1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Hey, at least they don't look like digimon (actually, no pokemon looks like a digimon.)
  2. czechm8

czechm8

As a lover of hail I really hope that game freak buffs it the defense boost to ice types would be welcome, Kyurem with his already good bulk would be a lot more impressive. The defense boost seems unlikely though, but a new snow warning mon would be nice, especially since now we had two sun, sand, and rain summoning mons.
  3. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Lol, here here. Anyone for E-vire being the lovechild of a bloated space alien, tiger and Electabuzz after a gym workout (aka MrUgly?).

Magnezone was just f*ed-the-wrong -way robot style, simples.
  4. Infernis

Infernis

The last thing we need is Rhydon with 591 attack from the start with freedom of move choice. 558 SpAtk Magneton could be neat.

Or -god forbid- Krabby. He'd come out of the gates with 508 attack, with the option of using either Agility or Swords Dance (or both!) to become completely unstoppable. That's right. More than Deoxys-A. You'd have to hope to kill him before his speed rose, or revenge kill him with priority. Throw in Superpower or Sheer Force Rockslide and Crabhammer, and not much resists you.

Krabby for Ubers 2013!
  5. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

this is so obviously wrong

yet strangely i want it to happen
  6. labarith

labarith

1. Smogon really needs to adopt the 1x item clause.
    2. Giving Knock Off or Thief Priority would solve a lot of problems...
    3. If it's "wrong" because it would be good, then it's not wrong.

Maybe an eviolite that increases attack and special attack and speed by 25% each?

That said, Ubers Krabby sounds too hard to resist... and completely implausible. Increase it's attack and special attack by 200% and it's still OHKOed by so many things...
  7. Infernis

Infernis

Hmm. You'd have to have Blissey or Chansey pass it a substitute or something. Its defenses are slightly higher than those of Deoxys-A. Not to mention that Crabhammer would become truly fearsome with Friend Kyogre in the wings.
  8. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

As cool as it sounds, Blissey can't pass subs. :(

Although if Blissey learns Baton Pass this gen... :O
  9. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt it's might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

No.
  10. Infernis

Infernis

Wait a second... Kyogre can have max 438 SpAtk, and a rain boosted Water Spout has an effective power of 337.5. Krabby's Crabhammer comes off of 508 Atk and and has an effective base power of 202.5. Ignoring Choice Specs, which would blow Krabby out of the ocean...

Crabhammer from Krabby would deal an average of 8,410 damage (including raised crit chance) to a minimum defense level 5 Sunkern.

Water Spout from Kyogre would deal an average of 7,586 damage (including standard crit chance) to a minimum defense level 5 Sunkern.

And a wounded Kyogre would do even less. That's just ridiculous.

EDIT: That Blissey pass thing was a serious derp. But any huge substitute passing would be enough. Blissey with Baton pass... that'd be amazing.
  11. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

[​IMG]

This is a red lionfish. Do I hear you say it looks like a Pokémon? Duh, of course it does. It's resembling Lumineon to some degree, but is different enough to pass as an entirely different species, especially if it was given some wonky colour scheme. It's also venomous. Water/Poison anyone?

...oh.

[​IMG]

Spiky design, poisonous, lacks evolutionary relatives, is badass but underperforming...

Please, GameFreak? Please?
  12. czechm8

czechm8

This. Maybe even a branch evo where he can turn into an offensive lionfish and a defensive stonefish.
  13. x42bn6

x42bn6

One thing I'd like to see are more "tricks" around the types - things that ignore the type charts. For example, Hyper Voice would be a candidate for a move that affects Ghosts. Or Acid [Spray] should be able to affect Steels (maybe even be super effective).

Heck, maybe Game Freak could rework Acid Spray by boosting its base power to 80 and giving it a 30% chance to burn... Actually, nah.
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

Bugzapper:
    ELECTRIC
    Super effective against bug types
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

Maybe it's because there's a mild pattern in between generations. Gen II was an expansion to Gen I, with a handful of extra evolutions and preevolutions. Gen IV, the next even numbered generation, was made to be an expansion to the pokemon world by adding even more evolutionary stages to preexisting pokemon. People are starting to think that since Gen III and Gen V advertised a fresh start where you would find little to absolutely no old pokemon and that Gen II and Gen IV were more of expansions, even-numbered generations seem likely to add to old evolutionary routes.
    People were just unhappy with the majority of the choices for evolution in Gen IV. They might make some more appealing choices this time around.
  16. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Since we're kind of talking about abilities, I think a cool one would be an ability that allows a boosting move to be twice as effective. For instance, a pokemon using Dragon Dance would get a two stage boost to Atk and Spd. Using Agility or Swords Dance would net a 4 stage increase in that stat. However, I'm not saying this should go on an OU type pokemon by any stretch. I think it should go on something with Spinda type stats. That would be a way to make "weaker" pokemon more accessible in the meta.

There's Snover too lol. But seriously...

Snow Warning - 2 (Smogon lists Abomasnow and Snover)
    Sand Stream - 3 (TTar, Hippopotas, Hippowdon)
    Drought - 2 (Groudon, Ninetales)
    Drizzle - 2 (Kyogre, Politoed)

It isn't that unbalanced. I do agree that they need some sort of boost, maybe not in defense either. Maybe something like a gain in an offensive stat (Atk maybe) would be helpful. While weather starters aren't unbalanced, the benefits of weather are. We talked about this earlier, but I think it's a big deal that GF hasn't buffed hail despite having 3 ice legendaries last gen.
  17. labarith

labarith

That exists.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/abilities/simple
  18. BattleStar

BattleStar

What do you guys think is the area that can most be improved in Pokemon? What would you change or add to this generation to make it better. It can be any aspect from moves to storyline.
  19. labarith

labarith

See pages 1-105.:pirate:
  20. RegiFlame150

RegiFlame150

Lol electivire

Anyways, i hope they introduce a pokemon that can abuse some underused moves. I dont know if anyone sees this differently, but it felt like some new moves were really underpowered and underused in gen V (besides scald). Bulldoze, flame charge, etc. all felt less used than earlier moves. That's just my opinion
  21. Blazen

Blazen

How about some new boosting moves? I came up with two:

Focus Power - Psychic/15 PP - Increase Accuracy, and Special Attack one stage.

Careful Aim - Normal/15 PP - Increase Accuracy, and Critical Hit Rate 2 stages. Decrease Speed 1 Stage.

I think Focus Power would be better than Hone Claws because there would be more Pokemon and Attacks that can take advantage of it. Accuracy and Power boosted Thunders, Fire Blasts, and Blizzards would really come in handy. I wonder if the Speed drop on Careful Aim renders it useless. I just don't want to risk making something overpowered through Crit boosted Outrages.

One other move that has a way of adding an interesting status effect:

Turn Against - Dark/15PP/75% Accuracy - Target becomes disobedient. Disobedience lasts 2-5 turns, or until the disobedient Pokemon switches out. Disobedience is passed with Baton Pass. Disobedience is not affected by Gym Badges.

Also, 2 Choice items I though of:

Choice Scope - Increase Accuracy and Crit Rate by 30%. Locked into first used move.

Choice bell - Holder recovers 15% of it's health each turn. Locked into first used move.
  22. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It would be no more broken than Focus Energy. In fact it would be less broken than Focus Energy because now there's a punishment for using it.
  23. Enraikou

Enraikou

I dont wanna see sheer cold/fissure spam
  24. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

OHKO moves aren't affected by accuracy & evasion.
  25. Blazen

Blazen

OHKO moves ignore accuracy boosts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)