1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axselt

Axselt

Alright I dont' want to be a nostalgia (BAN ME PLEASE) but I was quite disappointed by this announcement. Game freak dropped hints EVERYWHERE hinting towards a RSE remake and they still havent remade it!! WHY!? I support 6th gen but they are not listening to the fans from a century ago! This is so frustrating because I understand that 6th gen is an advancement but so many other fans like me thought we could relive the RSE times and music! Stop strangling my heart and give us the long awaited remake pls!
  2. Sound

Sound

Want to exchange wishlists? If we don't see any new evolutions, I'll be sorely disappointed. Heck, that's one of the top three things I'm anticipating. It's always great to see an old pokemon in the spotlight again. Come on, Castform...

What hints? I remember no hints. Also, a century is 100 years. You most likely mean decade, which is ten years. And, I really don't see the need for RSE remakes. You can still transfer pokemon from them to the new games, but the same can't be said for my precious little Typhlosion in my Gold Version. Sure, I have Heart Gold, but it just doesn't feel the same, you know?

Also, if you don't want to be a nostalgia (BAN ME PLEASE), you shouldn't have posted this.
  3. MakaiMai

MakaiMai

I've seen at least two posts that state no old Pokemon were touched in Gen III, evolution wise. Sounds like you people forgot about Wynaut.
  4. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

My current thoughts typing wise:
    Chespin: I am pretty sure that it will end up grass/ground. It appears to be a mole and from Drilbur, we have learned that moles are ground type. Would actually be ok with that because I liked Torterra.
    Fennekin: Not really sure but I can agree with the fire/psychic theory.
    Froakie: Ahhhhh Froakie. I have always loved water types but tyis one vexes me. Could be a lot. As with most water types, it looks like it could be water/ice. Could be water/poison based on the little dark blue spot which resembles the color of the poison dart frog. This would actually be my fav typing for him. Last idea is water/electric. Appears to have a cloud around the neck which makes me think this. Would also not be surprised if the DW ability is drizzle for him.
    X: Not much to use here. Could be a ton. I am guessing it is grass for sure. Could also be part psychic, fighting, ground. I am currently thinking ground as the second type because of the roots on its head.
    Y: Like everyone else, I think she will be dark/flying.
    I think the X will be male and the Y will be female. Genetically speaking, everyone gets two chromosomes for gender. Everyone has an X. Then the second one is either X or Y. If it is XY, the child will be female. If XX , the child will be male.
    P.S. Apologize for spelling mistakes. On my iPod :)
  5. Sciztar

Sciztar

I wonder with this gen will Gamefreak change some base stages around or change some Pokemon typing around.

Come on Magnezone levitates by Magnetism, but it still gets hit by Earthquake.
  6. BlaqJstr

BlaqJstr

This surprised me I was so expecting a RSE remake. These starters are pretty good. Froakie is all I need and watch the swarm of Frogs team come out
  7. The Cicada

The Cicada

What the cicada are you talking about? There is plenty of time for a RSE remake. Besides, wouldn't you rather see a RSE remake with gen 6's 3D graphics?
  8. MLaRF

MLaRF

Also Azurill, for a total of... 2. Compared to the 135 total pokemon, it's essentially negligible.

Actually, you got it backwards, xx is female and xy is male. But on this note, I want to see if the whole genetics subtext involved here signals any significant changes to the breeding mechanics. Not that I think it needs any changes, but that doesn't mean neither you guys nor game freak can think up ways to improve it. Maybe some kind of new control over how the IV's and egg moves are generated? idk, it would be an interesting subject.
  9. Arcticblast

Arcticblast I run with the wolves of the wicked
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Incorrect, XX is female and XY is male.
  10. Rokaru

Rokaru

Actually, I think you have that switched. If it's XY it's male, and if XX it will be female.

So that means X will be female and Y male...
    I can see where you got the idea though and I agree, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm surprised Generation VI came out so quickly, wasn't BW2 released only a couple of months ago? *Googles* Yea, exactly 3 months and a day ago!

But the new changes look both amazing and ehh..ok.
    The starters weren't the most impressive trio I've seen (I like the classic RBY starters better), but still looks pretty good. Chespin would be my choice, seeing as I have a fondness for grass types and his design just looks the most appealing to me. Though Fennekin looks pretty good too, I'm just not a cat (Or should I say fox?) person. (Sorry, Froakie)

Also, perhaps there is trainer customization? (The trainer looks at himself in the mirror.) Eh...probably not. But really, the trainers could really use some work..

It also looks like they put new battle animations whenever you use a move. And these animations look like they'd take a while to pass so I don't know how that would affect the average length of a wild battle... (Grinding became just a little more tedious.)

Now, about the legendaries, I'm starting to think they're running out of creative design ideas, but still, Y looks better than X in my opinion.
  11. Infernis

Infernis

Problem there, Pokemasta77. XY is male, XX is female. So by that logic Y-bird would be male, and the X-deer female.
  12. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

I call DNA type. Just think about it. (I'm serious here, so please refrain from saying things like "lol noob.") X and Y legends are obviously based on the X and Y chromosomes, and when you see the "chinshot" of X you can see what are almost color containers under its antlers, while Y seems to be a giant Y. It's not COMPLETELY Farfetchd, but it is slightly Farfetch'd. (See what I did there?)

