Jolly
Ninjask @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
~ Spore
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Protect
~ Attack Order / U-Turn / Taunt

Finally our little sucky bug can show it's beauty without failing completely. This is meant to be used in the lead position (yeah, leads aren't effective now as in 4th gen...) and can often safely lay down at least SR and one layer of Spikes. Attack Order is for Deoxys-S who can be really annoying.

Timid
Kyogre @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Drizzle
~ Butterfly Dance
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam / Spore
~ Thunder / Spore

Amazing special bulk and enough power to outpower everything. Well, with a better boosting move Kyogre must stay the queen / king of Pokémon. Unluckily she is still slow and she may have trouble with stronger priority. Kyogre can now even use her overlooked physical attack stat to surprise certain special walls like Blissey (or Ferrothorn).

Bold Blissey @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
~ Death Gambit
~ support (Spikes)
~ support (Whirlwind)
~ support (Softboiled)

Blissey could be played similar as a Skarmory with great defensive stats (Spikes + Whirlwind) and a next to guaranteed kill with Death Gambit to get rid of Blissey when it's done. Actially Death Gambit isn't necessary but I'm amazed of having something like a good Explosion again.

(I'm loving it)
Relaxed SuperMachamp @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 0 Spe-IVs
~ Trick Room
~ Sheer Cold
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Spore

I'm loving the idea of a metagame with the glitches allowed, but it doesn't mean that it shouldn't have clauses. This sounds like a fun metagame, but I can assure you that nobody will enjoy a metagame where the game is centralized around sleep and where anyone has access to Spore. Let's not forget that the sleep counter is now resetting everytime you switch out...

I keep seeing these bad TR Machamp sets. It hurts me. It really does.

Also, why Spore? Use Sing, to style on them foos.

Also, Copycat can copy Transform. Unfortunately, you cannot target your partner Pokémon with this Transform, thus a variant of the glitch can be performed with a wild Ditto, easiest way being paralyze turn 1, fully paralyzed, switch out, Transform, switch out, fully paralyzed, copycat, ditto faints you. This officially adds Riolu, Lucario, and Mesprit to the list.

So uh
can you give an example?
because im confused

but then

OBLIGATORY NEW SET
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord of Aura

Lucario w/ Life Orb
Nature: Lonely/Hasty
EVs: 160 Atk/220 SpA/128 Spd(if you can find a better spread pls tell)
Ability: Inner Focus

-Growth/Cheer Up
-Aura Sphere/Mystery Sword
-Shadow Ball
-ExtremeSpeed/Earthquake/*filler*

Simple stuff. Cheer Up is legal with Mystery Sword as Lucario gets Cheer Up from the TM, though it depends on if you want to use sun or not.

/fail

Lucario already can use almost every attack he needs.
He would just like things like Growth in the sun, Ice Beam/Tbolt/Fire Blast/MachP and Tail Glow, i guess

Idk if anyone's mentioned this yet but
Ho-oh
Jolly
252 Atk 4Def 252Speed
Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
V-Generate
Sacred Fire/Outrage
Earthquake/Outrage

Use in sun, pick your dance of choice, V-Generate let's you wreck shit, S. Fire for consistent stab and burn chance or outrage for coverage, eq as heatran is the only resist for dragon fire. Or use outrage so flying dragons don't wall you.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Idk if anyone's mentioned this yet but
Ho-oh
Jolly
252 Atk 4Def 252Speed
Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
V-Generate
Sacred Fire/Outrage
Earthquake/Outrage

Use in sun, pick your dance of choice, V-Generate let's you wreck shit, S. Fire for consistent stab and burn chance or outrage for coverage, eq as heatran is the only resist for dragon fire. Or use outrage so flying dragons don't wall you.
In this metagame NEVER use Dragon Dance. The reason is Gear Change gives +1 Attack AND +2 Speed

