Pokémon Minus - Street Pokémon with Mimic Glitch Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyranitar > Shedinja every day. The only reason why Sheddy is used in Ubers is because it walls some Uber pokes(Kyogre) while TTar/Hippo/Obama aren't seen as often.

If only Shedinja even got U-Turn. >_>

wait
U-Turn Shedinja?
OMFG IM A GENIUS
------------------------------------
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant

-U-Turn
-Recycle
-Sacred Fire
-Protect

Win. TTar comes in to kill Sheddy and gets U-Turned in the face instead. 8D

I love how +6 Shuckle takes almost nothing from Machamp's Stone Edge.
What's a good Shuckle Set going to be?

Shuckle @ Leftovers / idunnolol
Sturdy
EVs: It's a goddamned shuckle

Shuckoil
- Snake Coil
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Rollout

Toxic Shuck
- Sand Tomb
- Toxic
- Submersion
- Worry Seed

Scary Shuck
- Ingrain
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail

lolidunno. Problem with this metagame is you can have anything thrown at you and not not know from where. A simple switch can mean many possibilities.

Cotton Guard/Amnesia/Recover/Bug Bite Shuckle with Toxic Spikes/Sandstorm support, lol.
Why Shuckle? There are bulkier pokemon. Personally I think the most worrying defensive behemoth will be Cotton Guard Blissey/Chansey. Something like

Chansey@Evolution Stone
Calm, SERENE GRACE
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
-Cotton Guard
-Refresh/Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Sacred Fire

Use with Toxic Spikes support. Sacred Fire has a 100% Burn rate with the pink blobs' forgotten ability, Serene Grace, to hit pokemon immune to Toxic Spikes. Aromatherapy deals with crippling status. Alternatively you could run Will-O-Wisp with Natural Cure, denecessitating Aromatherapy, so you could run Amnesia to become absolutely unbreakable. This does force her out when statused, though, and leaves her vulnerable to Toxic Spikes without Safeguard support.

Why Shuckle? There are bulkier pokemon. Personally I think the most worrying defensive behemoth will be Cotton Guard Blissey/Chansey. Something like

Chansey@Evolution Stone
Calm, SERENE GRACE
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
-Cotton Guard
-Refresh/Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Sacred Fire
Well, Shuckle gets a boost to his already gigantic defenses in Sandstorm, and the likelihood of getting OHKOd is unlikely - get a good hit on Chansey/Blissey before it can use Cotton Guard or burn the enemy, and it's gone. Shuckle also doesn't need to worry about Sheer Cold.

Chansey, Blissey and Shuckle form the Big Defensive three, they all have their own merits.

Sandstorm? That's a decent idea, but that hinders my 3 Lugias.

Chansey, Blissey, and Shuckle do not form a "defensive three". Lugia is the bulkiest Pokémon in the game, period.

I personally prefer the strong defensive core of Arceus, Arceus, and Arceus...

Maybe Guard Swap Chansey/Blissey would be cool? Fix that defense right up... might hurt the special bulkiness, though.

Also, TM13, you're getting a bit stale on your set names.
ironically, I didn't even give that Shedinja set a name. Care to explain what you are referring to?

Also, hands down the best user of Guard Share is Deoxys-A. Outspeeds virtually everything in the meta with 150 base speed and has really paper-like defenses.

I think you mean Guard Share, not swap, but it sounds okay.
Aha, thanks.

ironically, I didn't even give that Shedinja set a name. Care to explain what you are referring to?

Also, hands down the best user of Guard Share is Deoxys-A. Outspeeds virtually everything in the meta with 150 base speed and has really paper-like defenses.
But what would it gain? Its insane attack would already break most enemies in half, and because of the pathetic HP you wouldn't be getting much bulk. Sure, it gets the most transfer, but it doesn't DO anything with it. Chansey/Blissey are better in my opinion, because they can absorb a solid defense stat to complement their titanic HP. Their SpD is par to excellent, so they'll only be losing out there, but sacrifices must be made. Just think, if you managed to land this on a Lugia... Of course, it would just phaze you out, but still, a man can dream.

If a pokemon has one ability in generation 3, but two possible abilities later, if you transfer it to generation 4 its ability has a 50% chance of changing to the new ability upon evolution.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If a pokemon has one ability in generation 3, but two possible abilities later, if you transfer it to generation 4 its ability has a 50% chance of changing to the new ability upon evolution.
...And apparently they changed the way the ability is calculated again, so in theory you could catch a Guts Machop in Ruby, send it to Pearl, evolve it into a No Guard Machoke, then send it to Black and evolve it into a Guts Machamp.

Has the server for this be established yet? I haven't seen any sign of it being online yet. BTW, what is the stance on adding Species, Sleep, and/or OHKO clause into this metagame. Seems pretty on the fence from where I view it.

...And apparently they changed the way the ability is calculated again, so in theory you could catch a Guts Machop in Ruby, send it to Pearl, evolve it into a No Guard Machoke, then send it to Black and evolve it into a Guts Machamp.
WTF

Isn't ability based off personality value? Since Machop had only 1 ability in RSE, the data for Machop is forced to ability 0(guts). However, the personality value is like, 'saved', such that when Machop evolves into Machoke in D/P/Pt/HG/SS, the game rechecks the Pokemon against its personality value and changes it to ability 1(no guard).

Personality value stays the same throughout, I don't know what weed are you smoking.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
WTF

Isn't ability based off personality value? Since Machop had only 1 ability in RSE, the data for Machop is forced to ability 0(guts). However, the personality value is like, 'saved', such that when Machop evolves into Machoke in D/P/Pt/HG/SS, the game rechecks the Pokemon against its personality value and changes it to ability 1(no guard).

Personality value stays the same throughout, I don't know what weed are you smoking.
I think what he means is that PIDs have been reassigned this generation, so the same PID can refer to a different ability this generation.

I played this once with some friends, here was my team... (Generation IV)

Ninjask@Leftovers
Speed Boost
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
-Spore
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Baton Passed +6 Atk, Spd to

Slaking@Life Orb
Adamant, Truant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Skill Swap
-Return
-Crunch
-Outrage

6-0d him every time.

I played this once with some friends, here was my team... (Generation IV)

Ninjask@Leftovers
Speed Boost
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
-Spore
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Baton Passed +6 Atk, Spd to

Slaking@Life Orb
Adamant, Truant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Skill Swap
-Return
-Crunch
-Outrage

6-0d him every time.
You lose to priority.

Skill Swap, Extremespeed, Sucker Punch and Close Combat changes that.
Anything with Protect will gladly face Slaking. Especially Arceus and Shedinja can switch in without fear of Skill Swap - or in fact, another Slaking.

Actually, there's an idea -

Switch in on something that isn't airborne.

Slaking @ Escape Button / ?
- Skill Swap/Befriend
- U-Turn
-
-

Trapinch / Dugtrio @ idunnolol
Arena Trap
- Protect
- Acupressure
-
-
(Accuracy + Offense boosts given by Acupressure mean basically any move can be used here)
Dugtrio has the Speed, Trapinch has the attack. It's just a choice then.

The Chandelant Combo on steroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)