Pokémon GO

I just had to clear one of the mystic people who sit in towers at level 35, trying to ruin the local game with a 3003 Blissey.... the aforementioned eggy destroyed it in 57 seconds, takes a bit longer against hyperbeam but only 4-5 seconds.

I wouldn't worry too much about Blissey. Right now it's a pain but it's getting nerfed, dang near guaranteed to be, truthfully.

My guess is after the Blissey nerf we'll see a surge of Snorlax trying to take its place or maybe a boost to Forretress will make it viable if only just for defense. I do see in a lter release Slaking being a huge double threat, unless Niantic's team completely botches it or nerfs it before release. Maybe a Shuckle boost? Fingers crossed that the gym overhaul/update is significant. Until then, Blisseys are my go-to.

I don't I get more annoyed at the greedy players on mystic trying to ruin my towns little red bubble, while they sit in huge towers ruining places.

I wouldn't worry too much about Blissey. Right now it's a pain but it's getting nerfed, dang near guaranteed to be, truthfully.

My guess is after the Blissey nerf we'll see a surge of Snorlax trying to take its place or maybe a boost to Forretress will make it viable if only just for defense. I do see in a lter release Slaking being a huge double threat, unless Niantic's team completely botches it or nerfs it before release. Maybe a Shuckle boost? Fingers crossed that the gym overhaul/update is significant. Until then, Blisseys are my go-to.
Shuckle boost would be super awesome. It has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, but too bad it doesn't really shine...

I hope the updates are coming very soon. The current gym system in combination with this current meta is tedious as hell.

breh

強いだね
Is it too early to start wondering how Niantic will handle Dusk/Dawn Stone evos?
dusk / dawn stones when gen 4 comes out

I... don't see the problem

also the simplest way they could fix blissey is simply make base defense the average of SpD / Def instead of a 7/8 weighting to the higher. kind of like how it used to be, but only for defense and not attack.

My last five 10km eggs were all Pineco.. Man that sucks so hard. I'm still hoping for a 100% Chansey from one of the eggs. Would be the perfect Easter present.

My last 2 were Gligars, gets frustrating, at least 1 was a Larvitar this week but I only got 22 candy from that :( so can't actually do anything with it, and I am already walking a Chansey...

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
You always got 6 (or 10 for 2nd stage evos and 20 for 3rd stage full evos) since day 1. The counter was just bugged and displayed (candy - 1). A recent update fixed that so people didn't get confused.

I managed to get 81/100 (well 90 because they are events / regionals / legendaries) Pokemon in 3 weeks after Gen 2 Launch, and since this day, nothing ... because I'm waiting for eggs only ...

Still missing Pupitar, Tyranitar, Togetic, Forrestress, Kapoera, Meganium, Miltank, Pharamp and probably another one I forget ... Not in my biome !

I managed to get 81/100 (well 90 because they are events / regionals / legendaries) Pokemon in 3 weeks after Gen 2 Launch, and since this day, nothing ... because I'm waiting for eggs only ...

Still missing Pupitar, Tyranitar, Togetic, Forrestress, Kapoera, Meganium, Miltank, Pharamp and probably another one I forget ... Not in my biome !
Do you already have an Unown? I've never seen one of those, and they can't come from eggs either... I might never even see one...

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Looking at your list raised some eyes haha. Either way, I'm in the same boat. Got my gold medal week 1 of Gen 2 and now I'm missing Piloswine, Miltank, and Shuckle to finish the dex a few months later lol.

seen one in a gym.. probably spoofed, given the state of the other pokemon in the gyms.
What state? The community has a bad tendency of assuming that anything that they don't own = is spoofed. I had 3 100% Dragonite pre dex bug fix and anyone that doesn't know me / wasn't in the group when we caught them would assume I spoofed for them. Having Unown is not a matter of having spoofed but could just be a matter of circumstance or using a scanner even.

I'm not saying the chance isn't there but be a bit more mindful about players in your areas. This is the reason why the reports system is flawed: too many false flags.

breh

強いだね
missing Piloswine, Miltank, and Shuckle
I'm surprised the mons you're missing are so.. common. I have all 3 (and even just caught the piloswine straight). You got ampharos and tyranitar but not these? Shuckle especially since it nests.

Looking at your list raised some eyes haha. Either way, I'm in the same boat. Got my gold medal week 1 of Gen 2 and now I'm missing Piloswine, Miltank, and Shuckle to finish the dex a few months later lol.