EDIT:
You can only get 1 BW move with the Mimic glitch, and V-Generate is already taking up that spot. Therefore it's either use Dragon Dance and V-Generate, or Gear Change and Sacred Fire. Dragon Dance and V-Generate hits a lot harder than Gear Change and Sacred Fire, so it really depends on what you want.
Only Use Dragon Dance if you need a Fifth Gen Move other than Gear Chance... Do'h

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
In this metagame NEVER use Dragon Dance. The reason is Gear Change gives +1 Attack AND +2 Speed
You can only get 1 BW move with the Mimic glitch, and V-Generate is already taking up that spot. Therefore it's either use Dragon Dance and V-Generate, or Gear Change and Sacred Fire. Dragon Dance and V-Generate hits a lot harder than Gear Change and Sacred Fire, so it really depends on what you want.

How about something like:

Ninjask @ Sash
Protect/Role Play
Imprison
Spore
Sheer Cold

as a Machamp counter?

If Spore's going to be on everything, Imprisoning it is bound to be helpful. Protect can buy a turn to make you faster. But if you manage to Role Play Machamp, after a few turns you'll have the fastest Sleeper/OHKOer in town.

Ninjask @ Sash
Protect/Role Play
Imprison
Spore
Sheer Cold

as a Machamp counter?

If Spore's going to be on everything, Imprisoning it is bound to be helpful. Protect can buy a turn to make you faster. But if you manage to Role Play Machamp, after a few turns you'll have the fastest Sleeper/OHKOer in town.
If your opponent, for whatever reason, is running a Sashed Machamp, you're dead. This seems like a decent strategy, but a little gimmicky and over-reliant on the opponent having a non-Sashed Machamp that you can get in on safely.

Why the hell would anyone run Sash on Machamp?

That's like saying "Rampardos doesn't beat Lugia with CB Head Smash, because it might have a SASH."

Why the hell would anyone run Sash on Machamp?

That's like saying "Rampardos doesn't beat Lugia with CB Head Smash, because it might have a SASH."
The same reason people run (ran? I don't do OU much anymore) Jolly or Balloon Doryuuzu: to counter itself, because it's a huge threat. Sheerchamp seems like it'd be one of the biggest threats in this metagame, so the best thing to do would be to use it yourself and make sure it can get rid of your opponent's. A Pokemon with Sturdy or a Sash is an easy way to do this, and your opponent probs won't be running Sash, so you take his Sheer Cold and KO him back with yours.

Relaxed SuperMachamp @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 0 Spe-IVs
~ Trick Room
~ Sheer Cold
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Spore

I don't think that's valid. No Guard is introduced in gen 4 (thus only gen 4 orgin Machamp can have it) and Mach-line only learns mimic in gen 3.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't think that's valid. No Guard is introduced in gen 4 (thus only gen 4 orgin Machamp can have it) and Mach-line only learns mimic in gen 3.
Do it with a Machoke, send it to DPPt, pray for it to get No Guard upon evolution, send it to B/W, ???, profit.

Ninjask @ Sash
Protect/Role Play
Imprison
Spore
Sheer Cold

as a Machamp counter?

This is actually a brilliant idea, I have to say. Do you really need Spore, though? If you're outspeeding and OHKOing everything, it seems pretty un-necessary. Why not stick Attack Order on there so you can deal with Mewtwo and Deoxys outside of Machamp?

Modest/Timid Gardevoir - Trace
252 SP ATK/252 Speed/4 HP
@ Choice Scarf
Sheer Cold
Psycho Break
2 Coverage Moves

The thing here is that this Gardevoir can come in after Machamp did its thing, trace No Guard, outpace Machamp and have a party. There are other abilities it can profit from, and its moveset can be tailored to whatever you wish to counter. I chose Psycho Break since Gardevoir needs all the power it can get, but outside of that it has many, many options. Need to go toe-to-toe with Mewtwo? Night Burst. Need to cope with Steel types? Aura Sphere. Rain Dance? Thunder. The list goes on.

Gardevoir > Porygon2 here due to higher speed which is highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)