Pokemasta, look at Smogon's front page. X is blue, Y is red/pink.
  13. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Oops thanks for that. The Y is blue isnt it? X is pink?( in the game logos) If this is the case, I have no idea where they get that from.
  14. andrewdoo900

andrewdoo900

I'm just hoping that gamefreak will end that whole fire fighting type starter this generation
  15. Rokaru

Rokaru

X is blue, represented by the deer-thing and Y is red, and represented by the bird-thing.
  16. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but the main problem I see when this comes out is how long until the RNG will be cracked. It looks like for awhile we'll have to resort to... IV breeding (shudders)
  17. Charro

Charro

I think they mentioned there would be a new type of pokémon

I wonder what would it be
  18. Ondore

Ondore

I'm curious about what the inevitable Nintendo Network capabilities of this game will be. Does Nintendo/GF have the stones to add in enough post-release content that there'd be no need for a Z/W/N for several years? (Like, say, the inevitably-missing move tutors?)
  19. MLaRF

MLaRF

First of all, if you have any sources, please provide. Second of all, I'm kind of on the fence about if they introduced a new type; the old one works fine as-is, while adding in something would still be a great addition if handled properly (and that is a major if right there). But if they did add one in, I somehow doubt that it would be the "DNA" type someone here suggested, it seems much too specific and incredibly abstract, especially when you consider the other DNA-based pokemon already fit into the other types introduced (mew, mewtwo, deoxys... okay, into one type created). I could get into a big self-wank justifying what kind of new type I would want, but I don't think it has any place being here. But yeah, if you have any proof that'd be way mind-blowing.
  20. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

How long do you guy expect it would take before Gamefreak reveals the following:

1. Box legendary info (name, typing, species, etc)
    2. Starter final evolution

I'm happy that a new generation of Pokemon are coming but nine month before any sort of release is pretty damn long of a wait. Tiny leaks here and there isn't going to cut it for me.
  21. The Reptile

The Reptile awoat needs a custom title
    is a Pre-Contributor

I'm kind of sad that the balls on Froakie's face are actually balls, as I was hoping for them to look like glasses. Anyways, on to some baseless speculation (yay) (Also, I also believe that they will stay mono-type in their stage-one forms).

Also, before I get into the specific pokemon, I'd like to point out that there might be a trend on the attacks used by the starters. They all (assumingly) hit their target SE. The only exception is Fennekin, who happened to hit both it's targets NVE (assuming Thick Fat on Munchlax). I might be rambling about bullshit, but it could be a possibility (Most likely it's just a huge coincidence though) Anyways:

Chespin

Probably my least favorite out of the bunch (although I still find it kind of cute). Judging by the trailer / his appearance, he is most likely Grass/Dark (Trailer), as the other other things don't match with the trailer (No slashing Ground-attacks, so Grass/Ground is unlikely, and Normal doesn't affect Golurk, so Grass/Normal is also unlikely).

Fennekin

Probably the worst name ever, but other than that Fennekin is ok, I guess. His ear hair is a bit weird, but he look rather generic outside of that (well, all 3 of them do, but Fennekin looks the most generic imo). Judging by the trailer, Fire/Psychic is what it's most likely going to end up being, although Fire/Ground is also a possibility due to it's origin animal being a desert fox (iirc). I think Fire/Fighting looks very unlikely at this moment, although it might be a possibility.

Froakie

I really like this design actually (shame it's "glasses" are actually balls, but w/e). Anyways, I'm looking at Froakie probably being Water/Fighting due to the trailer (yay, fight/psy/dark starters! :D), especially if we follow my (probably bullshit)theory. Water/Poison is also an option, as is Water/Normal (It'd be interesting if all the starters were Fire|Water|Grass/Normal at the end, but I doubt it). Water/Electric is also a thing because the fluff could be a cloud (Which could also support Water/Flying) that turns into a thundercloud later.

Y Mon

I really like the design of this pokemon (also, yay, no dragons hopefully :D). I'm thinking it's possible types are any combination of Normal, Grass, Ground, Steel, and Psychic, but it's hard to tell at this point. However, it could also have a type-changing gimick related to it (this is unlikely, as X Mon would also need a gimick as well. Maybe a stat-changing gimick for X Mon if this is true?) This is only based on the fact that it has pretty rainbows on its horns. Also, I'm kind of hoping it's name is Zygoat, and X Mon having some other Genetic-related name.

X Mon

This thing is pretty cool too (although I like Y Mon better personally). Flying is almost definitely part of it's type, leaving the other one. I doubt it'll be Psychic or Fire, and my bet is either Dark or Ghost. I suggest Ghost because it shares a similar color scheme to Giratina who was Ghost-type. Another thing that hints towards Ghost is his eyes, as they look more spectral than most other pokemon. I'm gearing more towards Ghost/Flying or even Dark/Ghost(w/Levitate), but Dark/Flying would not be a surprise. Even though it's not probably, I'm hoping for it to be Poison in some way. No real reason or basis for this, I just want a Poison legendary (go away, Arceus, you don't count :I)

As for possible 3rd game name, Z is looking like the most obvious, fitting the graph coordinate scheme (and somewhat fitting with the genetic scheme ,which is more prominent, because it's the first letter in Zygote)
  22. Psyco_Josho

Psyco_Josho

It looks like there won't be another Fire/Fighting starter, at least...
  23. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm hoping that the next CoroCoro will detail the box legends (and maybe more details on the starters).
  24. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

I think this was the source he was referring to:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46058718&postcount=509

If the rumor is true, there's supposed to be some sort of "Digital" Type that has no strengths or weaknesses by itself, but magnifies the strengths and weaknesses of the type that it's paired with (i.e Digital/Fire has 4x weakness to Water and a 1/4 weakness to Ice).
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The rumor that isn't remotely true because it was done by a person who previously made up rumors using an alt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)