1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk

Found this on DeviantArt. Full color type combinations have not been used yet. Half color type combinations have been used, but not in that order.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I didn't take the time to count them, but hey, it's nice to have anyway.
  2. Basileus

Basileus

There are 136 types combos unused (counted)

Quite a bit more then 40, lol.
  3. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

That's kind of the problem right there. It could be abused way too easily. Face it, if your opponent has a Blissey, the battle essentially becomes 6 v. 5. Also, the point of pokemon is to start off with weak pokemon and level them up through the story, gradually encountering stronger pokemon. Some pokemon are weak on purpose, that's why they evolve. It's not right to try and cater to the weaker pokemon, because they're supposed to be weak. That's why Dragonite and Alakazam (among others) got seriously buffed this gen, because GameFreak caters to the strong pokemon.

Tl;dr - if you wanna use weak pokemon, play NU
  4. sickweare

sickweare

I counted 74.
  5. labarith

labarith

Chansey is OU, your "argument" is the insane ramblings of someone who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag, and you should feel bad.

You don't have to like my idea, but I think it's a mistake to suggest that having a wall on your team is "situationally broken"... or that this ability is bad because it makes your opponent switch into a wall you might have an answer for...
  6. Basileus

Basileus

there are a lot that are kinda light, I counted those too.
  7. TheQuagsireFactor

TheQuagsireFactor

When 4th gen was first announced with Diamond and Pearl, what were people speculating the third game was going to be at the time? I don't remember and I was just thinking earlier today that platinum is not something I would've ever thought of.
  8. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Nidoking can have babies, what's wrong is that Nidoran-F can, but not Nidorina nor Nidoqueen, since GSC.

God, that idea's amazing.

And lovely tags. Absolutely uncalled for, but lovely. In a sense.

...Ok nevermind, the tags weren't uncalled for in the slightest. Your post is bad and you should feel bad.
  9. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

As of January Chansey is UU. Perhaps you shouldn't be insulting other people when your insults apply to yourself more than anyone else.
  10. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Mad, mad love
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I agree that that guy is wrong and being an asshole about it, but technically speaking, Chansey was auto-banned and is now in BL.
  11. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Mad, mad love
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I agree that that guy is wrong and being an asshole about it, but technically speaking, Chansey was auto-banned and is now in BL, which makes him OU for all intents and purposes. That guy is still being a dick about it though.
  12. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

(Fire) Opal, as it's a precious gemstone (I think) and matches Giratina's color scheme.
  13. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Psychic should be 95

We are long overdue with a Psychic/Dark. I'd like it to be a Kirlia evolution
  14. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

Of all the Pokemon that could get evolutions, I think Kirlia would be one of the least likely seeing as it already has two evolutions, and the only Pokemon that has more than 2 evolutions to date is Eevee (duh) and Tyrogue (which was done by adding Tyrogue, not the evolutions). Thematically it could make some sense with a psychic/fighting/dark triangle thing, so I guess it's a little more likely than Snorunt getting another evolution. That being said, I don't expect it to ever happen.

EDIT: @ Nyara

Welcome aboard the Dunspace Evolution train. Final stop, trollfreak-would-never-be-so-cool-land.
  15. Nyara

Nyara

I want a Dunsparce evolution, he's cute, and I think GF can make him an even cutest evolution! That's all I'm thinking...

[​IMG]
    - Art by Nanaga

It can be... Normal/Dragon? That could be funny and interesting for Dunsparce.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

But but but...Whimsicott is a...mamodo veggie lamb or tar...veggie lamb of tar..of tar...of tartary...
    DAYUM, HOW MANY MY LITTLE PONY DOLLS DID IT TAKE TO MAKE THAT STUPID WEAVE, GURRL??!

New thought. The cycling road is going to be a portion(or the entirety) of the Tour de France! omigodomigodomigod. I'm psychic.
  17. labarith

labarith

What?

How did this happen?
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/chansey

Did they just ban Eviolite?

Those &*^&**ards! I'm glad I primarily play wifi battles then...
  18. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

why would the Eviolite be banned?
  19. Nyara

Nyara

Chansey gets banned and unbanned from UU a lot, as it's OU's usage is really BL (passing and not passing the cut by a small number), so, it's ok if it's BL. I don't feel it broken for UU, but that's another thread.

I'm still wanting more love for Dunsparce.
  20. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

It wouldn't and they didn't. They banned CHANSEY from UU because Chansey is a ridiculously bulky mixed wall (especially on the special side) that pretty much everyone realized UU was better without as soon as Chansey took its short stint in OU. Chansey basically rendered any special attackers on your team useless the instant it appeared on your opponents team soooo yeah. No one really wanted it back in the tier after it left it.

Also I'm pretty sure you completely misinterpreted Jolteon Bandit's post labarith, though I can't honestly puzzle out what he DID mean. It was kind of poorly communicated.

Anyway, that's off topic. As pointless as the speculation on this thread is, at least it's relevant to the topic at hand.
  21. labarith

labarith

Well... I know they were threatening to do so because Chansey and porygon2 were "so good"... but maybe that was just BS...

But mysteriously, Chansey's been moved to BL... because... uh... not enough people were using it in OU??? Maybe "best special wall in the game" isn't good enough for OU because it doesn't have a good attack stat?

Anyways, I hope Eviolite gets an attacking partner for XY.

I also kind of hope Smogon adopts the 1x of each item rule... The thought of more than one choice scarf scares me...

Edit: Oh, I confused BL with NU. BL just is the lowest tier of OU, so it doesn't matter to me.

That said, if Smogon thinks XY needs to give Chansey Wish, Normal-Turn, and Regenerator... who am I to argue. :)
  22. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

I usually use item clause on my own teams, generally you only need 1x of each item if your using a general team, with the exception of leftovers for wallish teams and occassionally life orb and the choice items. Gen 5 introduced us to new gimmick items that can be useful like eject button and red card, but its just not enough, I dont see the item clause rule being enforced anytime soon, scarfers generally arent using priority anyway so multiple scarfers arent really invincible just annoying
  23. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

I'm well aware that they didn't, and that it won't be.

what the hell are you talking about?
  24. cocoon

cocoon

Yeah, I know mr. logic. -points to last post-
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I believe Topaz was also a popular guess
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)