1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

Evolutions triggered by what pokeball it was caught in sounds kinda kooky! It adds a new challenge to filling the pokedex, though. I'd support it.
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Jesus, it would be worse than Eevee. And without the cute factor.
  3. shockwave527

shockwave527

I actually had thought of that! So far:
    Pokeball - Normal Type
    Great Ball - Fire Type
    Ultra Ball - Fighting Type
    Dusk ball - Dark Type
    Net ball - Bug Type
    Dive Ball - Water Type
    Heavy Ball - Ground Type
    Premier Ball - Ice Type
    Luxury Ball - Steel Type
    Nest Ball - Flying Type
    Heal Ball - Psychic Type
    Quick Ball - Grass Type
    Timer Ball - Rock Type
    Master Ball - Either dragon or a pseudo-legend pure electric with levitate, as I stated before.

That leaves out: Ghost and Poison

I think that could be really cool, but whoever said was right, it'd just end up an electric eevee. I honestly would like to see this, but, in reality, the best thing would be only the master ball one. Would you waste your only Master Ball if it meant getting a Mastrorb, and would you have a friend willing to trade you with it and give it back?
  4. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Also if the new region is based of France, we could expect pokes based on elements of french/european elements like a steel/dark or ghost guillotine pokemon who evolves from a pair of handcuffs, the previously mentioned haunted armor ghost/steel type, I don't know, since we spanish people share a lot of history with France, couldn't think of more but a fighting/steel pokemon in the appearance of a roman soldier or maybe some legendary trio based of the three main gods of greek mythology like flying/electric for Zeus, water/poison for Poseidon (might call this one Poiseidon) and ghost/dark for Hades, then again this depends if they think on basing this gen on europe or France only

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android
  5. Celever

Celever

Also, I agree that a haunted suit of armour might come, but I'll tell you now, the things associated to Britain, France and other european countries are for the most part false. While haunted armour is actually a good idea in relation to france, a lot of other ideas that might come up in the future will most likely have nothing to do with europe.
  6. cocoon

cocoon

Hey smarty, I already know that. Don't get so dramatic over a children's game.
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

Okay, 2 things:
    ONE: When you changed that, by changing the ultra ball, you removed fighting. Just to note that.

Second: What if they add more pokeballs this gen? For poison, it could be:

TOXIC BALL: Works better when opponent is poisoned.

for ground:

GRAVITY BALL: Works better the shorter the opponent is.

and for fighting:

CHAMPION BALL: Works better the harder it is to find a pokemon in a given area.
  8. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Well I wouldn't say false, nor I confirmed them by any means, but still in the video pikachu is standing atop the Eiffel tower, not the ingame similar one, but the real deal, just saying there are certain possibilities the game is based on europe, I mean if they wanted pikachu to make a worldwide announcement in the video, why atop the Eiffel tower, which has a very similar ingame equal, why not the empire state, or tokyo tower, I hope you seeing my point here. Also about the electrode evolution with Masterball, what people would do is:
    1)Use it on electrode to get the evo since it's only obtainable.
    2)Complain about the lack of a second one for the level 70 standard legendary in each game.

9. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well, we get two Master Balls guaranteed in BW2, so
  10. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Definitely needs to be stronger/reliable grass attacks. Or Giga Drain for a good Adaptability GrassMon? Quire surprised the ability hasn't been given to one yet ^^

I'm sure GameFreak will check the Waters/OP offensives in some proper way, they've become more 'feedback-aware' lately I've noticed.

As for the Balls-talk (joke ^^), they've delivered well lately with the extra in-game sugar candy so I'm sure they'll do something good there =D

101 pages in 10 days, not bad =]

May need a fresh thread pretty soon though xD
  11. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Mmm, Ghost/Steel w/Intimidate - where do I sign up? UU tier plz, even if it has 550 BST :naughty:
  12. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Could be fun, creating a male jynx who looks overlly manlly, something like nidoking and nidoqueen counterparts.

