1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

First pokemon with a BST of 601, for maximum trolling
  2. Celever

Celever

I didn't actually expect my idea to have more positive comments on it than negative, but it's nice that people did actually find it a good idea. It will make some hardly used moves, like hyper voice for instance, viable on primary normal types.
    Something I didn't say though, was that pure typed pokemon just get the normal 1.5 boost.
  3. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

If you think you may be the racist one. You are saying that because its black and causes mischief that it must be a reference to a racial stereotype. Racist.
  4. labarith

labarith

That's even more pointless. If you want to go that route, why note just do Normal/Normal gets an adaptability-eque 2x boost.

Oh, yeah, because that's stupid too.

Changing fundamental constants of the game to make them both stronger and weaker arbitrarily is inherently arbitrary, and thus wrong. Changing them to make Snorlax's body slam more effective is even more wrong.

You know, this isn't a bad idea...

First, imagine a permanent Red card ability... it'd turn the pokemon into some obscene version of Focus Punch... except when it's the last pokemon in your party.
    Imagine the stats this thing could have - especially with only decent speed...
    80/150/90/90/90/80... would be a real possibility. Heck, you could make it go over 600BST fairly easily. It would be trolled by priority moves until it's the last man standing, then it's a near-glass cannon.

Second - imagine the ability "Fear of Bugs", in which a pokemon was switched out whenever a bug type switched in. You could easily give it above average stats... or better still, silly boosting moves... and it would be fairly balanced. Theoretically you could do variants for each type, but "fear of fire", "fear of dragons", and "fear of dark" seems like they'd all be fairly hefty drawbacks...

Third - imagine, as you say, something like "Indifference", which switches out the pokemon if a sufficiently weak pokemon enters the battlefield opposite it. Rather than go off of base stats, imagine it went off of attack.
    Brutalillly - "The Challenge Pokemon" Fighting/Grass "Indifference" 100/135/80/60/85/101

So if you switch your Chansey it, it sees it has far more attack, and switches out thinking Chansey's not a worthy opponent.

Finally, imagine an ability like this - "Overconfidence" - Halves the stats (offenses? Defenses? both?) when facing a "weak" opponent (where a weak opponent is one with a BST total of less than 500? Or perhaps an opponent with base stats more than 100 less than itself, and/or with a lower level?). Imagine Dialga or Palkia with this ability... it might actually be downgraded to OU, since all you really need is Sableeye to cripple your opponent's big gun. In fact, Eviolite (and hypothetical variants) might be even more important...

There could even be a move that turns the opponent's pokemon's ability into Overconfidence (Overconfidence Beam!)... probably something like "Disarm" or something.
  5. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Ice isn't resisted by fighting.But if it had Thick Fat...
  6. Basileus

Basileus

I think it is neutral, so ice would be supper effective against dragon/fighting.
  7. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

:evan::evan::evan::evan:
  8. Basileus

Basileus

:evan::evan::evan::evan:
  9. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Yes its been documented. In Gen 4 at least. Havent heard of it in Gen 5 yet.
  10. SpaghettiWeegee

SpaghettiWeegee

I remember dreaming up new Pokemon for future generations with friends as a kid. One that stuck with me was the (totally useless but unquestionably ADORBS <33) pre-volution of Kangaskhan called Kangaskid, which would resemble, of course, the Pokemon in Kangaskhan's pouch. I don't mean to go into specific predictions for the next generation, because of all Pokemon, I doubt Kangaskhan is going to get worked over (let alone provided with a baby form), but I... Well, I just wanted to share, actually. >.>

But man, I really liked the fifth generation, and this next generation seems to be keeping with a similar aesthetic design, which is AWESOME. I hope we'll see some weird types like poison/rock or ground/flying, the latter of which would belong to... Maybe an evolution of Dugtrio.

