1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redless

Redless

Yes indeed. I wonder what stats the dragon would have? It probably wouldn't be that good due to dragon's poor se coverage, the eeveelutions generally poor coverage, and the plethora of competing dragon types. I do think it would be nice to get a new really good dragon type, as gen V introduced only Hydreigon and Haxorus, neither of which is that amazing.
  2. Deck Knight

Deck Knight Well-shuffled and flush
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

For people who don't think Eviolite of mons as strong as Skarmory, may I please remind you that Dusclops got an evolution in the very next generation. In fact, the Gen 4 Evolutions had previously existing Pokemon ranging from 430-490 BST, and Skarmory is right in the middle of that range. Dusclops had 10 less BST, if Skarm got a Dusclops-esque boost of +5 HP / +30 Atk / +5 Def / +5 SpA / +5 SpD / +25 Spe it'd be monstrous at 70/110/145/45/75/95.

Remember that Skarmory has both Swords Dance and Agility, and all it would really take to make "Skarmtress" dangerous is something like Drill Run or Superpower. It already has Brave Bird, Iron Head, and Rock Slide (and might get Stone Edge on an evo). On top of that you'd also have Eviolite Skarm running around. The scariest thing about a Skarmtress spread like that is it could run Skarmory's old set, save its Brave Bird was actually threatening to neutral opponents, it has better speed for Taunt, and it technically has even more bulk.
  3. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yup

Just imagine normal-normal eevee

He'd have to be pseudo-legendary or something
  4. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

I was intrigued by the draconic eevee, so i did a few calculations and found the best way to give it stats that compensate for the stats of the other eeveelutions.

HP - 130
    Atk - 110
    Def - 95
    SpA - 60
    SpD - 65
    Spe - 65
  5. labarith

labarith

Why are people even talking about evolutions for OU pokemon? I mean, I can see asking for another Steel/Flying type (offensive?), but flat out asking for Skamory to gain 20-50 base stats in relevant stats is just silly greed.

I mean, I don't see people asking for a Kyogre evolution, a Dragonite evolution, a Gyarados evolution, or the like. But Skarmory?

I could, in theory, see a pre-evolution for this... perhaps one designed to abuse eviolite or a variant... but that sounds horrible.
  6. xKYSx

xKYSx

that's basically a vaporeon clone except physical side instead of special.

personally I would rather see the dragon type eevee having a BST of something like this;

HP - 80
    Atk - 105
    Def - 70
    SpA - 105
    SpD - 70
    Spe - 95

and watch gamefreak troll it by not giving it outrage + dragon dance and unable to learn any element beams.
  7. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

all the Eevees are clones. They have the same stats just rearranged

I wouldn't mind a physical Jolteon for the dragon
    95/110/65/60/65/130
  8. Redless

Redless

I don't think such a Pokemon being competitively viable, especially with all the competing dragon types out there. That said, I think that gamefreak could make an eeveelution like this, with its irregular stat distribution, because it still has the same bst, and also because dragon is one of the more offensively mixed typings in Pokemon.
  9. Skeosh

Skeosh

What about a poison move like climate change (lol) or a Dark move called Havoc , where all weather forms are altered for 4-5 turns.

Rain becomes toxic and turns into acid rain (like above)
    Sun is blotted out. all benefiting abilities are reversed or halved
    Hail becomes larger and unstable damaging everything
    Sand becomes too heavy and settles causing all pokemon who move to make physical contact, have their speed halved

or something like that

This would actually be pretty fun and could be played around with to combine weather and said move to a players advantage.

Something that throws a wrench in weather teams plans would be hilarious
  10. shockwave527

shockwave527

Remembered a weather idea I had that I forgot about.

Tornado:
    Lowers flying type moves. In double/triple battles, the attack may not hit the intended target. Sometimes items may switch between pokemon.

