Pokémon GO

breh

強いだね
dont fuckle with shuckle..

another reason spoofing is prominant.. level 24 spoofer beating a 2500 odd dragonite and 3017 cp snorlax solo.. (ZH/BS) spare me the BS...
This is pretty easy with <ice pokemon> + a couple of vaporeons or mchamp or something

I have a Blissey that has been in a gym ever since I was level 28. I'm now level 33, and you know, I kinda want to power it up. But I have a feeling that gym is never going to be taken down...

What can I do?

Last edited:

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a Blissey that has been in a gym ever since I was level 28. I'm now level 33, and you know, I kinda want to power it up. But I have a feeling that gym is never going to be taken down...

What can I do?
Nothing. Though tbh, if you haven't seen it in that long its doing its job. You are probably better off saving the candy to evolve another chansey into a blissey.

Nothing. Though tbh, if you haven't seen it in that long its doing its job. You are probably better off saving the candy to evolve another chansey into a blissey.
I keep getting bad luck with the IVs... And the Blissey that's in the gym has really good IVs, that's why I want to invest in it.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
dont fuckle with shuckle..

another reason spoofing is prominant.. level 24 spoofer beating a 2500 odd dragonite and 3017 cp snorlax solo.. (ZH/BS) spare me the BS...
I'm currently level 23. My highest CP mons are a 1500s Flareon and a 1000s Rhydon, and I took down a gym with 2 ~2600 Snorlax and a 2850+ Vaporeon. It's really not difficult to take down smallish gyms if you have the Revives/Potions to spare.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I keep getting bad luck with the IVs... And the Blissey that's in the gym has really good IVs, that's why I want to invest in it.
So? Is there any rush in investing in it when it's doing what it's supposed to do?

If you really want it back you can ask a friend to tear the gym down.

I'm currently level 23. My highest CP mons are a 1500s Flareon and a 1000s Rhydon, and I took down a gym with 2 ~2600 Snorlax and a 2850+ Vaporeon. It's really not difficult to take down smallish gyms if you have the Revives/Potions to spare.
You're correct. I can beat gyms with my prestiger army provided I dodge everything (easy to do at this point). Taking gyms is super easy and just because a level 24 can beat that, it doesn't mean they are a spoofer. I'm not sure how a spoofer has an inherent advantage in that situation actually.

I guess you're right.

On another note, there's this glitch that prevents trainers from powering up Pokemon to their maximum level. This occurs around level 38, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can anyone clarify about this?

This is pretty easy with <ice pokemon> + a couple of vaporeons or mchamp or something
it SHOULDN'T be that easy that is the point
So? Is there any rush in investing in it when it's doing what it's supposed to do?

If you really want it back you can ask a friend to tear the gym down.

You're correct. I can beat gyms with my prestiger army provided I dodge everything (easy to do at this point). Taking gyms is super easy and just because a level 24 can beat that, it doesn't mean they are a spoofer. I'm not sure how a spoofer has an inherent advantage in that situation actually.
they are a Spoofer because I caught them spoofing at multiple gyms yesterday, I just find it beyond a joke that a bloody level 23/24 spoofer can ruin the game so easy. I took a gym down, then another 5 minutes away, they had taken both down in the 5 minutes between me leaving the 2nd gym and back to the first gym.. where there was no body at all at the time.

they have an advantage because they can just beat the gym before anyone can build it up to stop them.

and now the other potential spoofer (rediculous mons early into gen 2) has taken down 2 gyms in a dark country park in the pouring rain, it was hard enough getting those in the day, and they multi account.

I guess you're right.

On another note, there's this glitch that prevents trainers from powering up Pokemon to their maximum level. This occurs around level 38, but I'm not entirely sure.

I think I bumped into this today. Kept getting a message saying I needed to be higher level to power my 2000+ mons. The sad part is I only just reached lvl 25 and have a lot of XP creep ahead of me.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I guess you're right.

Yeah. The power up button simply disappears when you reach Pokemon level 39. Here's an example from my inventory:

Recall that you can power up a Pokemon in this fashion:

Trainer Level + 1.5

So if you're level 30, you can power up a Pokemon to level 31.5

Strangely, when you reach level 38, you only get one extra power up, so instead of being able to reach 39.5 with a Pokemon, you can only max it out to 39 and that is that. Triple tap glitch of the past / dual phone glitch of current are ways to bypass it but those are exploits. I assume Niantic will fix / free this restriction at one point, as coding permits us to level up past 39.

I think I bumped into this today. Kept getting a message saying I needed to be higher level to power my 2000+ mons. The sad part is I only just reached lvl 25 and have a lot of XP creep ahead of me.
This isn't a glitch. You are limited to powering up a Pokemon only 1.5 levels higher than your current trainer level (in your case, Pokemon level 26.5).

I see. So at the moment it would actually be pointless to go beyond level 38, am I right? Let me see if I'm understanding you here.

You say that you can power up a Pokemon in the following fashion: Trainer Level + 1.5

That means that, when you're level 37, your maxed out Pokemon are 38.5 (37 + 1.5), right?

You also say that, at level 38, you only get one power up. So that essentially makes your Pokemon level 38.5 + 0.5 = 39.