To be completely honest, though, I hope the formula doesn't change too terribly much, because I still enjoy playing roughly the same Pokemon that came out some-odd years ago and for a series as beloved as this, the most sensible philosophy to adopt in my view would be, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Only disappointment I saw in the trailer is that it seems like they're still using a grid system for movement, which does probably imply they're sticking to their roots, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that the movement couldn't be made more... Natural. Grids in 3D games tend to feel too stiff.
  11. reaverz

reaverz

I have, since Azurill is available early in Black2/White2. And it will continue to happen in Gen VI unless Azurill's gender ratio is changed from 25/75 male/female to 50/50 like its evolved forms.
  12. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Okay good
    It was always bugging me that when it was brought up before people just mentioned the percentages
  13. eriados

eriados

lets have a look at that instant replay (open)

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 202-238 (41.3 - 48.67%) -- 20.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 202-238 (41.3 - 48.67%) -- 20.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    +1 252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 320-378 (65.43 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Salamence Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 265-312 (54.19 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    192 SpA Life Orb Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 207-243 (42.33 - 49.69%) -- 38.67% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Haxorus Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 282-333 (57.66 - 68.09%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom) in rain: 306-361 (62.57 - 73.82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    +2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 356-421 (72.8 - 86.09%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 241-285 (49.28 - 58.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 280-330 (57.25 - 67.48%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 356-422 (72.8 - 86.29%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 340-402 (69.52 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 297-351 (60.73 - 71.77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Overheat vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 306-361 (62.57 - 73.82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Overheat vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom) in sun: 459-541 (93.86 - 110.63%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 264-312 (53.98 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 270-318 (55.21 - 65.03%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom) in sun: 352-417 (71.98 - 85.27%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom) in sun: 337-397 (68.91 - 81.18%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252 SpA Choice Specs Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 213-252 (43.55 - 51.53%) -- 74.22% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom) in rain: 357-420 (73 - 85.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Choice Band Conkeldurr Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 416-492 (85.07 - 100.61%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD (custom): 364-429 (74.43 - 87.73%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    +2 252 Atk Life Orb Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 282-333 (57.66 - 68.09%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 142-169 (29.03 - 34.56%) -- 19.68% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
    +2 252 Atk Skill Link Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 210-245 (42.94 - 50.1%) -- 47.27% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

congrats you just made stall viable again

p.s. please don't do this

edit: did i mention this thing takes hits better than giratina
  14. SpaghettiWeegee

SpaghettiWeegee

I dunno how stupid it is, the Normal type has always been sort of neglected in terms of power and usefulness apart from early-game use, generally speaking. It seems a bit unfair, sure, but on principle, I like the thought of balancing the type somehow.

I like this idea. Seems like it could be a bit of an extreme weakness for certain Pokemon (like a Psychic type, for example-- having "Fear of Dark" would be like kicking it while it's down), but I do like the idea of having opponent-specific weaknesses that go beyond types.

That's hilarious. It's like a Vegeta ability!

These balancing ideas are crazy, and I can't help but like them because they put a greater emphasis on tactics and less on stats and, well, being ultra-powerful. That being said, I dunno if Game Freak intends to balance the game in this way, and I'd have my doubts if someone told me they were tomorrow (they haven't showed any real interest in that kind of thing in the, well, years the series has been around), but if they did, can you imagine how game changing some of this would be? Suddenly, using objectively "weaker" Pokemon becomes part of a strategy! It's like FEAR Rattata for everyone!
  15. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

I'd always like to suggest and speculate on naming desired 'new' attack, but I just end up sounding like a dork. K, a big dork :pirate:
  16. b2j135

b2j135

b-b-b-but I'm black! just check out my channel :p
    BTW it was just a joke lol, but it is VERY ODD if you look at those clues...just saiyan
  17. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

It can take a super effective stab choice band superpower hit from a Conkeldurr and not die. Oh baby.
  18. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

Hey has anyone placed their ideas about the legendary typings? I think yvetal will be dragon/dark and xernius will be grass/steel
  19. Yanmega0909

Yanmega0909

This might not add to the conversation much at all, but I see new typing suggestions (fire/water) being suggested all across the thread, and I think most people would like a wider variety of typings. I was wondering what the approximate number of new typing combinations are added each gen , has it been decreasing?. Can we expect to see more than a few new typing combos this Gen?
    I have counted ~ 16 new typing combos introduced in Gen five but was wondering if anyone had the other gens counted.
  20. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yes, they have. Many times.
  21. labarith

labarith

I think the meta is fairly balanced now... these are abilities that allow for power creep while allowing some new strategy moves.

