1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanchezasaurus

Sanchezasaurus

I agree that Hoenn probably will have the most evolutions, as it has been relatively untouched (only 6 eevos/preevos) and has plenty of mons that have potential to have new evolutions. I could definitely see Tropius, Seviper/Zangoose, Mawile, and Spinda getting evolutions (I especially look forward to an evo for Tropius, always loved that design).
  2. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

That digital type is clearly a fake. When is the next corocoro expected?
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

within the next week
    maybe the 10th?!
  4. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

for those puzzling over fennekin's name pun

spoilers i guess (open)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox
  5. Charro

Charro

Actually the source was in spanish since I'm argentinian, but I think it was from a legit source, I'll try to find something.

EDIT: well I can't find it
  6. King Serperior

King Serperior

I have just one thing to say:

When I first saw Y (The bird), my first thought was this:

[​IMG]
  7. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

My friend, that is beautiful.
  8. R_N

R_N

I remember someone saying it was Aerial Ace, not Night Slash or Shadow Claw

[​IMG]
    taking a better look at it, I think I agree. The background slice is pretty spot-on for BW2 AA but with purple streaks
  9. Sciztar

Sciztar

If they make a DNA or Digital type, I think that would include Pokemon being created by humans or had DNA manipulation
  10. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Or it could be Night Slash, or something like Evil Ace. (Dark Aerial Ace, anyone?)
  11. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

May be real. I would actually enjoy it. As we advance in technology, it only makes sense that pokemon do to. I do agree that they should be robotic or humanly engineered pokemon.
  12. Decibelle

Decibelle

I'd say that considering how accurate the rumor was - and how useful a change would be - that it seems somewhat likely this is the case.

What if X and Y are Something/Digital?
  13. Pippy

Pippy

It would be cool, but I doubt they'd do that. As it is, we already have plenty of man-made Pokemon (Mewtwo, Porygon line, Genesect, etc) that make sense without digital type.
  14. reaverz

reaverz

[​IMG]

That's a screencap of Aerial Ace's animation in Black2/White2. Chespin's attack on Golurk matches the background precisely, and the way it slashes down and then up in a diagonal fashion matches the way Aerial Ace is animated in Gen 4 and 5.

It's 99% likely to be Aerial Ace.
  15. The Reptile

The Reptile we're all skeletons on the inside
    is a Pre-Contributor

Yeah, looking at it better (plus, seeing on repeat) it's almost 100% positively Aerial Ace, especially if you consider that it has the same slashing motions are Aerial Ace (down then up), plus the background thing. Also, the purple streaks aren't the actual attack (I actually have no idea what it's suppose to be though.), rather it being the white line, which is more on-par with Aerial Ace than Night Slash/Shadow Claw.
    This means that either
    a) Chespin's line will end up being Grass/Flying and we continue with the theory that the second move they excecute is their second STAB (which isn't unlikely, as Chespin could evolve into a flying squirrel)
    -or-
    b) Their second move is not a secondary STAB, meaning that anything goes with their type (The Fennekin line is still most likely going to end up being Fire/Psychic though due to Confusion / Psywave not being a common move given to non-Psychic pokemon, especially a starter pokemon. This makes it unlikely to me due to the fact that it's a bit odd that only Fennekin shows his second STAB / Chespin being the only one to not show his second STAB)
    Both of these tell us nothing about Froakie's typing, and don't change much about Fennekin. Also, this makes my other theory pointless, which isn't saying much since it was pretty bullshity anyways.

EDIT:

My guess for their typings are Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric because I still think that the second move they use is their evolve form's secondary STAB. I say Water/Electric because I don't think there's a move like the one he used (meaning it's probably a new one) and it looks and sounds like an electric-type move. The whole "cloud" thing he has going makes me believe in Water/Electric more.
  16. Eos

Eos some people just want to see the world burn
    is a Battle Server Moderator

WELL, I already know what I want for Christmas this year!

pretty weird predictions tbh, but i completely agree with you on this Mekkah.

So yeah, the graphics look.. fucking incredible. The game looks cool, the starters seem really fun (fucking Froakie? are you kidding me? lmfao thats awesome), and I'm really excited for this gen!

Looks great!!

Edit: oh, thanks lucariojr! thats good to know actually.
  17. R_N

R_N

It's not real, though
  18. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Wait, what? How was that rumor at all accurate?
  19. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

20. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

Small rule: It's fake until Serebii posts it. See: Wottergate.
  21. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

22. Psyco_Josho

Psyco_Josho

My gut tells me that the silhouehette is too perfect to be real (there are no horizontal lines running through it, unlike the rest of the picture), and that it's too early for something like that to be revealed.
  23. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Anyone think of the x and y standing for something in binary code? Hence the possible digital type.
  24. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

That is what I figured, but thought it was at least worth bringing up.
  25. Zentrius

Zentrius

It's fake. Look at the cardboard around the silhouette. It looks lighter than the rest of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)