Oh, and make nidoking and nidoqueen able to get babies.... Never, EVER understood why THEY can't get babies.
  13. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

WHY CAN'T IT BE OCTOBER ALREADY!

Part of me wishes that I was just blissfully ignorant of this new generation so that I would have something better to do for 10 months than obsess over a game.

Okay, well after that, I do want Druddigon to evolvesince he is the only non-legendary dragon type that doesn't evolve and has the lowest BST of all fully evolved dragons =( stats could be something like...
    HP-85 ATK-140 DEF-100 SATK-70 SDEF-100 SPD-55 BST-550
  14. MeroMero

MeroMero

Each time a new gen is coming, it seems that a couple of moves are buffed (though some were nerfed badly, I'm looking at you Selfdestruct and Explosion), those moves can maybe have a buff during the gen transition :
    Crabhammer :
    120 BP(+30) / 85 Acc(-5) / 5 PP(-5)
    Not counting new moves, if any physical Water-type move would look powerful enough to be buffed up to 120 BP, it would be Crabhammer.

Tri-Attack : 100 BP(+20) / 95 Acc(-5) / 5 PP(-5)
    It always baffled me to see how this move is "only" 80 BP considering its side effects.

Iron Tail : 100 BP(=) / 80 Acc(+5) / 10 PP(-5)
    I don't see how this is any less accurate than Stone Edge, Cross Chop or Hydro Pump.

Crunch : 90 BP(+10) / 100 Acc(=) / 15 PP(=)
    When the most powerful RELIABLE move of one given combination of type and category is ONLY 80 BP you know something is off.

Shadow Ball : 90 BP(+10) / 100 Acc(=) / 15 PP(=)
    Same comment as Crunch.

Hyper Voice : 120 BP(+30) / 90 Acc(-10) / 5 PP(-5)
    A far more reliable version of Uproar, used to be a more powerful version as well (×1.8 or +80% the power of Uproar) up until gen5.

Extrasensory : 90 BP(+10) / 100 Acc(=) / 15 PP(-15)
    Would give Psychic competition (flinch chance vs Sp.Def. drop chance).

Power Gem : 90 BP(+20) / 100 Acc(=) / 10 PP(-10)
    Special Rock-type moves : AncientPower, Hidden Power (Rock), Power Gem. Talk about diversity, even though I can understand why it is difficult to come with a special rock move flavor-wise but if anything the power boost would make Power Gem usable.

Focus Blast : 120 BP(=) / 80 Acc(+10) / 5 PP(=)
    You know it's sad when you compare Focus Blast average BP output (84) to Aura Sphere's (90), at the very least 80% accuracy would increase Focus Blast average power up to 96.

Razor Shell : 85 BP(+10) / 95 Acc(=) / 10 PP(=)
    Kinda like how Leaf Blade got buffed the generation next after the one it was introduced.

Icicle Crash : 100 BP(+15) / 90 Acc(=) / 10 PP(=)
    I think 85 BP doesn't properly translate the pain that a row of sharp, pointy big icicles ready to stab you from above would inflict.

I nearly forgot, Selfdestruct and Explosion like they were pre-gen5: come on Game Freak, that was a dick move.

Ideas of new moves / clone of old moves :
    Ice Kick (アイスキック) : 85 BP / 90 Acc / 10 PP / Ice / Physical
    Increased critical hit ratio, 10% chance of freezing the target.

Thunder Kick (サンダーキック) : 85 BP / 90 Acc / 10 PP / Electric / Physical
    Increased critical hit ratio, 10% chance of paralysing the target.

Psycho Blade (サイコブレード) : 100 BP / 80 Acc / 5 PP / Psychic / Physical
    Increased critical hit ratio.

Brainpower (プサイアニック) : 120 BP / 85 Acc / 5 PP / Psychic / Special
    20% chance of dropping the target Sp.Def. 2 stages.