I kind of like Indifference, as I could totally see being ambushed by a starly when my first pokemon is, say, my excellent typed, fully EVed, BST650 pokemon, and that pokemon saying "Really?" and just getting back in it's ball, forcing out your 2nd pokemon. Since it would only activate when an opponent switches into play, you could always switch it back, or have it come in after whatever was switched in switches out...

The thrust of it, though, is that if your opponent switches to, say, a wall, they've timewalked you which is pretty obscenely tough. The ability also makes entry hazards more dangerous... but that's not exactly a good selling point...

That said, I could see GF giving us an Ice/Fire with like crazy stats and this ability...
    Pyrofrost Fire/Ice Overconfidence 130/150/130/80/130/80

To which your opponent gets up Stealth Rocks and then brings in their wall, which shifts him... meaning it'll take obscene SR damage when it comes back... and it can always be shifted by a wall again... :)
  22. The LoudWendle

The LoudWendle

The grid system is what i would consider a staple of a pokemon game alongside a turn based battle system and the linear route progression. Though I've always wondered if the linear route progression can be changed in to more of an open world game. Shame there is no ROM hacking community here.
  23. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Gen I: Normal, Normal/Flying, Fire, Fire/Flying, Fighting, Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Poison, Water/Psychic, Water/Ice, Water/Flying, Grass, Grass/Poison, Grass/Psychic, Poison, Poison/Ground, Poison/Flying, Electric, Electric/Flying, Ground, Ground/Rock, Psychic, Rock/Water, Rock/Flying, Ice/Psychic, Ice/Flying, Bug, Bug/Flying, Bug/Poison, Bug/Grass, Dragon, Dragon/Flying, Ghost/Poison (33)

Gen II: Normal/Psychic, Fire/Rock, Water/Electric, Water/Ground, Water/Dragon, Grass/Flying, Electric/Steel (Magnemite and Magneton), Ground/Flying, Psychic/Flying, Rock, Rock/Dark, Ice/Ground, Bug/Steel, Bug/Rock, Bug/Fighting, Ghost, Dark, Dark/Flying, Dark/Ice, Dark/Fire, Steel/Ground, Steel/Flying (22)

Gen III: Fire/Fighting, Fire/Ground, Fighting/Psychic, Water/Grass, Water/Dark, Grass/Dark, Grass/Fighting, Ground/Dragon, Ground/Psychic, Rock/Psychic, Rock/Grass, Ice, Bug/Water, Bug/Ground, Bug/Ghost, Dragon/Psychic, Dark/Ghost, Steel, Steel/Rock, Steel/Psychic (20)

Gen IV: Normal/Water, Fire/Steel, Fighting/Steel, Water/Steel, Flying (Arceus), Grass/Ground, Grass/Ice, Poison/Dark, Poison/Fighting, Electric/Ghost, Ice/Ghost, Ghost/Flying, Ghost/Dragon, Steel/Dragon (14)

Gen V: Normal/Grass, Normal/Fighting (Meloetta), Fire/Psychic, Water/Ghost, Grass/Steel, Electric/Fire, Electric/Ice, Electric/Grass (Rotom forms), Ground/Dark, Ground/Electric, Ground/Ghost, Rock/Fighting, Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric, Dragon/Ice, Ghost/Fire, Dark/Fighting, Dark/Steel, Dark/Dragon (21)
  24. Basileus

Basileus

^gen IV took it to the max, lol.
  25. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I think we have somewhere around 40-45ish type combos that aren't used yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)