1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infernis

Infernis

BRAND NEW AND EXCITING IDEA:

Fennekin evolves into a fluffier and even whiter fox and suddenly turns mono-ice type for its final evolution. [​IMG]
  2. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

Infernis, I think I like your idea more XD
  3. shockwave527

shockwave527

BRAND NEW AND EXCITING IDEA:

Fennekin evolves to become a water type and then a grass type
    Froakie evolves to become a grass type and then a fire type
    Chespin evolves to become a legendary dragon of pure awesomeness who destroys all civilizaiton and replaces it with pizza

Thoughts?
  4. Nyara

Nyara

Maximum fun, that could be the best generation ever, also, all hail Chespin; the future Pizza Dragon!
  5. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

Serperior should've been half Dragon : (
    Don't bring back these thoughts I've repressed for so long

On another note, I really wish Gamefreak completely throws out the terrible idea that was the Dream World and just have all hidden abilities (easily) available in-game.
  6. shockwave527

shockwave527

Going to post an actual LIKELY prediction about XY.

There's A LOT here, so I decided to "hide" it so it didn't take up the whole page.
    Show Hide
    Let's look at some facts.
    There are 4 types of legendaries. Main legendaries, large-size legendaries (heatran, terrakion and such), humanoid legendaries (deoxys and such), and "cute" legendaries (or "pixie" legendaries).

Prediction Number 1
    Generation VI will have a "cute" legendary

Now lets take a look at these "cute" legendaries
    Five in specific (these all look similar, so I'm not counting Shaymin, and as well I will not count the lake trio as they are, as stated, a separate trio). The main one from each game.

Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Manaphy
    Victini

Without manaphy, look at the types.

Prediction Number 2
    Generation VI's "cute" legendary will be part psychic type

Remove mew.

All of these pokemon end in the "-y/-i/-ee" sound.

Prediction Number 3
    Generation VI's "cute" legendary will end in a "-y/-i/-ee" sound

Now take out Jirachi.
    These pokemon form a type triangle.
    See it?
    Grass.
    Fire.
    Water.

So what comes next?

Prediction Number 4
    Generation VI's "cute" legendary will be electric type
    Due to that being considered a fourth starter type by some.

Next. Lets take a gander at some pseudo-legends (plus one legend), otherwise referred to by me as the "smash bros legends". Specifically:

Mewtwo
    Lucario
    Zoroark

These complete another type triangle

Psychic
    Fighting
    Dark

Two have appeared in smash bros

Prediction Number 5
    Zoroark will be in the next Smash Bros
    I know this isn't XY, but it relates to my next point

Leading in to my next point

Prediction Number 6
    We will have a "smash bros legendary" in gen 6

But what about it's type? Well, one more type can go with that trio.

Prediction Number 7
    Generation VI's "smash bros legendary" will be ghost type

Legendary is not literal here, obviously. But something of similar shape and stature. And if not ghost, then:

Prediction Number 7.5
    If not ghost-type, generation VI's "smash bros legendary" will be flying type

Well?
  7. The Reptile

The Reptile we're all skeletons on the inside
    is a Pre-Contributor

You forgot Mew, and you have overlooked one major pattern they all share - Outside of Manaphy (And Shaymin, who I shall add because it's a 600 BST 100 all stats legendary "pixie"), they are all (part) psychic-type. This means that if Gen VI includes a "pixie" legendary (which it most likely will - all generations have included at least one), it will most likely be Psychic or part Psychic-type. As for the other typing, I am not seeing any relation between them, or how it's more likely to be Electric-, Dark-, or Fighting-type
  8. shockwave527

shockwave527

Well, first of all, when posting, I totally forgot celebi was Psychic, so I didn't not that, but that's a good thing to put down.

Similarly, I was thinking of primarily Jirachi as Psychic, in which case fighting and dark would fit, but now I am realizing that was not the smartest thought.

With electric, however, that COULD be considered one of the starting types (red/blue/green/YELLOW), so Electric/psychic pixie sounds like a possibility to me. I'd love that, as I am an electric fan.

And also, the reason I left out mew:
    I originally thought celebi was 3rd gen. I didn't realize my mistake until halfway through. So I was thinking they'd only done "cute" legendaries (not including mew) since gen 3, but when I realized that was wrong and changed it I didn't think to go back and add in mew.

EDIT: I edited the post, updating it.
  9. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561

So this is confirmed to be a new mechanic, and not a fancy way of presenting the friendship mechanics to new players.
  10. Jean mi

Jean mi

So all move are gonna work more or less like Return ? Why not ? I'm wondering how this is gonna work.
  11. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

Finally, something concrete.
    Although I'm not sure if I should be happy or terrified. Riding a bike back-and-forth to maximise happiness is not what I would call enjoyable. Hopefully it'll be drastically different than the current games.
  12. Jabroni

Jabroni

Awesome design. but even if they didn't use something exactly like it, you can't go wrong with dunsparce. I've largely had my fill of dragons, but normal dragon, with dsparce's low speed but high hp, could be cool. give it better offenses and slightly better defence. keep serene grace and you could have a fun tank/excellent trick room sweeper.
  13. Jabroni

Jabroni

Its probably not going to change competitive play (provided every pokemon is capable of the same bonuses). but it will make going through the storyline even easier than it already is, whilst also being more of an incentive to just use your starter instead of switching up your team more as you progress through the game. Which kind of sucks. But we still don't know the details of how its gonna work, so maybe it won't be terrible...

