1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

There's going to be a gym that takes place in the Louvre, and this generation's gymless town will be in the wine country.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

brb posting to 2ch to make it legitimate

edit: *gasp* guys what if the sheer frenchness of the region causes Smeargle to finally evolve
    He's arty and has a beret!He's like 50% there come on gf make him have reasonable attack stats
  3. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Why would you want someone like Smeargle to have good attack stats? That is just asking for trouble.
  4. Bunselpower

Bunselpower

Holy crap, that would be instant overpower.

I don't really understand the whole need to add evolutions on to stuff. Some of them were great, but some they just seemed to add on for the heck of it. Probopass? Magmortar? Not good things. Honchkrow? Sweet. One of the better designs ever.

I think Smeargle's pretty complete in the design. I liked the concept and still do, it's still one of the cooler concepts out there, don't ruin it.
  5. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

"Reasonable" meaning "not a total joke"
    20 base attack makes his wide array of attacking options useless. Sunkern has higher attacking stats.
    At least up it to...i dunno 45? 50? Still bad but not pitiful
  6. Magik

Magik

i hope gamefreak evolves (devolves, add baby form) pokemon that need an evolution and not waste it, like rhydon e.e

pokemon that needs evos: chatot, dunspace ack prolly more but im typing so late at night .-.
    i also wish for surskit to get another evo, like another chain not an evolution from masquerain something like frosslass
  7. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

A pokémon that needs an evo: Breloom

Because Game Freak's love for the mushroom is obvious and they need to give it something new in XY
  8. Nyara

Nyara

Oh, yeah, let me post about a Breloom evolution on 2ch, din't think about it, good idea, thanks for it.

By the way, I don't know why I'm foreseen a debuff to Technician, don't know why, but I'm feeling it.
  9. sandstreamftw

sandstreamftw

No! Just no, Breloom is fine, just the way it is. It would be overpowered with an added evolution.
  10. Belbazoar

Belbazoar

What would a Breloom evo even look like?
  11. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Just the thought of Eviolite Breloom scares me.

[​IMG]

Kricketune and Chatot both get a new music oriented move, and evolve when they level up with it.

Speaking of Kricketune, I love his design but I wish he wasn't absolutely useless.
  12. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

@Yveltal Tour de france changes every year, don't know if there's something like a fixed stage, and it uses ordinary roads, so it would kinda break the usual bike only route, I think they will do as usual, maybe they'll put the bike road between a town high on a mountain and the capital, so it starts snowing as you go higher. Whatever they have in store for us I think none of us will have predicted it. Maybe we'll get evolutions and a baby for tauros and miltank, because you know there's no big deal of animals in europe that they haven't based pokemon on already. Best reluce on history and pure imagination to think on what would they do.

Edit: Also dont know who said this a long ago about finding a lonely musician then adding more members until you get an orchestra, make them pokemon or people dressed as pokemon and you could get yourself the town musicians of bremen working.
  13. Mario With Lasers

Breloom has been "fine the way it is" since its debut. Now go and tell Game Freak that, I'm sure they will listen to you and not make it even better in XY.
  14. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Would love to see a Sunflora evolution with Grass/Fire type, looking something like this Fakemon art I found:
    [​IMG]

possible stat spread:
    85/75/90/120/90/20
    I was thinking the plantpot design would boost its defences by a lot, but lower its speed at the same time. (Choice Specs, Stab, Solar Power boosted Solarbeam and Fire Blast (If it were to get that move) could wreck stuff up.)
  15. Basileus

Basileus

Why is everyone so obsessed with making more evolutions!? They did exactly that in gen IV and it gets so much hate, what makes VI any different???
  16. Enraikou

Enraikou

17. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Because some pokemon in their current forms are unusable, and I've never heard hate about gen IV evolutions. Many of the evolutions were big improvements, and not one of them went on to become overpowered. They were simply improvements, and a positive addition.
  18. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

No, Gen IV recieved hate because it introduced more pointless "baby" forms. I don't remember anyone hating Gen IV evolutions.
  19. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

I heard a few complaints here and there about the huge number of evolutions in Gen 4. Some people said they wanted more "normal" (legendaries as well as evolutions and pre-evolutions are apparently exempt from "normal" in these complaints) Pokemon.

A good rule of thumb to follow is no one is ever fully satisfied with anything.
  20. shockwave527

shockwave527

Am I the only one who thinks this generation's region needs more towns? Last gen, until the very end once you got past the hometown and the next one, pretty much every place you went was a city with a gym. The map made me feel it was so linear, unlike my favorite (gen 3), and everywhere basically had 1 or 2 exits each leading directly to a destination, which was the next gym. The towns are what characterize the region. Just think of that flower-town in gen 4, or fallarbor town, or pacifidlog town? One of my favorite places in Unova was that town on the bridge, and I'd really wish they'd have more of those DURING the story.
  21. Blazi

Blazi

Baby pokemon are pretty useless, except for completing a pokemon's evolution cycle or for giving a new move, like Wynaut. The evolutions in Gen IV were pretty much needed for some pokemon (Tangela, Yanma, Murkrow, Piloswine, etc) or not exactly needed (Magnezone, Rhyperior to some extint). I don't think people really hate new evolutions, I thought they hated the designs. Evolutions like Magmortar and Magnezone killed the evolution line for me to be honest. Magmar was awesome, and then it evolved into some fat duck with a bazooka....
  22. Jean mi

Jean mi

I agree, that was my thoughts when I played White although it was a bit better in B2/W2.
  23. shockwave527

shockwave527

What if Gamefreak read all of this and decided to use all of our ideas for gen 7? Never going to happen, but...
  24. Mario With Lasers

If they ever read what people commented on these threads, I'd have had my Stall Regigigas, Ice type resisting Dragon, Snow Warning Kyurem and Harisama already :|
  25. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

I agree with you. I felt kinda offset by unova's linearity as well. Try tracing your path through the main story of a pokemon game in a generation other than 5. You'll notice large amounts of backtracking to go to new areas, later-game areas blending in right next to early game areas, and lots and lots of stylish, well defined and unique towns.
    Unova has the uniqueness, and I like the different music for each city, but I wish it was like gen 3 where you're exploring the sea, trudging through the wilderness by the halfway point, and each town not necessarily being "connected" at first.

Hms really are still needed, because they allow setpieces such as crossing the sea to find new lands, or breaking a rock to to discover the many locales hidden behind it. Ever gen other than unova had this sense of exploration, and while it's a relief to not have to use hms, I still wish there was a gen where you were required to do something such as cross a vast ocean or a huge jungle, with maybe a town and a rest stop somewhere inside, and after getting to the other side, you have a whole new place to explore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)