a lot of potential and like every has said, samurai are cool!

It's got Jigglypuff. I pretty much have to buy this game now.

I really have no idea how to react to this news. This is definitely going to be a game where I take the "wait and see" approach.

hi

I have never been even slightly interested in wasting even a moment of my time playing any non core pokemon game. If it doesn't have the complex IVs/EVs/Nature/Movepool/etc it does not interest me. I am very interested in this however. Fire Emblem is a great series for its own reasons.

I bet JRank is having an orgasm right now.
Its all so clear now. Also this better have Wi-Fi, its pokemon :/

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Anyone going "Pokemon + Feudalism lolwat?" watch Movie 12. It sucks pretty major pelota but it explains the phenomenon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)