1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Mafia: Johto & the Legend of Ho-oh

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Havak, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I know I'm not in it, but I don't really see any disadvantage. Whats the point of putting a rule when it doesn't have any big advantages.

The only reason me and mekkah pulled off what we did last time was because the pm was 'secret' so to speak.
  2. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

When you play Mafia in real life you cant private message anyone, mafia can communicate by hand gestures and villagers can only talk when everyone has their eyes open.

Have a nice day.
  3. Toothache

Toothache Let the music play!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Live Action Role Play (LARP) Mafia sounds fun.
  4. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

So, let's say I'm regular trainier and Gormenghast has a special role and Blue Kirby is regular trainier too and Toothache is Team Rocket. Gormenghast can go on IRC and talk about the game, but we can't answer because we're regular trainiers. Toothache, however, can freely speak with Gorm.

That means you can check if someone has a special role or is evil, which is equivalent to the "i dropped the hint can you guess it" check that Shiv pulled last game.

Of course you're asking people to not ruin your game but still.
  5. Toothache

Toothache Let the music play!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm not 'always mafia' Mekkah :-p. But I see your point, there should be some communication allowed outside this thread, as long as it's not done gratuitously.
  6. Portugeez

Portugeez

I didn't get in;( But that's ok. Good luck to you all!
  7. evan

evan I did my best -- I have no regrets
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Mafia, especially forum mafia, is a game of communication and misinformation. Granted irl mafia doesn't allow for private messaging (because you CAN'T) but irl mafia is also a lot simpler with very basic roles and goals.

You really can't ban communication between villagers as that completely stifles play!
  8. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i agree, even with this rule, people will do it. The important part is that its pretty much impossible to do what shiv and mekkah did at this point, so it shouldnt matter.
  9. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The population of trainers involved in this war gather together as dawn breaks, their numbers seem slightly smaller, and this becomes evident when they discover two bodies laid waste at the Lake of Rage.

The first was that of Doomsday, and a strange energy was present, which couldn't really be described. The cause of death couldn't be determined, but Blue Kirby stepped forward to try and find out more on the situation. He noticed a small rip in his jacket, revealing a Gold symbol near his heart. Doomsday was indeed Cyrus, the leader of Team Galactic! How had he gone in the first night? Gouki also discovered a card in Cyrus' pocket, it read "FFE-9JT-SUX". Team Galactic had lost their leader straight away, what would happen to their plans now?

The second body was that of Hipmonlee*, the cause of death was yet again hard to determine, but things did seem a little off colour. As Kira stepped closer, one of Hipomonlee's Pokéballs burst open, and out sprang a Persian, had this happened once before? After further investigation, it was obvious that Hipmonlee was Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket!

Both evil forces had lost their leaders quickly, what would they do now? The Pokémon Trainers had made the first night without losing anyone, could they manage to keep a good luck streak going?

Night 1 ends, Day 1 begins. (Votes must be bolded to count)
  10. Sunday

Sunday God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well... that's certainly... interesting. Lol, intense crossfire from the Mafia factions. Well, time to examine everything you've said to find some clues.

Hmm... i googled "FFE-9JT-SUX" and all i got was that it's the id number of some energy card in the "Power Keepers" series of the TCG. At least the results were Pokemon related lol...
  11. Zenigame

Zenigame

Lynch SePh.
  12. cookie

cookie Adominnustrata
    is a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Soc. Forums Leader

Something smells imo. Both leaders dead? Unless it's just a colossal coincidence.
  13. extra

extra

hahaha what
  14. Kira

Kira

Yeah, cookie is right. Both mafia leaders down day one? Either some cheating is going on in the background or Hipmonlee, and Doomsday really hate each other.

Glad that I was used in the example. What happens if the leaders die?

Edit: I am not lynching anyone until the inspector speaks up with at least some info. Like in the last two mafia's there is most likely a bg so no worries about getting lynched unless Havoc didn't make a bg role.
  15. Sunday

Sunday God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Normally new leaders are picked, that's what the rules in the pervious two mafia games said anyway.
  16. Kira

Kira

I am not lynching anyone until the inspector speaks up with at least some info. Like in the last two mafia's there is most likely a bg so no worries about getting lynched unless Havoc didn't make a bg role.

EDIT: Actually Zenigame was way too quick to vote... if the inspector has no good info or refuses to speak than I am voting for Zenigame.
  17. CardsOfTheHeart

CardsOfTheHeart

Both leaders are down? Holy shit! This is great news! Ho-oh looks to be safe, at the moment.
  18. Vampy34

Vampy34

well this makes the lynch decision rather.... convoluted
  19. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

note that last game zenigame acted really wierd and randomly, dropping hints about his role when he was just a death eater. Us ministry wanted to kill him because he was acting so wierd.

That being said I'm not voting until zenigame gives us a reason. its entirely possible that hes inspector and has found Seph to be a member of team galactic/rocket that is part of Kira's team and Kira is trying to cover him or something.
  20. Kira

Kira

I wasnt in HP mafia so I wouldn't know that. And if he is inspector then why wouldnt he at least say something.

Edit: And actually I would be ok with voting seph out, but I am suspicious of Zenigame.
  21. cookie

cookie Adominnustrata
    is a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Soc. Forums Leader

If Zenigame had real info he would back it up somehow, not just going for a straight vote and nothing else. Furthermore, if he had a special role he would be stupid, because he should know from the previous thread that drawing attention to yourself like that will attract lynching votes or get killed at night.

He might just be a stupid villager on a hunch or a bad guy, but I seriously doubt he's someone important. I'm holding my vote back until we get some more information.
  22. Vampy34

Vampy34

After lending some thought to it, when i do vote, it will not be for zenigame, mostly because such a random vote is not dangerous, and such a stupid action is not exactly revealing a role worth lynching
  23. JimBob

JimBob

what just happened here..?

whatever, looking at havak's post the only thing I can see that could be a clue is Hip looking "a little off color" (spellcheck thinks colour isn't a word hehehe) The users that seem off color to me would be GreenPikachu and BlueKirby.

I googled image searched and got seviper as the card. I guess seviper, being a poison type, would cause someone to go off color if they were bitten and poisoned to death. But... none of the players have anything to do with poison stuff, except maybe vampdude, and that's really stretching it.

also why are we lynching seph?
  24. Vampy34

Vampy34

We are not lynching seph. Or at least, I'm not
  25. Kira

Kira

We arent lynching seph... Zenigame is just being stupid and either voting randomly, or he knows something and wont tell us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)