Pokémon GO

I recall it can still use Frost Breath? / Ice Beam, can't it? That should still be good enough if I can find that. Same with Dugong, Blizzard no longer available (glad I keep my legacy one, still best anti-'gon trainer and slayer).
yeah but still, I liked Ice Shard a lot

Also, you were right about that bubblestrat thing. I just tried it out with six Pokémon of 13 CP or lower in my team, and it worked :)

Has anyone else noticed that they made Gyarodos more... yellow? No idea why they did that, really. It was good like it was before.

breh

強いだね
Has anyone else noticed that they made Gyarodos more... yellow? No idea why they did that, really. It was good like it was before.
yup, they recolored it; it looks more like megados now as compared to the original model, almost

breh

強いだね
finally got a lapras, feels good :)

now only need dragonair, dnite, and porygon (e: didn't spawn at all during vday, just buttloads of chansey, slowpoke, and exeggcute) for all gen 1 mons.

Last edited:
Now I'm in serious problem with Pokemon Box. I have hit maximum point few times and had to clear out many things and will have to do some IV scanning again (ugh....).

I should retire few things, but it feels harder when they're legacy.
I see I rarely use these mushroom army now since Lanturn proved to be better. Bug Bite is a legacy move, but these walking trees are now rare sight and I can use Lanturn against Vaporeon anyway....
I can't even bother keeping some of Gen2 mon for a living dex and still wonders if I should just release this outstanding Marill.

Now I'm in serious problem with Pokemon Box. I have hit maximum point few times and had to clear out many things and will have to do some IV scanning again (ugh....).

I should retire few things, but it feels harder when they're legacy.
I see I rarely use these mushroom army now since Lanturn proved to be better. Bug Bite is a legacy move, but these walking trees are now rare sight and I can use Lanturn against Vaporeon anyway....
I can't even bother keeping some of Gen2 mon for a living dex and still wonders if I should just release this outstanding Marill.
I completely feel you. I've had the exact same problem. Like you I also wanted to keep an entire living dex. My storage used to look like this:

Bulbasaur Bulbasaur Bulbasaur
Ivysaur Ivysaur Ivysaur
Venusaur Venusaur Venusaur
Charmander Charmander Charmander

Etc.

I had three of everything because otherwise the visual 'lines' of species of my living dex would get messed up @ Rattata and further on. That why I don't just have one of every Pokemon. I also had it in case trading would come out, so I would have some spare Pokémon. But this proved to be too much. I didn't even have enough storage while I had 800 spots, and I didn't even have Johto complete. My dex now looks like this:

Venusaur Venusaur Venusaur
Charizard Charizard Charizard
Blastoise Blastoise Blastoise
Butterfree Butterfree Butterfree

Etc.

This way I can still keep the 'lines' I talked about earlier, without getting my whole storage filled up with trash. I realized that, even though it's nice to have a lot of diversity, you can't keep all your stuff. I mean, why the heck would you keep some Squirtle or Wartortle. I know for a fact that they're never going to have a use in this game anyway, other that being collectible. I threw away everything with either a bad moveset or bad IVs. If I had (for instance) three Starmie, and I had a Staryu left with good IVs, I released one Starmie and just fully evolved that Staryu. When I have certain Pokemon that I have more than three of (good gym attackers/defenders for example), I just keep six or nine. That way the 'lines' still stay visually nice. I know it hurts, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I also did it because my storage even got trouble loading all those 800 Pokemon. Now I'm even safe to hoard some Pidgey for some mass evolve sessions :)

mine has been full for ages, my problem are eggs filling up spaces, yet when I get back I have 3-4 spaces, then suddenly. full again as more eggs get gathered.
the bigger issue for me is checking ALL these Pidgeots, ALL these Raticates.. what to do with multiple hatted pikachus... already purged 80-82% IV's of common stuff.
the Valentines event didn't make Chansey stupidly common here, lucky to get 1 decent Blissey out of it, Not seen Lapras for months here either, but they contribute nothing to gyms except attacking anyway, or interfering with prestiging.

If it helps, ensure you keep some Pokémon that are good for Attacking Gyms, even though their max CP might not suggest it.

For example, Alakazam is the best Gym attacker, and Lapras is still the best Dragonite counter. Also, keep in mind, during the halloween event Gengar's line was easy to catch, and then during November the CP shift happened and boosted Gengar's max CP from 2,100-2,700 CP, and now they are making Lapras more common (and Gyarados' line). Keep in mind, they may change CP again soon, after all when they made the Valentine's Day event, Chansey became more common, and a few days later Gen 2 happened, which justified Chansey because Blissey became so good.

It may be too soon to say, but sometimes when rare Pokémon have a surge it signals an upcoming CP change, after all Lapras, Gengar, and Chansey/Blissey (Nurse Joy), are all rare and fan favorites.
Just to clarify, I still have all species. I just only have their final evolved forms (x3 of course, to make the lines look nice).

I'll post some screenshots later tonight.

This is curse of the six-tailed bitch. Really, this is curse....

