Pokémon GO

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
http://venturebeat.com/2016/07/14/analytics-firms-take-us-inside-the-pokemon-go-phenomenon/

Taykey said that an even more powerful indicator of the breakthrough nature of Pokémon Go is the success of the app in appealing to new audiences. Between June and July, Taykey saw a “massive shift in the demographic profile of people talking about the Pokémon franchise.”

Prior to the launch of the app, people talking about the brand online were consistently male (80 percent) and teenagers (40 percent). Since the explosion this month, the online audience has changed dramatically. Fans are now split evenly with regard to gender, and 25-34 year-olds have emerged as the predominant age group.

Anybody found a solution to the "all mons are three steps away" glitch? Me and the Mrs went hunting for an hour and a half last night for a Gengar. We kept managing to move it around the list and got it to the top left but then it never went under 3 steps. We found a Nidoran(F) which was new to us but we ran into that when it was still listed as 3 steps. Then I read about the glitch where the steps don't decrease and its bumming me out cause I wanted to go hunting again today. Have the Go team acknowledged this yet or started working on repairing it? Other than this issue I've been having a blast.

According to Serebii, there are reports of Pokémon exclusive to certain regions. (this is all speculation atm)
tl;dr:
NA gets Tauros
Europe gets Mr. Mime
Australia gets Kangaskhan
And Asia gets... Farfetch'd.
Actually, this would make sense. After all, they're gonna implement trading into the games soon, so certain pokemon being exclusive to certain regions would inspire people to trade with others around the world. If it's true, that is.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is the rarity of a Pokemon tied to your trainer level? I know CP is, but the rarity of a Pokemon seems to be too.

Also does anybody know the kind of terrain where I can catch a Geodude? I figured like mountains but the population density is so low there that it's hard to catch anything.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone else having very bad issues trying to log in this morning? I was successful around 7 a.m. eastern but then starting at about 8 and up until now I have been universally unable to login. I wonder if they have some servers down for maintenance or just crashed or if it's just me. It's strange because I had essentially no login issues this entire week and even this morning got in with no problem. Going two straight hours without being able to login is out of the ordinary

Edit: was just able to log in, but it was very laggy. I wonder if they just released the game in India or China or something

Last edited:
Anyone else having very bad issues trying to log in this morning? I was successful around 7 a.m. eastern but then starting at about 8 and up until now I have been universally unable to login. I wonder if they have some servers down for maintenance or just crashed or if it's just me. It's strange because I had essentially no login issues this entire week and even this morning got in with no problem. Going two straight hours without being able to login is out of the ordinary
I have the exact same problem. My app has been stuck on the loading screen for at least an hour now, which is weird because I haven't had any problems until now. I have seen other people complain about it online though, so I guess the servers are acting up. Again.

It was released in most of Europe only a couple of hours ago. Give it time, that's a significant influx people trying to play at the same time.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was released in most of Europe only a couple of hours ago. Give it time, that's a significant influx people trying to play at the same time.
Thank you, I'm quite sure that's the reason. I figured there was a big release somewhere!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
China is not going to get Pokemon GO. That's because Google Maps is banned in China.
Taiwan isn't getting Pokemon GO neither, because of laws regarding to privacy.

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, and Switzerland + UK, Spain, Germany, Italia, Portugal ...

Where is FRANCE ? :( :( :(

I think it's more likely that France is SO important that they want to do their release separately. Like the UK's, only... late. Or maybe they just want to pad the time since the attack in Nice.

I just got it today but at the worst possible time with all the server crashes :(

Also, I crash every time I catch a Magikarp, and there are absolutely ZERO pokestops or gyms where I live :'(.

I'm really finding it hard to like this game with all the server problems and I really hope it gets fixed.

Last edited:
I just got it today but at the worst possible time with all the server crashes :(

Also, I crash every time I catch a Magikarp, and there are absolutely ZERO pokestops or gyms where I live :'(.

I'm really finding it hard to like this game with all the server problems and I really hope it gets fixed.
Niantic says they're working on the bugs. Also, here's a way for you to request that certain places be pokestops or gyms, so you can try to establish one near where you live.
https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=319928

Edit: I tried going to the sign up with google thing. Is there any way you can just sign in instead of sign up? And it came up with this server issue where it was 'humbled by my response' 'we are working t resolve the issue. please try again soon!'

Edit:Problem fixed! There's an app which allows you to see what pokemon people have caught in the area. My cousin has it and I tried using it, It didn't work.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Idk if it has been posted yet, but people have found some of the games code which contains a lot of information, the reddit thread can be found here.

It shows that all legendaries are in the game, and gives a lot of info about every pokemon, and there has been people have made lists of the best pokemon and the best moves.

There is so much information which can be seen by just searching through the reddit comments.

Idk if it has been posted yet, but people have found some of the games code which contains a lot of information, the reddit thread can be found here.

It shows that all legendaries are in the game, and gives a lot of info about every pokemon, and there has been people have made lists of the best pokemon and the best moves.

There is so much information which can be seen by just searching through the reddit comments.
I thought that the only stats in this game which are relevant were the CP points?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I thought that the only stats in this game which are relevant were the CP points?
To the casual user yes, but we can see by the detailed stats that people have been data mining and finding this info amongst the code of the game. Once you have the numbers it's easy to figure out which combos are most efficient and useful with a simple algorithm

A bit like how you don't really know IVs and EVs unless you dig a little further in the main game?
I wonder if there's ever gonna be an update that makes these stats a little bit more noticeable, like how it became easier to determine your pokemon's ivs as the years went by. I do also remember hearing news about the possibility of natures being put into the game, so who knows. Maybe the battle system will become a bit more fleshed out as time goes on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)