Idk if this has been covered already, but I'd love to see the difficulty mechanics in BW2 expanded upon. lets be able to chose a harder difficulty from the very beginning if we want. (higher levels and 1 extra pokemon for gym leaders was nice, but lets go further. They've already improved the AI for battle subway, hopefully the AI will be a lot more advanced for the 3ds, and we'll be really pushed by the elite four) Also, give us an ingame reason to train our pokemon up to level 100, it would be great to see a broader more challenging "post game".
  14. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

What I think will happen is this is a new way to possibly increase IV's. Game Freak must have received plenty of complaints from competitive/non-casual players about how hard it is to get legit perfect IV's. At lowest happiness, it could be 5 or 10, or even 1 IVs in every stat, which increase when the bond grows, to the IV maximum of 31 when it is at 255 happiness. Just a thought.

Also, I've probably made some mistakes or something with the values, since I don't know too much about IV's.
  15. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

I always found IVs weird in Pokemon. I know GF's line is that they make Pokemon more individual and unique, but who cares about that when you can have a super Pokemon that's the best at everything. I mean, to make a competitive team you have to spend a while breeding so as to create Master Races of Pokemon. Eugenics is not very kid friendly, you know.
  16. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

I like how IVs reward the dedicated players. You work hard and you get better Pokémon in return. I still want a system like that which rewards the good players but maybe not as complicated as IVs, have something interesting and fun
  17. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

18. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

@Nyara

Magcargo has an abysmal HP stat and lacks Levitate, all traits that i mentioned in my post. If it had a decent HP stat (80 or 90) and Levitate it would be at least usable in UU and RU imo. A Fire / Rock type needs Levitate in order to be viable in anything outside of NU, as two 4x weaknesses is too much to handle for any Pokemon, even more for a Pokemon weak to SR.

And while the water weakness is a big downside, it is not that important, as most Water-type moves are carried by Water-type Pokemon which you have no business dealing with anyway.
  19. Avatar Korra

When does the next CoroCoro come out?
  20. Zowayix

Zowayix

February 15th. But it usually leaks 2-3 days beforehand.
  21. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

So...what about this new "friendship mechanic" actually encouraging players to use their in-game team? Or instead of sitting and grinding for EVs, maybe you can change them up as you go, or maybe even you get brownie points for having dispersed EVs...

I dunno. Being a mainly in-game runner, I'd love for Game Freal to throw us a bone.
  22. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

Hey dudes, what about that every eeveelution gets an evo? Dem eviolite vaporeon :3

jk
  23. labarith

labarith

Sawk, I think, needs a Dragon Dance variant. If it got +1 to attack, +1 to speed, and +1 to accuracy (Stone edge fix), it'd be pretty silly. It's already got decent coverage, what with CC, SE, EQ, IP... sub IP or EQ for DDV, and it's pretty sick. Sturdy pretty much ensures it gets a DD off (at least on wifi triples), and that's pretty sweet!

Throh really needs Drain Punch... or, preferably, a suped up new signature move drain punch...

And yeah, giving him an evolution so he can have eviolite wouldn't be bad for him, but it would be bad for us since we'd get a crappy evolution that's worthless and no one wants...

I think pretty much they need to focus on making him a TR attacker, which is fairly easy.

Actually, I really want a new pokemon or x that do that. But the problem is the obscenely strong (or weak?) coverage movepool. Imagine Waterfall/FlameCharge/Leaf Blade... on the same pokemon with a decent statted pokemon...
  24. Basileus

Basileus

85%-90% of the time evolite doesn't do much to help a Pokemon, idk why everyone is begging for some Pokemon to evolve. The only way evolite would become OP is if Pokemon were allowed to hold 2 items, which will never happen.
  25. Yveltal

Yveltal

Here's a sliver of resoning I haven't seen yet.

Mantine and Skarmory were seen as parallels because they have the same BST and similarily distributed stats with one being oriented more for physical purposes and the other for specials.
    Gligar and Delibird were also seen as parallels, mostly because they were version exclusive parallels. They're stats weren't even (Gligar's BST is 100 points more than Delibird), but you still found them at roughly the same points in time in the game.

Originally, Skarmory and Delibird were only available in Silver.

Mantine and Gligar, the version exclusives of Gold, were both given an addition to their evolutionary lines. If Game Freak really did want to use these pokemon respectively as parallels, I'd predict a skarmory prevo and a Delibird evo. ToddlerSkarmory would have the stats 45/60/120/60/20/50, and SuperDelibird would have the stats 70/75/70/100/70/95.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)