My first and third (last, just now) Laplace is all Water moves. The second has Frost Breath?/Blizzard, but sits on low IV and 1566 CP, can't upgrade. In the end, I only got one extra dragonslayer. Sighs....

And then two Dugong got Iron Tail. None of my new Lanturn got double Electric moves.
I'm too afraid to pull the trigger for a Gyarados now. I'm cursed, Random Number Arceus has forsaken me....

I suppose being able to open that entry spot for this legendary 'mon is good enough already, let alone three of them, huh? Oh well....
At least my only best Dugong got a teammate to break dragons and Ice dragonslayers isn't as important as before with inclusion of Gen2....

went to my local totodile nest and found a Skiploom and 2 shuckle O.o and most of the totodile were the other water event stuff :(

Eh, OK then... it is just that I... am not used to learning too much names anymore with all the campus stresses. I'll be better then, now that I'm told off. Should insist against autocorrect too, I suppose.

But yeah, how's everyone's hunt? I got enough candies to get two Gyarados, but is yet to find suitable thing to evolve. And my Fisherman score went up by 21 apparently, almost half of how it was. I suppose I had been a lazy bum in walking these days with how rare I am to pass through water canals.

found a Poliwrath and Starmie today, getting rater fed up of gym game now, every time, same BS, someone removes them at some hour they shouldn't, there isn't even 10 gyms to hold here without walking around for 3-4 hours.

breh

強いだね
tbh I've never really bothered to hold more than, like, 3 gyms at a time max (usually just one or two, really) since more just isn't really feasible and my phone battery / patience to do what is essentially button mashing are both limited. I just casually buy egg incubators for 10ks and let the rest sit in the infinite. If it's late enough I just put dex mons (aero, grimer, hitmons, other hard to see stuff) in the gym and hope somebody gets value out of that.

I'm kind of sad I didn't abuse the opportunity to get more totodile during this event (and also sad that I ran out of pinap berries...) but I got octillery + kingdra + <one off water mons> during the event so I'm not that salty.

That's very organized. Good to see you maximize your efficiency, do you invest all of your stardust into your best, or do you invest spread over a number of favorites?
It depends. A lot of Pokemon aren't useful (in the current meta) anyway, like Ninetales, Persian, you name them. So with those, I don't care about IVs, and I don't even power them up either. I only spend dust on the actual good and useful Pokemon, like Gyarados, Dragonite, T-Tar (haven't got one yet) Snorlax, Blissey, etc.

I had a 100% Karp earlier, but its level was so **** low. So I evolved it to a Gyarados, and it had a really good moveset. I decided to inveset in the Gyarados, but it took up like 150+ K stardust... So I'm trying to use dust carefully now. You just burn through it too fast.

found a Poliwrath and Starmie today, getting rater fed up of gym game now, every time, same BS, someone removes them at some hour they shouldn't, there isn't even 10 gyms to hold here without walking around for 3-4 hours.
tbh I've never really bothered to hold more than, like, 3 gyms at a time max (usually just one or two, really) since more just isn't really feasible and my phone battery / patience to do what is essentially button mashing are both limited. I just casually buy egg incubators for 10ks and let the rest sit in the infinite. If it's late enough I just put dex mons (aero, grimer, hitmons, other hard to see stuff) in the gym and hope somebody gets value out of that.

I'm kind of sad I didn't abuse the opportunity to get more totodile during this event (and also sad that I ran out of pinap berries...) but I got octillery + kingdra + <one off water mons> during the event so I'm not that salty.
I usually also didn't have more than ~5 Pokemon in gyms. Until I found a group of people in and around my town, who would take down gyms in the night and use bubblestrat on them. They always build it up to level 10, but they only put 9 Pokemon in. A few times I got lucky enough to fill those empty spots. Now, for a week or two, I've been in 9+ gyms without having to do much work.

But I understand your hassle too. After some time training up gyms becomes very tedious. Especially when you train it up to a higher level and someone else claims the spot before you can...

Last edited:
Actually, I wonder about one thing. Is egg outcome also affected by the event? I think I have hatched the water commons more during events.

I hope so, since I have three 10km eggs, one incubated now. Hoping at least one will give me a dual-Ice Lappie....

Actually, I wonder about one thing. Is egg outcome also affected by the event? I think I have hatched the water commons more during events.

I hope so, since I have three 10km eggs, one incubated now. Hoping at least one will give me a dual-Ice Lappie....
I hope so too. I would also love some Dragonite killers from my 10km eggs.

On another note... Not sure if it's me, but I'm still getting softbanned sometimes when I travel by train. Earlier this week, when I turned on the game in another city I notice I got softbanned, and I had to tediously spin a PokeStop for 40 times to get unbanned. In total I've been softbanned about 3-4 times. Today I even got softbanned doing nothing but sitting at my desk. WTF Niantic?

Anyone else (still) having this? And what are the consequences of being softbanned so often? Are there even any? Don't want to bring my account in danger here....

I don't think it is a softban, sightings etc just randomly vanish for no reason.
oh and my eggs this event, hardly any water pokemon. 2 10KM eggs have been Pinco and Skarmory (cheers for that..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)