1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave527

shockwave527

Hey, that's just my hope. Even though they haven't done it before, they still may.

But, you can stick with your desire that they don't show it. Fine with me.
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Guys, trust me. The games were announced, like, yesterday, and will be released only in nine months. We won't get much besides the monthly CoroCoro (and I frankly don't expect much from the next one; at best, the region name so I can finally ease my heart at that Aienki rumor), Pokémon Smash is shit for pre-releases because it's not their job (specially when they don't even mention it in the next week previews), the promotional sites mostly update with whatever is officially revealed beforehand (see: CoroCoro), there will be a lot of rumors until the games come out (and I'm positive there will be at least ONE that will have sliver of truth to it), that Mexican/Spanish site (Poké...Maestro...? I forgot) promised they'd get a leak with all the Gen VI Pokédex just like they did with BW (and RUINED FOREVER my planned Nuzlocke run), and we'll get bullshit from everywhere.

We're in for a ride.
  3. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

GameFreak does whatever it wants.

I dont expect new info to come out for a while anyway. Game Freak has surprised us before, but eh. I expect we will get new info in about 2 weeks or so and itll probably be just a few of the "route 1" pokemon.
  4. Yveltal

Yveltal

THIS CoroCoro may not have been fully revealed yet. Normally, full scans of the entire magazine don't completely surface until the 20th of the month at the latest, if memory recalls. On top or normalities involving CoroCoro, Pokemon always gets a 5-10 some odd page spread regarding an upcoming main series game duo. To have only three pages regarding Pokemon in general would be a bit shocking.
    Even then, there's time for eight or nine more issues of CoroCoro to give more previews. still though...three pages...
  5. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

pokexperto.net iirc. I remember that Melkor did it through his twitter account.
  6. b2j135

b2j135

Speaking of babies, what Pokemon do you think will get baby forms?
    I still want a REAL baby Kangaskhan, call it Kangasroo and then I can evolve into the actual one :p
    Also, would LOVE to see Scyther get a baby form as well as Seasel, Gligar, Tauros, Miltank, Heracross, Skarmory, Tangela. Aipom, Yanma, Murkrow, Misdreavus, and Nosepass for all the old Pokemon.
    Now the gen 5 pokes...OMG I don't even know where to start.
  7. absolfusion

absolfusion

speaking of which they had this to say about yveltal and xerneas which i thought was pretty interesting (roughly translated):

The chances are that Yveltal is based on the mythological being Yatagarasu, the three clawed raven which is said to represent divine intervention. In Japanese history, the emperor Jimmu Yatagarasu guide to current Nara prefecture in Japan. Nara is a city twinned with Versailles says (see below), and whose divine messenger came another forest, the white deer of Nara. Both are considered so legendary divine messengers of Nara prefecture.
  8. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I highly doubt that between the initial leaks and 2 days after the actual release that there would be no word on anything we missed.

first month previews typically aren't very long, by the by
    I mean...for BW2 all we got was this
    [​IMG]
  9. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

For some reason they decided to add Dunsparce to the Unova dex for BW2. At first I thought nothing of it, but now Im a little suspicious because of this new generation not having entirely new pokemon in it. The inclusion of older pokemon means a possibility of new evolutions.

They also seemed to lower the levels of which he learned abilities by quite a bit. That probably doesn't mean much, but it would be pretty great if it did mean some form of evolution.

I suppose they could give him an evolution and a baby form. Derpy baby dunsparce. Here is hoping for Normal/Dragon and they finally give it levitate (makes sense with its pokedex description afterall)

I am really hoping Dunsparce does evolve in X/Y now. I doubt it will happen, but i'll instantly use one if it does.
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

What if Mienfoo gets a gender split evolution, and Audino evolves into CarbonCopyBlisseymon?
  11. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

You're probably overthinking: stuff like Azumarill and Riolu had movepool overhauls too. They probably just modded the movesets since Azumarill and Riolu come early, like Dunsparce.

Besides having older guys in a new gen may or may not guarantee evolution (read: Castform)
  12. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'd still like to see Castform get divergent evolutions that get the perma-weather abilities
    Meta-game wise I suppose the last thing it needs is more weather starters but I think it'd be neat
    At the very least it would give an additional option for Hail
  13. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

What if Audino got a gender split evolution?