What state? The community has a bad tendency of assuming that anything that they don't own = is spoofed. I had 3 100% Dragonite pre dex bug fix and anyone that doesn't know me / wasn't in the group when we caught them would assume I spoofed for them. Having Unown is not a matter of having spoofed but could just be a matter of circumstance or using a scanner even.

I'm not saying the chance isn't there but be a bit more mindful about players in your areas. This is the reason why the reports system is flawed: too many false flags.
Sorry, confusion about French and English names .... No Miltank here either :(

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I'm surprised the mons you're missing are so.. common. I have all 3 (and even just caught the piloswine straight). You got ampharos and tyranitar but not these? Shuckle especially since it nests.
I live in Florida where it's mostly the Grass / Water biomes. Swinub rarely spawn outside the beach, and I don't go there frequently to be able to farm them for Piloswine. All the Shuckle nests in the recent migrations are far from me, I'm sure I'll hatch one or get it through nest at some point. Miltank spawns like once a day at the beach and I'm not fortunate enough to be there when they spawn.

Meanwhile Tyranitar (and Dragonite) spawns around my Mt. Moon biome infrequently, and I got lucky with an Ampharos near my neighborhood a month ago.

I just find it surreal how different biomes can consider a Pokemon super common or super rare (like the case of Swinub). Really puts into perspective how "big" the Pokemon world is lol

Just a quick... sad news....

Was going out for late supper when a dragon appeared... and ran away on third throw.

Maximized catch chance with at least Great throw. 2800 CP... that's high level and would at least be above average IV.
Leaves more bad taste that my perfect streak on these dragons are broken, 10/11 caught....

Let me cry in the corner now....

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Damn that's rough. My second ever Dnite ran from me (a ??? for my level at the time) and I keep telling myself it was shit IV and I didn't miss anything lol. Still stings to this day despite having others run away as well. We can't win them all!

because it was in a big city, if there is going to be an unown.. more then 1 person would have it, and someone would have mentioned it.. too many false flags?since the update that broke spoofers all the gyms are competitive again.

Oh, btw, I got a little nifty trick for you guys.

Now some do see this as cheating but... and since it is a GLITCH in the game I don't see it being a bannable offense but if I ever do get banned I will let you know.
There's a way to upgrade pokemon beyond your level, currently, but if you're 40 it won't work. Say level 32 - 35. If you're that level, you're dedicated hardcore! But anyway, you can use a time-in trick that lets you log-in to your account (you have to time it 100% correct) into as many phones as you want. But the catch is you have to have 1 phone on wi-fi/data and ALL the others that connect on airplane mode.

This has been out since launch, btw, but I guess it's slowly starting to leak out so I minds as well share.

You can then proceed to upgrade your pokemon to its cap for your level. Now, with less than 3 seconds apart take your main phone and switch it to air plane mode as the next phone gets moved to data/wi-fi. Proceed to now upgrade your pokemon even further. With this trick and enough stardust you can get a 100% Blissey/Tyranitar/Dragonite/Snorlax/Lapras to a level 40 maxed CP if you have enough phones. What it does is each phone will let you go 1 level above what you just did.

You just have to remember to have all other phones on airplane mode and to switch them in quick enough. It takes practice, lot of near cussing (on my end), but eventually you'll get it. You can use 3 phones, 2 will work also but it's better (in mine and in other's experiences with 3.) Obviously, you'll want to be in a place where all the phones can connect to Wi-Fi and not a hotspot. So like starbucks or something like that. Unless you want to buy data plans/cards for all your phones..

Remember, no matter what side of the fence you're on spoofing and bots are something I'm super against, but Glitches/Exploits that give an edge... I am pretty chill with. And since this has been in since launch and even during beta, I am guessing it won't be fixed anytime soon. Just like the Gym to 58-60k trick. Okay, that's about all there is from me, for now.

Anyone got any good shinies? I've got a 100% Perfect Moveset/IV for Shiny Gyarados and a 90% crappy moveset for another Shiny Magikarp. I don't think I'll hunt for any more shinies, 1 of each evolution is the only thing I'm going for.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Yeah I've heard about that trick - seen ban reports based on the multi accounting so I wouldn't recommend it. Most of the hardcore players here just abused the triple tap glitch pre gen 2 patch to max their shit out to 40 (leading to level 40 high IV Blissey and etc.). Tyranitar wasn't a benefactor of the glitch and level 40 Dragonite are kinda pointless except to top other Dragonite bc of Ttar's higher CP cap.

47% Karp on Day 1 as a prestiger Gyarados, never seen one since. Trying to get my hands on a 91%+ that's shiny in order to max it out but we'll see. I also want to stockpile at least one of every shiny but storage is a must.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)