1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Pearl Speedrun

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by nJoyUrAIDs, Jul 10, 2013.

1. nJoyUrAIDs

nJoyUrAIDs

I'm curious as to what you guys would think is the best starter to use, and is there a map of the Sinnoh region where items and places are mapped out so I could map out a route? If you can help me thanks a lot I really appreciate it.
  2. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Chimchar? Maybe he'd be good.
  3. SSJ

SSJ

I think you should use chimchar or turtwig.Turtwig would be good against the last gym and chimchar would be good against the 2nd and 6th gyms.
  4. Akiratron

Akiratron

Chimchar.

Grab a Magikarp early on and your good to go.
  5. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Magikarp isn't a good idea as it requires some switch-grinding. You don't need a water-type anyway since chances are you'll master ball Palkia and have him defeat everything, and HM duties can be covered by a Bibarel beforehand (those guys are horrifically common mid-game).

Chimchar is an excellent choice, Starly is probably a must imo. Turtwig is good too if you want an easier time against Roark and Wake, though it sucks against Plasma grunts until Torterra. An ice-type is useful to keep around, if only for Garchomp.
  6. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

I saw a run on speedrunslive that used empoleon. Definitely a better choice than turtwig, but chimchar may be just as fast.
  7. Meowstic

Meowstic

Empoleon is great later on in the speedrun. Chimchar is the best at the beginning. Total, they are probably about the same speed. Turtwig seems like he would be the slowest.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)