Pokémon Design Misconceptions

...nope, still can't see it.

However, you thought your misconception of Woobat was bad? I thought it continued on to Swoobat, and I was left trying to figure out what the hell those weird spiral things on the sides of its 'eye' were. I mean, look at it!

Don't tell me those eyes don't look like spirals.

Also, I thought that Elgyem and Beeheeyem were based off of SPC-173, since I thought that their eyes were teeth and that the squiggles on their foreheads were supposed to be some sort of weird eye thing.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just to throw that out here, Hoothoot does in fact have two feet. It's just that they're rarely shown apart.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Just to throw that out here, Hoothoot does in fact have two feet. It's just that they're rarely shown apart.
Knew it from colosseum ;)

In terms of nosepass, its seeable but I'd only see that if I was trying to look for things wrong with the sprite! :P

holy crap, I never realized the Anorith/Armando thing until this thread. my world has been turned upside down

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This is the only pic I could find that kinda accurately explains it:

http://i.imgur.com/3KPku.jpg << Link cause image is massive. It's got a load of other shit on their too, most of which everyone knows.

Even with the aid of the outline I STILL CANT SEE IT!

When I first looked at the incarnate trio I thought their tails were... you know what, I'd rather expain it in a picture:

Maybe not the best representation but oh well.

Apparently this is what some of you people thought was Ho-oh's actual face.

All I can say is (and I'm going to say this in the nicest possible manner): Are you on crack?

If you thought this was a face, what did you think the beak was?

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
When I first looked at the incarnate trio I thought their tails were... you know what, I'd rather expain it in a picture:

Maybe not the best representation but oh well.
Speaking of which, I must not be the only one that thougth that their Incarnate forms were lamp genies. Compare these two photos:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Apparently this is what some of you people thought was Ho-oh's actual face.

All I can say is (and I'm going to say this in the nicest possible manner): Are you on crack?

If you thought this was a face, what did you think the beak was?
I STILL CANT SEE IT D: What is wrong with me?!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Better? Don't think of its head crest as a head crest, it's more like a "nose crest".

And yes, you'd have to be severely sight impaired to ignore its eyes, so I edited them out to help the illusion.

Better? Don't think of its head crest as a head crest, it's more like a "nose crest".

And yes, you'd have to be severely sight impaired to ignore its eyes, so I edited them out to help the illusion.
Oh, wow. I thought that the beak was supposed to have just ended at its face, not including its beak, when they were talking about it, so I was all 'lol where is the face'
I can see how they'd make the mistake, though - not so obvious with that guide in mind.

When I was younger, i was always obsessed with dinosaurs and paleontology. So I always believed that Yanma was a Bug/Rock fossil pokemon based off of Meganeura, a giant dragonfly that lived during the Carboniferous. It didn't help that i was never able to play Gen 2, until HG/SS. In Gen 3, it was near impossible to obtain a Yanma, so I never got that it was Bug/Flying. Yanmega in DPPt just reinforced the idea, tell me theres nothing prehistoric looking about Yanmega. I didn't realize its true type until HG/SS, after which I felt quite silly. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)