1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Pokémon Go (mobile game based off of Ingress)

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Karxrida, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Fluke

Fluke

The Aero is making me come back for this week, really. Only encountered one yet. I want a few more.
  2. phalanx

phalanx

I hatched one today, from an egg obtained yesterday, have a few now, hatched a couple during the easter event, which was fun.
  3. stage7_4

stage7_4

This is more a technical issue, but has anyone else had trouble connecting with the GPS lately?

Recently mine has refused to find a GPS signal no matter what. I've tried updating it and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail.

The weird thing is that other apps that use a GPS signal (like maps for instance) work fine. I've tried looking online and did some of the tips but nothing is working.
  4. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Harmonious
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

My best Golem is a maxed out Rock Throw / EQ 93%, it does the job but yeah Stone Edge would be neat. I have a Rock Throw / SE one with max Atk but it's level 10,,,

Given you can snipe, just hang around the sniping Discords and wait for one to pop up. Otherwise you're going to rely on the dreaded moveset RNG until you roll it.
  5. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Harmonious

Sniping as it was defined before is dead, yes, but Discords that specialize on sniping have found workarounds that I've seen friends use (primarily, waiting 2 hours between actions). The sniping community is "thriving" off this until Niantic patches it fully (which I can't wait for, it's cancer that ruins the game).

For what it is worth no spoofing / sniping app is down atm except tutu (VIP is up tomorrow, reg is done iirc) so most people can spoof just fine (yay).
  6. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Harmonious

It's not appropriate for this thread but PM me if you genuinely want that and I'll shoot you the details.
    OM! likes this.
  7. breh

breh 強いだね

It seems that larvitar now spawns due to the event. I have two on nearby atm so evidently fairly readily as well.

What effect will easily available tyranitar have on the gym meta? I feel like it'll be nice since this means both a solid attacker and a very high CP defender that sits at the top of gyms and discourages people from putting in the (relatively lower CP) blissey. Even relatively low-level ttar will still sit higher than even level 40 blissey. Personally, I feel like this'll be a good thing - ttar is taken down a lot easier with a wide variety of common attackers.
    Blitzamirin likes this.
  8. phalanx

phalanx

and today is the day the game decides it likes to crash, and forces me to restart the game after not playing it for an hour, meaning no login...
  9. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Harmonious

PTC is having issues (of course) atm which is locking out a ton of players lol.

Google master race!

EDIT: Of note is that Slugma has increased spawns for this event.
  10. KnightsofCydonia

KnightsofCydonia

If the event's already started, I need to troubleshoot why I'm not getting the update on time.
  11. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Harmonious

Yeah it started already. It's biome dependent (again).

Rumor mill has it that Larv spawns have been massively nerfed ala Dratini...
  12. phalanx

phalanx

yea and PTC still broken, probably server load due to the stupid time choice meaning entire US is logging in and western Europe... and Brazil...
  13. phalanx

phalanx

explain this... I think a spoofer is hitting gyms here, one went down in at about 6pm.. by 8pm there is a blue name I have never seen... it was grey for 2 hours.. in a park.. with 2 other gyms inside.. others have been left untouched..
  14. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Harmonious

Sniping has nothing to do with gyms. It's the way spoofers used to catch Pokemon unchecked before Niantic changed some things during the Grass event.

Spoofers (and the ability to spoof) have not stopped existing since August so yeah the possibility of seeing names you've never seen before is high and will likely stay that way for a while. Gyms being gray / blue / whatever is just a manner of how someone chooses to take a gym: they can either leave it blank, strat it to 10, or just make a weak level 3 one. It is not an indication of a spoofer as they also may choose to do w/e with the gyms.
  15. phalanx

phalanx

it is when they have been caught... the problem is the gyms keep going grey... then nothing happening, but this is happening, we cleared them out after random, instincts just swept through the place, now it is single gyms being picked off, on top of the usual spoofer
  16. phalanx

phalanx

well Ninatic screw me over again... bloody Ttar with Iron tail+Fire Blast
    http://imgur.com/a/cunLZ and there is my 3k Rhydon..
  17. breh

breh 強いだね

well, at least ttar has the highest CP in the game anyway :)
  18. phalanx

phalanx

yea but crap moveset... at least I got 2 larvitars in the wild today.
  19. Fluke

Fluke

Man, that's a sick Rhydon. I want one myself too...
  20. OM!

OM!

I haven't found any larvitars, I caught them before the event in local area, interesting... glad I got them earlier, at least the walking time is less and I can power up what I have! Super glad my Tyranitar is over 3400!
    https://m.imgur.com/a/W4Vwl with the perfect moveset. ;)
  21. phalanx

phalanx

22. OM!

OM!

That's great that you finally caught a couple.

What app do you use to view IVs?

What is the event goal? Just catch as many different rock-type Pokémon?

Ironically I just hatched a Larvitar egg today!
    https://m.imgur.com/a/QBTSW

I don't snipe for Pokémon anymore since the update, so all my catches are based on local areas. Legit!

My check is IV Calculator: you can take a screenshot and it calculates the rest for you.
    Here is a sample:
    http://imgur.com/a/LZWZq
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  23. phalanx

phalanx

Pokegenie for IV's... one of my goals was to get an 82%+ shuckle
  24. sin(pi)

sin(pi) lucky n bad

...why?
    I'm assuming this is just for personal collection because Shuckle is... really bad, lol.
  25. phalanx

phalanx

well prestiging, or for putting in gyms to take the piss.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)