Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

It's alot faster than Shoddy, but what about when everyone starts playing?

I know it says not to post connection problems, but lately I haven't been able to use Lab or Shoddy.

Update: Now that lab is no longer part of smogon, I get lag due to many people playing. And it's a bit too easy to create an account.

You need Java 6, and I'm not sure about the 32-bit computer.
I (like almost everyone else here) am running 32-bit, and the client is working fine. The general rule is that it always works on 32-bit, and sometimes on 64-bit.

To double check what you are go to Control Panel\System and Security\System in Windows 7.

I (like almost everyone else here) am running 32-bit, and the client is working fine. The general rule is that it always works on 32-bit, and sometimes on 64-bit.

To double check what you are go to Control Panel\System and Security\System in Windows 7.
This is on a Mac.

I get this error when trying to open pokemon lab. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.7600.16385

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options
</package | /i> <Product.msi>
Installs or configures a product
/a <Product.msi>
Administrative install - Installs a product on the network
/j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]
Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user
</uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>
Uninstalls the product
Display Options
/quiet
Quiet mode, no user interaction
/passive
Unattended mode - progress bar only
/q[n|b|r|f]
Sets user interface level
n - No UI
b - Basic UI
r - Reduced UI
f - Full UI (default)
/help
Help information
Restart Options
/norestart
Do not restart after the installation is complete
/promptrestart
Prompts the user for restart if necessary
/forcerestart
Always restart the computer after installation
Logging Options
/l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <LogFile>
i - Status messages
w - Nonfatal warnings
e - All error messages
a - Start up of actions
r - Action-specific records
u - User requests
c - Initial UI parameters
m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information
o - Out-of-disk-space messages
p - Terminal properties
v - Verbose output
x - Extra debugging information
+ - Append to existing log file
! - Flush each line to the log
* - Log all information, except for v and x options
/log <LogFile>
Equivalent of /l* <LogFile>
Update Options
/update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]
Applies update(s)
/uninstall <PatchCodeGuid>[;Update2.msp] /package <Product.msi | ProductCode>
Remove update(s) for a product
Repair Options
/f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Product.msi | ProductCode>
Repairs a product
p - only if file is missing
o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)
e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed
d - if file is missing or a different version is installed
c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value
a - forces all files to be reinstalled
u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)
m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)
s - all existing shortcuts (default)
v - runs from source and recaches local package
Setting Public Properties
[PROPERTY=PropertyValue]

Consult the Windows ® Installer SDK for additional documentation on the
command line syntax.

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.

please someoneh help me ever since release date I've been getting an error where it says I have an invalid password even though I know for a fact I'm typing it in correctly I have the latest version of java reinstalled it to make sure I reinstalled poke lab 3 times but still wont let me connect even when the server is up

Hey. I'm running a Mac with the latest Javascript available, and it's still not working. I launch it and it says:
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Pokemon Lab
Vendor: Catherine Fitzpatrick & Benjamin Gwin
Category: Unexpected Error

Unexpected exception: java.lang.Exception

Can anyone help? :/

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I get this error when trying to open pokemon lab. Does anyone know how to fix it?.
You're opening the file with some random program when you should actually be opening it with Java Web Start (javaws). How to set up that association is left as an exercise to you and will vary depending on your operating system.

The game wont let me play. It keeps saying user doesnt exist. How long does it take for an account to be updated to pokelab cuz i made an account just b4 i downloaded the beta T-T

Problem with Pokemon Lab

i download the link and open it. it asks if i want to open or save. When i open it, another window just pops up with the same message. If i press save, i save it and then try to open it, and the same message asking if i was to open or save comes up. I really want to try this out and am very disappointed that i can't get it to work.

please someoneh help me ever since release date I've been getting an error where it says I have an invalid password even though I know for a fact I'm typing it in correctly I have the latest version of java reinstalled it to make sure I reinstalled poke lab 3 times but still wont let me connect even when the server is up
Did you try making a new forum account and using that?

Can anyone provide a quick overview over how Mod/Admin/channel flags work for pokemon lab? Having some trouble figuring that out

Thanks

I was logged into PokemonLab but I got disconnected from the server, and when I tried to log back in it said I already was...any suggestions?
That has happened to me a few times. Right now the servers are down, so it won't work, but usually what I do is just cancel out of everything and log back in in a few minutes.

Cathy, please read this before deleting this. Ive done what you said (which is what I did in the very beginning). I clicked on the Smogon server ( which for some reason 0/250 people are always on) and then click connect. A window then comes up saying ''connect time out'' and wont let me into the server, never mind logon. Im certain I did the procedure correctly (who couldn't).
This problem has been occuring since the first day pokelab came out.
Please I really want to start playing this fantastic program.

Hello, its not a big problem but ill like to report it anyway

I can use pokemon lab (Its awesome, by the way =)), but once i have finished the battle it does no allow me to close the window, it just stays there. Its not a big problem because i can just go and start another battle and ignore the window of the previus one, but its kind of annoying when i have 20 battle windows =)

Thank you!

If it says "Connection Refused" that means the server is down.

Maybe now people won't miss it. Can we put that in the first post?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
i download the link and open it. it asks if i want to open or save. When i open it, another window just pops up with the same message. If i press save, i save it and then try to open it, and the same message asking if i was to open or save comes up. I really want to try this out and am very disappointed that i can't get it to work.
You need to open the file with Java Web Start (javaws).

I think this is pretty cool but i miss the "Find Game" and "Underused/Standard" button. Makes things somewhat easier instead of clicking on a random opponent and then selecting OU/UU, load team, etc. OR clicking on the tab to find the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)