Steam Hammer (パワーハンマー) : 120 BP / 100 Acc / 15 PP / Steel / Physical
    Recoil damage equal to one-third of the damage done.

Icebreaker (さいひょうせん) : 120 BP / 100 Acc / 15 PP / Ice / Physical
    Recoil damage equal to one-third of the damage done.

ThunderDance (かみなりのまい) : --- BP / --- Acc / 20 PP / Electric / Status
    Increase user's Sp.Atk and Speed 1 stage each.

Ice Age (アイスエイジ) : 120 BP / 50 Acc / 5 PP / Ice / Special
    100% chance of freezing the target (if it connects).

WaterCooling (すいれい) : 90 BP / 100 Acc / 10 PP / Water / Special
    10% chance of freezing the target.

Ice Skating (アイススケート) : --- BP / --- Acc / 20 PP / Ice / Status
    Increase user's Speed 2 stages.

Sky Rocket (スカイロケット) : 120 BP / 70 Acc / 5 PP / Steel / Special
    No side-effect, infinite accuracy under sun, accuracy is 50 under rain / sandstorm / hail.

Sky Storm (りゅうのあらし) : 120 BP / 70 Acc / 5 PP / Dragon / Special
    No side-effect, infinite accuracy under rain, accuracy is 50 under sun.
  15. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

With the chance for eight more daily through Join Avenue.

Just what Dragon-types need, another spammable Dragon move, this time without the side effect of dropping their Special Attack. Do you really want to make Rain even more broken?
  16. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Maybe the new guillotine pokemon i thought of could be implemented as a new rotom form, ghost/steel, We have a washing machine a fan and the rest, so why not, also maybe a stone pokemon that looks like a tower, then evolves into a castle ,(always thinking on the perspective of gen6 in europe) and maybe some background on terrakion cobalion and virizion since the three musketeers takes place in france.
    Also a gargoyle pokemon ( i think this was stated before me)

17. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

I always figured it was only 80 BP BECAUSE of those gnarly side effects.
  18. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

I think it's for the best that Druddigon doesn't evolve. I prefer the underdog Pokemon and I can't do that with Dragons because they're always treated as the ultimate type that's better than all the rest and has the highest stats. I mean, it was fine in gen 1 when the only fully evolved one was Dragonite 'cos he was meant to be kinda final boss-like (the highest stats, resists your starter's STAB, lots of elemental attacks, etc.) but with one new Dragon type pseudo legendary almost every game plus the general high stats of most Dragons, it just seems overdone. So I'm all for weak dragons and would personally love it if we got one that functioned like Breloom or Scizor. And then hopefully GF can shower their love on some other type. Like Grass or Poison.

[Fast forward a year and we unanimously vote to ban the mighty Poison/Dark Pseudo-Legendary with Levitate. Its Poison type version of Outrage was just too much to handle...]

Rotom Ye Olde Forme? How would it even work?
  19. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk

To be fair, Game Freak nerfed Explosion and Selfdestruct to balance out the doubles metagame, which is Game Freak's primary metagame at official Pokemon tournaments. I personally don't mourn their loss to greatly.
  20. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

It wouldn't be too hard to give them their old effect for singles, while retaining the current damage for doubles.
  21. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Scizor lmfao

Honestly Hyper Voice could probably just do with being a normal type variant of Earthquake.
  22. Charro

Charro

Shadow Ball should be 95 BP, I mean it is the Ghost type Psychic/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower, so why not?
  23. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Whoever added these tags is awesome, and true.
  24. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

According to that logic Psychic should also be 95 then.

Oh, and Shadow Ball is not the ghost type elemental beam, it is not a beam.
  25. MeroMero

MeroMero

Well, flavor-wise this is what make the most sense.
    Usually storms are intuitively associated with clouds, thunder, and rain, even though the latter is not exclusive as it can be snow (or hail).
    Plus it's only speculation, nothing definitive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)