1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Yeah, on Serebii's Fakemon page you can see a few other predicted designs for an evolution of "Pochama (Piplup)".

On a related note, I'm loving the evolution predictions for Froakie and Chespin specifically.

I mean, this looks like the freaking Avatar:
    Freaking Avatar (open)
    [​IMG]

And this looks like a tank:
    Tank (open)
    [​IMG]

I haven't seen any Fennekin designs that have stood out, honestly. But based on the trends I'm seeing in concept art, which sometimes is fairly close to the real design, I think I'm going to be content with Froakie and Chespin's evolutions. I mean, who doesn't like a hulking mole-tank or a wiseman-frog? :3
  2. Basileus

Basileus

Nintendo: Alright gentlemen, we need good designs for the new Pokemon starter's evolutions!

Suggestion 1: "we should make it similar to the fan art on smogon!"
    (executives unimpressed)

Suggestion 2: "How about a bunch of crap that will make the fanbase cry blood?"
    (executives are so impressed the give promotions)

Basically how it goes down....
  3. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

@shockwave527

Oh I know, but damn it's a good fake. If not for the toenails being slightly off, the thing would be perfect.

@inanimate blob
    Holy crap that Chespin evolution looks badass. Doesn't look very grass-like though, but if the final design looked anything like that I'd be all over it.

That Froakie evolution looks pretty awesome too, and almost looks like a geniune Ken Sugimori artwork to boot. Whoever drew those two is pretty damn talented.
  4. Redless

Redless

The hypothetical Chespin evo also looks suspiciously like an Excadrill.
  5. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I remember a lot of people were pretty close to the official evolutions with the Oshawott and Snivy fanart. I feel like that might be the case again. They tend to make the Fire types very different looking from their base form, at least since Gen 3.
  6. Furosuto

Furosuto

Actually.... Now that I look at the, "clouds" on Froakies back, they look kinda like soap bubbles to me now.......

Pure water type then? Oh gamefreak, how you would so do something like that.
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

I thought somewhere they had already said that they were bubbles...
  8. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Who's "they"?
  9. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Back to page 3 or so somebody explained how froakie's french name contained part of the word foam (in french of course) making it sort of a mixture between frog and foam

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android
  10. Aurinko

Aurinko

Metagross will get Shift Gear and everything's fine once again.
  11. Jean mi

Jean mi

French name is "grenousse" from "Grenouille" : frog and "Mousse" : foam
    The fact that the white thing is foam makes perfect sense then :).
  12. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

I always like pokemon real designs more then fake fanarts.

Muk needs some love D: it's a puddle of mud, but I like that puddle of mud! One of my favs, suprisingly. Oh, and would like to see a link between ditto and mew, which were speculations about. does love options with dna thing. Ditto, mew, mewtwo.

I second everything you said as fellow hail team player. We kinda need a new snow warning pokemon, a water-ice one would be cool. Just wondering if kyurem would stay OU with the def boost.

Also, would there be a way to make Sawk OU worthy? Any ideas? Would really love to use sawk in OU, or maybe an evo with a 10th dan or something. Any ideas peoples?

Also Poliwrath needs more love.

I share ya love for sawk and throh!
  13. Fokko

Fokko

This might be kinda stupid, but does anyone else miss ribbons?

I just love looking at my transfered 'mons with their old Hoenn ribbons on them ... I hope they'll bring them back in X/Y
  14. Pokesal

Pokesal

Some people are speculating that a Digital type is being released in Pokemon X and Y.
  15. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

People are also speculating Light/Saint type or Sound type, too. Stuff like this happens every generation, the first fifty pages or so cover our reactions to it.
  16. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

There's are pages and pages about the digital type and light type, I suggest you read the first pages so we don' have to expose oÃ*r point of view yet again, for those new to the thread, read this.

Things previously debated in this thread:

New types addition: Light/Saint and Digital

Starters secondary typing matching a second type triangle in order to compensate main type weakness against rival starter.

Game taking place in Europe.

Character Customization possibility.

Posible new type combinations to come, overused, underused and unused type combinations with examples of pokemon with diverse stats (such like a steel/ghost haunted medieval armor)

Posibility of new evolutions added to pokemon that currently dont have either evolutions or preevolutions.

Diverse Entry Hazard and new altered status.

General nerf/buff to overused and underused pokemon.

Integrating 3DS Pedometer and other features of the console into the game.

If the topic you want to talk about is in this list, please read the previous pages (even though you should have done it)

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android
  17. Pokesal

Pokesal

Oh, I saw those speculations. I just didn't see anyone talk about a digital type.
  18. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

What's left to talk about then? People can post whatever they want on this forum, as long as it's related to X and Y. People who are new to the thread aren't going to go through 109 walls of text just to see if someone else has already mentioned their thoughts.
  19. Pokesal

Pokesal

Thank you. Actually, I'm not really new to the thread. I've looked at a lot of the pages. But I didn't find everything you mentioned and I'm not going to see if what I said has been mentioned.

Also, a Dunsparce evolution sounds awesome.
  20. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I agree. I don't know why it didn't have an evolution in the first place.
  21. Basileus

Basileus

Maybe dunsparce is just meant to suck? I would like an evolution too, but idk maybe dunsparce is just one of those Pokemon that isn't supposed to evolve...
  22. Pokesal

Pokesal

I sure hope it does evolve. It has a lot of potential. I saw fan artwork for an evolution of Dunsparce a few pages back (don't remember how many pages back) and it was amazing.
  23. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Maybe something like this, with Normal/Dragon or Normal/Ground, or just plain Normal?
    [​IMG]
  24. Pokesal

Pokesal

In the mean time, I might as well restart Pokemon White 2 while I am waiting for Pokemon X and Y to be released.
  25. labarith

labarith

Initially, I thought they were pointless. But after not having them in BW, I really want them back.

When you don't have access to wifi, and have already leveled up your team, it'd be nice to be able to improve a team member by giving it a new ribbon or something.

Furthermore, a lot of people have advocated a "2nd runthrough" w/o resetting. The way I see it, ribbons could be useful here. You should have the option to retake the gym battle challenge w/ a team of 6 guys below level 10. Maybe they get a temporary "ribbon" denoting this that prevents them being traded.

Anyways, after beating the elite 4 with them, you'd get a ribbon denoting that you beat the elite 4 (ob), but also one that says you completed the challenge. Your initial e4 team, perhaps, gets a different ribbon for the first completion of the game? These ribbons would be fairly rare - especially if you have 2 regions (like G/S), perhaps one a singles, and the 2nd a doubles - this would be really cool, as you could play the game through again with either format, and it'd be fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)