Is my way of thinking correct here?

I see. So at the moment it would actually be pointless to go beyond level 38, am I right? Let me see if I'm understanding you here.

You say that you can power up a Pokemon in the following fashion: Trainer Level + 1.5

That means that, when you're level 37, your maxed out Pokemon are 38.5 (37 + 1.5), right?

You also say that, at level 38, you only get one power up. So that essentially makes your Pokemon level 38.5 + 0.5 = 39.

Is my way of thinking correct here?
Correct. Functionally, yes. Once you're Level 38, EXP matters no more. Lv 40 is just bragging rights. Why they oddly restrict the power up I can never understand.

Thanks for the accurate explanation. I was always worried that I would never become level 40... But since level 38 is virtually the max I don't really have to worry anymore, haha.

oh, also, found out that one of the machop I have is 15/15/14. readily awaiting heavy slam / bullet punch machamp after 30 more candy :)
Oh... you'll actually want one with double fighting. He breaks Blissey so quickly compared to many other things and of course wrecks that stone monster hard. I have few outstanding little ones I'll evolve and hope be of some use to break them.

Steel attack is... it doesn't have very good coverage targets. Maybe later when stronger Fairies like Gardevoir? or Sylveon comes (but then again you don't want to use fighting mon against them). Or ice, but STAB Fighting is better....

Oh... you'll actually want one with double fighting. He breaks Blissey so quickly compared to many other things and of course wrecks that stone monster hard. I have few outstanding little ones I'll evolve and hope be of some use to break them.

Steel attack is... it doesn't have very good coverage targets. Maybe later when stronger Fairies like Gardevoir? or Sylveon comes (but then again you don't want to use fighting mon against them). Or ice, but STAB Fighting is better....
It was sarcasm (I think).

If not, then damn, you're the first person I see wanting a Machamp with Steel-type moves breh

yea that is sarcasm... speaking of steel types, after my mass evolve, gave my new steelix a run out, pretty nice prestiger.

breh

強いだね
I thought the smiley made it clear but yeah sarcasm lol

hatched my second dratini ever, temptation to evolve it to fill the dragonair dex slot is high but I'll hatch all my 10k eggs and make that decision then since it's worth caring when it comes to dragonite's absurd cp

Meh, the emote doesn't look condescending enough, but yah... I'm tired lately due to campus hell....

... ah well, tested some things. Conf/IB Slowbro is such a boss, beating 2 Steel Wing dragons and decimating another one before having to switch. One confusion before dodging is simple gameplay yet effective. Cons is that it is good only when it is known that the dragons have Steel Wing resisted by Water (unlike Lappies or other Water/Ice who take neutral damage; they're better generalist, but not when enemy dragons' moveset is known).

I tried some Bubblestrat grinding last night with a couple of friends. It worked out pretty well. We got ourselves around 300K XP in two hours. By far not as efficient as it can be done, but still a sweet amount. And at least I got the gym trainer badge now :)

I tried some Bubblestrat grinding last night with a couple of friends. It worked out pretty well. We got ourselves around 300K XP in two hours. By far not as efficient as it can be done, but still a sweet amount. And at least I got the gym trainer badge now :)
Hmm, time-wise it is not as efficient as evolution fodder grinding... but... using a Lucky egg, this can be better than using Lucky egg evolve fodders when not in event? Sounds good.

Ah well, my Pokemon box is full. I had been collecting scraps to evolve later... I had used 4 eggs since the event started, and I'm near leveling up again. This is such a golden opportunity... yet I have limited time. Campus hell, when will you ever end....

Hmm, time-wise it is not as efficient as evolution fodder grinding... but... using a Lucky egg, this can be better than using Lucky egg evolve fodders when not in event? Sounds good.

Ah well, my Pokemon box is full. I had been collecting scraps to evolve later... I had used 4 eggs since the event started, and I'm near leveling up again. This is such a golden opportunity... yet I have limited time. Campus hell, when will you ever end....
Yeah it's definitely not as efficient as evolution fodder grinding. But mass evolving takes a lot of resources (candy), which aren't obtained as quickly. With one Lucky Egg you can evolve around 90 Pokemon, and getting enough candy for that takes ages. You can't brainlessly farm those candies either because you actually need to look at your screen, use a berry and eventually throw a curveball when the attack animation doesn't play. On the other side, as for the Bubblestrat; you only have to select your Pokemon in the selection screen and you can brainlessly do the rest even with your eyes closed. You don't need any resources for it.

So yeah. One Lucky Egg (30 minutes) with mass evolving = ~200K XP per 30 minutes. One Lucky Egg (30 minutes) with Bubblestrat grinding (if done well with the right Kadabra and Gsatly) = ~100K XP per 30 minutes.

Very good if you think about the fact you need zero resources for the Bubblestrat.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
That doesn't change anything. Most spoofing apps are installed through 3rd party means.

They have 2 very simple solutions that can erase the majority of spoofing but they fail to do so:

1) Elimination of the softban bypass (40 stops or 40 balls dropped to the ground)
2) Checking for Pokemon location when catching the Pokemon

The only thing that would be left would be local spoofing. Sniping dies due to this and getting gyms across the globe requires obscene amounts of wait time if you want to slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)