Pokémon GO

ay i evolved my first dragonite and it has dbreath/dclaw and i have 60 candies left :toast:

did not realize how strong this dude is at smacking gyms. i also forgot how strong dragonite is against fwg cores in Real Singles 6v6 Pokemon Battles which probably explains why he is good at attacking gyms

also I have 113 snorlax candies after powering up my best one

Asking on behalf of a friend, how do you retrieve your Pokemon Go account if you change phones? He said he doesn't remember if he logged in using his email or through the Pokemon Trainer club so he is fearful of losing all progress.

Asking on behalf of a friend, how do you retrieve your Pokemon Go account if you change phones? He said he doesn't remember if he logged in using his email or through the Pokemon Trainer club so he is fearful of losing all progress.
Tell him to google "process of elimination" and to figure it out from there :D

Is it pure coincidence that once I've hatched a (for example) Diglett that I all of a sudden start seeing wild Digletts?

It's happened when I've hatched Vulpix, Eevee, Squirtle and Scyther now that I've seen them in the wild where they never appeared before.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
It's pure coincidence. Egg hatches aren't tied to what you encounter.

I am still not convinced about eggs but this happened.
I went to a coastal town, where a few sandshrew happen to spawn.
I hatched 2 of them, and a Poliwag, which is nice of course, but the majority of the things I saw in that egg were Magnamite and Voltorb, which is great, as I now have Electrode and Magneton.
as for these fusion spawns, are these not just an odd effect caused by cluster spawns, Which seem to have been more frequent, I went past one spawnpoint and 1 sandshrew 1 geodude 1 machop and 2 drowzee spawned. (MACHOPS!!! \O/)
incidentally I was looking at this site as to why I was seeing such a diverse range.
https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-go/catching-locations/
I wish I had looked BEFORE i went away, as a Dragonite spawned.... I was near a famous abbey... which was probably where the thing was :(

just grab it off of apkmirror if you cant wait (at your own risk, but apkmirror has a good track record... can check /r/thesilphroad for some references if you need more than just my word). the new patch is always up there when niantic first pushes it, before they decide to roll it out globally.

i grabbed it yesterday and have a pikachu buddy :)

Is it just me or is it getting nigh impossible to catch Pokemon now? I've had Pidgey (2), Paras(3), Bellsprout and Gastly all escape from me after a single throw of ball even after a Razz Berry. And they're curve balls with Great labelled too.

So I finally got the appraisal update lol. Tried to get it earlier, but my phone wouldn't let me because I used up too much storage space. It eventually just updated on its own though.

I noticed that a decent amount of the pokemon I caught on my college campus are actually pretty good. Speaking of my college, there's a bunch of Eevee's, which is cool since I always have trouble finding them anywhere else. I also caught some pokemon for the first time there, like a Vulpix, a Venomoth, and a Scyther.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The buddy update just rolled out here.

Now the appraisal screen is coloured in your team's colour, which is nice. The buddied Pokémon appears in a small portrait circle next to your own, with a counter around it. No idea how far you have to walk to earn a candy, but I guess it could be 1 km, certainly not less than that. Not the fastest way to get a Gyarados, in other words.

I don't know if the annoying Attack IV bug is fixed yet, but I caught a Pidgey whose highest stat was Attack, which is a bit of a rarity. The stat was lower than 50 %, though, so it could just be a "lucky" shot that its HP and Defense were even lower.

The buddy update just rolled out here.

Now the appraisal screen is coloured in your team's colour, which is nice. The buddied Pokémon appears in a small portrait circle next to your own, with a counter around it. No idea how far you have to walk to earn a candy, but I guess it could be 1 km, certainly not less than that. Not the fastest way to get a Gyarados, in other words.

I don't know if the annoying Attack IV bug is fixed yet, but I caught a Pidgey whose highest stat was Attack, which is a bit of a rarity. The stat was lower than 50 %, though, so it could just be a "lucky" shot that its HP and Defense were even lower.
It depends on the pokemon so pidgey is 1km and lapras is 5km per candy everything else is inbetween (i can tell u also that cubone = 3km per candy) ..pre evos have less distance walked than evolved forms

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
pre evos have less distance walked than evolved forms
Well, that's plain dumb. I mean, you need to hoard tons of pre-evos to even get an evolved Pokémon in 90 % of the cases, so everybody will have a pre-evo to spare when farming candies for their top teammate. Placing an evolved Pokémon as your buddy will therefore be a really bad strategy with no apparent benefit, and with a readily available, superior option in all but some fringe cases.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
It depends on the pokemon so pidgey is 1km and lapras is 5km per candy everything else is inbetween (i can tell u also that cubone = 3km per candy) ..pre evos have less distance walked than evolved forms
This in its entirety is dumb as hell. Why would I bother with this when the rewards are so low? Eggs are much more efficient/faster ways of getting lots of candies for many different things. I guess it helps in the long run with a drip feed of candy's for stronger things, but eggs are still way better for Candys per mile. The only advantage is you know what candy you would be getting :/

Also there is no update yet in the UK :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)