Could be interesting, albeit not being viable in the slightest.
  11. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I would like to see a Rock / Poison, a Fire / Rock, and a Poison / Fire Pokemon, all three with Levitate and Recover. They will have a pretty unique set of resistances, bringing new potential to defensive combos. For example a Rock / Poison Pokemon with Levitate, Recover, and decent defensive stats (90/90/90) will be able to wall some dangerous 5th gen OU threats, namely Torn-T, Gliscor, Heatran, and Volcarona, as well as many special attackers in sand.

Why those 3 type combos? Because all three pair well with each other and with Levitate of 'course, and because those three types are very lacking in terms of good defensive OU pokemon. Not to mention the extra defensive attribute each of those types has (Fire: immune to burn, Poison: immune to Poison and Toxic, Rock: increased SpD under sandstorm).

EDIT: Oh and it isn't unheard of for a Rock-type to get Recover so i can still hope (Cradily, Magcargo, and Corsola).
  12. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Its weird how in the 1st gen Psychic was overpowered and now its a terrible type. I think it needs a little buff like a weather type move where sp.def is raised and psychic moves get a boost.
  13. shockwave527

shockwave527

Brainstorm?
  14. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Lol perfect
  15. Belbazoar

Belbazoar

Brainstorm sounds pretty awesome..
  16. Redless

Redless

Psychics would still be very weak to pursuit, but I would use brainstorm just because of its name.
  17. Scorpio

Scorpio

Quiet, GF may be looking!
  18. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

How about we discuss Sawks en Throhs posibbilities? What would be able to make them OU you guys think?

Evos maybe. Eviolite Throh?
  19. Nyara

Nyara

Well, Magcargo had Fire / Rock, Recover, and a great physical defense, and somewhat decent special defense (good behind sandstorm), and you can use it with Air Baloon, it's problem, sadly, is it's weakness to water, it can even take a Earthquake and survive, but it can't just take any water attack at all, unless it's behind sandstorm or sunny day, and that attack is not Hydro Pump, but even then he can't do too much against them, the idea was good, but it's weakness to water is too important to make it usable as wall at all, as in OU it's almost impossible to evade a powerful Dragon or water attack. :(

Even then, it's totally usable on even UU (walling like a king the spam of fire attacks on the tier good nice results, and walling almost any not-earthquake physical attack and burning the opponent) and with good results, but sadly, as any type weak to Stealth Rock, spinner, spinner, spinner, and you're entering on a spinner war, seriously, that stupid move make useless ANY defensive Pokémon with a weakness to it, it's just impossible to use their defensive prowess with the 25% or 50% of it's HP stripped for each switch-in.

If Air Baloon were avaible on the Gen. III, and it had Will-O-Whips by those time, I know Magcargo could be rised to at least UU or even OU, but sadly, Game Freak did give him both upgrades at the same time of introducing Stealth Rock, destroying it.

Articuno for example is able to wall a huge number of OU threats thanks to it's supreme defense, good speed, roost, and pressure, but sadly, like any Pokémon weak to Stealth Rock, it can't be used as wall because you can't wall things entering to the field with the half of your HP.
  20. conway

conway

Smell type. Would also fit the third legendary pokemon if it would truly be based of a serpent.
  21. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

Lol @ psychic being "weak". It's only the 2nd most used type in OU right now (9 pokemon) with approximately another 7 in UU...

GF has been treating psychics really well, they have 2 of the best type exclusive abilities (magic guard, magic bounce). Psychic pokemon tend to have great dual typings and great movepools as well to compliment their STAB's.

I'd rather GF started looking into buffing (in this order): Ice, dark, rock, grass, poison, bug and fire types!
  22. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Did you forget about Druddigon?

77/120/90/60/90/48
  23. shockwave527

shockwave527

Going of that:

SOUND TYPE: Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Chatot...
    SMELL TYPE: Nosepass, Probopass...
    TASTE TYPE: Gulpit, Likitung...
    TOUCH TYPE: Aipom, ambipom...
    SIGHT TYPE: Claydol, anything with eyes...

This WILL NOT HAPPEN and PLEASE DON'T LET IT HAPPEN
  24. Nyara

Nyara

Voice of reason.
  25. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

BRAND NEW AND EXCITING IDEA:

Fennekin evolves into a flying fox.
    (a large species of bat!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)