1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by Cathy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Veedrock

Veedrock

If you have a legitimate case, post it here. You should read the how to first. The ban will be reviewed, so don't expect to BS your way through it.
  2. Genxim

Genxim

Hello.
    I really would say Plab is wonderful, but it doesn't work. So, please, help =D

Computer : Mac OSX 10.4.11
    (No Intel processor)
    Java Web Start : last available

Please help :)
  3. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Have you tried going to Java Preferences and deleting your cache? If you haven't, I would try doing that and then reinstalling.

Java Preferences -> Network -> Delete Files
  4. chuddlewinks

chuddlewinks

Will do. Thank you.
  5. Genxim

Genxim

Thank you Stellar, but it doesn't change anything.
  6. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sorry, PokeLab requires a version of Java that is only compatible with Mac OSX 10.5 or higher.
  7. bnulf12

bnulf12

So do I have to buy a new computer to play pokelab? My Mac is below
  8. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You just need to upgrade to 10.5, 10.6, or the upcoming 10.7 (should be announced next week). This may require you to have an Intel processor.
  9. outrageousdragondancer

outrageousdragondancer

So, once "CAM" gets going (if it ever does), can I use a Pokémon Lab server to support it?
    This looks so cool! Congrats to your hard work paying off!

[Not sure what "CAM" is (might be in the future)? Check the Suggestions and Appeals section and all will be enlightened.]
  10. ADHDguitar

ADHDguitar

Is there any news on when Gen V will be incorporated into Pokelab? I only ask because I saw a youtube video of what was clearly Shoddy and featured Gen V Pokemon.
  11. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Just to clarify.

10.5 doesn't require an Intel processor.
    10.6+ does.
  12. Veedrock

Veedrock

A not so simple question so I'll ask here:

Does Lab still use Glicko2 or did it change to GLIXARE for ratings?
  13. Dark_Psiana

Dark_Psiana

Hey guys,
    I've a problem.
    If i play i can only see the sprites of my pokemon but not the opponent ones.
    I dowloaded Pokelab again, but nothing happened.
    What can I do?
    greets
  14. WillSO

WillSO

Can we have an NU ladder/playlist plox? :)
  15. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I recommend redownloading the sprites. Go to File > Preferences, click the Sprites tab, choose your desired sprite pack, and click 'Add...'.

WillSO - it's unlikely for now, since NU isn't an officially recognised Smogon metagame.
  16. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Any ETA on when the ranking are gonna be up?
  17. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

I would assume that would come with the actual release of the full PL.
  18. SourMilk

SourMilk

Yeah, problem with the lab. I open the program and connect to the server, but nothing is opening up, then about 2 minutes later I get a little popup window that say "Disconnected from server." Help?

Edit: Nevermind, just read another post about the server being down.
  19. Cathy

Cathy

This has been explained many times in the past. "GLIXARE" is not a rating system. Glicko2 does not assign players a single number as a "rating"; each player is assigned a probability distribution. In order to create a ranking, you need to define some ordering of players. The CRE was one ordering of players. The GLIXARE is a different ordering of players. Both are designed for Glicko2. Pokemon Lab uses the Glicko2 rating system and it will use the "GLIXARE" metric to order players for ranking purposes.
  20. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Will old gens ever be added?
  21. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

There are plans to add older generations and people have already volunteered to do so. They will be added when the necessary framework is in place. There is no ETA.
  22. Roosher

Roosher

I type in my forum username and password, but it says that no such account exists.
  23. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

Is there a place to see what progress is being made on the Gen V battle engine?
  24. Stellar

Stellar
    Orange Islands

No one is working on 5th gen, so no.
  25. Metal x Soldier

Metal x Soldier

Are you supposed to make an account on the poke lab thing because i used my username and password and couldnt log on. Im new to this thing.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)