Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, that's why the program asks you for it.

I'd like to sincerely thank the Poke Lab staff for all their hard work. These three people make Pokemon possible.

Really impressed by this, great work!
I was having a great time until the server crashed, but hopefully it'll all be together soon enough :D

Thanks again!

First and foremost -- holy freaking crap, guys. This is amazing, and it was amazing of you to make it out of your love for the game. Thank you so much.

And now onto my isshu (HA see what I...did...there...nevermind). WHICH, I'll admit upfront, is my own doing.

I successfully installed Lab a few days ago and have been playing on my Mac since the launch. Earlier this night, though, it seemed to not be launching correctly for me. So I decided to uninstall the application and reinstall it. Dragged the Pokemon Lab icon to the trash bin, deleted it, yada yada, and then went here for the client download again.

Only this time, when I opened the pokelab.jnlp file, I wasn't prompted to create another self-contained application - rather, it seemed as if PokeLab had opened up as if it was still installed, via the jnlp. Now, I'm aware that the server's down right now, and I'm unable to check to see if I can still play the game this way, but it does seem that I can open and edit teams from the team builder.

I've attempted to lock the icon into my dock to find out where the application is in the Finder, but when I click on "Show in Finder," I'm taken to the JavaVM.framework folder.

Soooooo...what is it that's going on with my application, here? Is there a way to make this application self-contained again, or did I not properly uninstall the software?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this! I really freakin' wanna be able to still play on this awesome application!
The exact same thing happened to me. If you got an icon that looks like this:

then it's fine. Simply click on the icon and it'll work. Putting it in your dock is pointless, it won't work from your dock. Just put the icon on your desktop and you'll be fine. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the icon back, but I'd rather not screw around with it anymore. That's what got me in this mess in the first place.

WHat, the desktop icon? Or the Start menu? Cause if u want the desktop back, couldn't you just right click the app file, and then create shortcut, then move the shortcut to the desktop?
I use a mac.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've noticed a couple other people talk about it, so has anybody found a solution to it saying your password is incorrect?

Wow, it looks great! I enjoyed Shoddy Battle, and I'm looking forward to playing with this; especially when the B/W stuff come! I created this account just for it (look at post count)!

When I first played it yesterday, I was surprised how smooth it looked. I couldn't get the sprites working at first, but I figured it out shortly. I lost my first battle ): b/c I used the wrong attack and would have KOed the opponent's sweeper if I hadn't. My second match was disconnected, but I was winning 4-2 (Pokemon left). How long will the server be down/up at a time?

Regardless, kudos to everyone involved; your hard work payed off!

The exact same thing happened to me. If you got an icon that looks like this:

then it's fine. Simply click on the icon and it'll work. Putting it in your dock is pointless, it won't work from your dock. Just put the icon on your desktop and you'll be fine. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the icon back, but I'd rather not screw around with it anymore. That's what got me in this mess in the first place.
*Phew* That's a relief. I certainly don't mind having to double click it from the desktop - as long as I'm able to play, that doesn't seem to matter a whole heck of a lot.

Thanks a ton for the very detailed answer, GMLW! Glad to know that I'm not the only one who's had this problem.

You guys officially won me over from Pokemon Online with this, great work!

Also, could you guys maybe give us a ballpark of when the Gen V will be implemented? I wake up with wet pillows from crying myself to sleep.

Every time I open Pokémon Lab (on mac) it asks me for access to my computer. Why is this? On SB1, it doesn't continuously ask me for access to my computer.

Also, if you guys could get the cancel button working, that would be great!

Other than that, great job guys!

So I tried it and like it better than Shoddy Battle 1, but not more than Pokemon Online. Looks nice overall but the moves layout looks weird and annoying.

Awesome job guys

only thing i'm a bit unhappy with is the fact that i cannot change my move after selecting it, though it makes it more like wifi, i did like that option in shoddy.

Server's back up if anyone's still wondering/is too lazy to check.

I'm real happy for you and ima let you finish but 6v6 are the best battles of all time!

OF ALL TIME!

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Thanks for all your compliments, everybody!!

The uptime of the server has been a bit rough for the first two days of the beta, but I've just made some fixes which should hopefully increase stability dramatically. Of course, it's possible there are other issues waiting to be discovered: that's what testing is for!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)