Audino gains 40 Atk, Spatk and Spd for it's male Evolution (103/100/86/100/86/90)

Audino gains 40 Def, Sp.Def and HP for it's female Evolution (143/60/126/60/126/50)

So Castform becomes a more advanced version of each of it's forms? I like the sound of that. They just need to add a Sandstorm form.

I wonder if they would make the BST 600 and just make it 100/100/100/100/100 for every Castform forme evolution or if they would specialize it for each weather type.
  14. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

TBH I'd still prefer if they made it such that Forecast doubles his stats or something
    Castform would be quite the powerhouse under such a scenario
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

Ooh! Ooh! Now do a split male evolution for Gothorita!
  16. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

How in the world can Gothorita be male? I dont even. This is more awkward than male Gardevoir.
  17. Celever

Celever

Dunsparce is based on a land snake, which hardly means it could fly. I assume you were referring to his D/P/Pt entry "It digs into the ground with its tail and makes a mazelike nest. It can fly just a little." I don't think saying "It can fly just a little" should give it levitate. Remember, this is the pokemon that learns dig by level up, he only gets roost because for whatever the reason, the designers decided to put tiny wings on him that do nothing except flutter in colosseum and XD.

Edit for above post: Or female machoke!
  18. Ryanide

Ryanide

This is where GF trolls us and the new pseudo-legendary is a Dragon/Steel pokemon with Garchomp stats and levitate. Better pack mach punch.

Also a dunsparce evo would be rather scary stats wise. Not only would it be bulky as nuts, it'd still likely retain serene grace and have actually decent attacking stats to make use of it's already diverse movepool.

It also means you could slap an evolite on regular dunsparce and...
  19. CountBleck

CountBleck

The irony here being that all Shadow tag Gothorita's must be male at the moment.
  20. The Diverman

The Diverman

Or the holy grail of them all: female Mr. Mime.

One thing I hope fix is making it a whole lot easier to find pokemon on the gts. I think it's stupid that you have to see the pokemon before you search for it.
  21. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

there are a number of things wrong with the GTS, having to see the pokemon first surprisingly isnt that high for me, as I'm much more concerned with the unreasonable conditions the inability to pick abilities or natures for the mon, or its moveset. GTS is overall useless we're better off having designated trades with the people here
  22. cocoon

cocoon

Male Jynx.... *shudders*
  23. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

I'd just like to point out to those that have been speculating 600BST evolutions *cough*CynicalGiant*cough* that the ONLY Pokemon in 5 generations to get 600BSTs have been Psuedo-legendaries and legendaries. No ordinary Pokemon is going to get 600 BST.

Discounting Slaking (whose stats are as high as fucking Kyogre, but offset by Traunt), the next highest BST of a non-legendary, non pseudo-legendary Pokemon is Archeops at 567 (offset by Defeatist). After that it's Arcanine at 555 (whose fucking species name is "legendary Pokemon") and then Volcarona at 550 (who is treated almost like a legendary).

So anything above 550 BST should be handled with a lot of care when speculating if you want to keep it realistic. I know it's fun to fantisize about an evolution with Castform with 100 all round base stats, but it's about as realistic as a main series Pokemon game adopting a real time battling system. Some traditions just aren't going to change.

Oh, and I'm also in the Dunsparce evolution camp. That image a page or two back was freaking perfect, if someone told me that it was official artwork for the game I'd actually consider that they might be serious (for someone as skeptical as me, that's very high praise). Gamefreak needs to totally hire the guy who made that and make them a Pokemon designer, STAT!

EDIT @ Cocoon: But Male Jynx doesn't exist. All the others listed before this? THEY DO EXIST.
  24. shockwave527

shockwave527

Guys, hear me out on this one:
    A pseudo-legendary evolution of Electrode
    A version of electrode with purple coloring and levitate.

How to evolve:
    It must be traded while in a masterball.

Ok, that, OR:
    Diverging evolutions of electrode based on what ball it has been caught in.
  25. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Also giving those evolutions a secondary type depending on the type of ball used would be nice (mostly thinking on gen2 apricorn balls) and maybe get standard evolutions from pokeball great ball and ultraball only an appearance change to that evo since I mean they're easy to obtain.

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)