1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyara

Nyara

Because on ubers Hazard's are kinda rare, and even then, Lugia is still having HUGE troubles to wall things, even Shedinja is somewhat viable as that metagame is almost fast paced as doubles. Dragonite can wall things, but it doesn't do that really well at all with Stealth Rock up, as when you're trying to wall, the opponent's just switch-in to it's favorite Ice Beam user, and it's the time to go for Dragonite (and if you don't roost the damage to recover your Multiscale, say goodbye as your counter will destroy you on one turn), the same goes for Salamence, that is OU only because it's offensive prowess; yes, it can wall, but if it were it's unique viable set, it could be already UU as a long time. Gyarados can't really wall, it just force switches and take advantage of it with it's offensive presense and ability.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

He got it in BW2
  3. Nyara

Nyara

Oh, din't know, that opens new horizons for Shuckle, then.
  4. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

Nyara, please stop. You have no idea what you're talking about... you clearly don't have a lot of metagame experience. You sound like you're used to various Wi-fi battling which is completely different from what I'm talking about.

I can't speak much for Lugia, since I don't play Ubers. I CAN tell you though that Lugia was #8 on the Ubers stats last month, with usage on of 17% of teams, so any claims that it's having trouble walling things in Ubers seem to be unfounded.

As for Dragonite, I used Parashuffler Dragonite EXTENSIVELY, and I can say that quite frankly, you're fully of crock. For one, rapid spinners exist. For two, even if they are up, Dragonite isn't a fragile little fairy when multiscale is broken. Its Parashuffler set existed last generation too, before it got Multiscale, and switching dragonite into stealth rock is not instant death for it. You use roost and boom, back up in good health, ready to wall. True it doesn't LIKE it, but it doesn't completely ruin it either.

While those I listed might be OU because of their offensive stuff, that doesn't make irrelevant the fact that they have tried and tested OU defensive sets. Salamance's wish set (AKA Fatmence) has been around forever and is generally recognized as being effective. Rest-Talk Gyarados is something I have personally used to great effect.
  5. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

This is why he said "one of". Not "the".

EVEN more powerful? Not liking the sound of this. Not liking in the slightest.
  6. The Cicada

The Cicada

The why have I finished opponents off with shell smash shuckle if it doesn't have shell smash?
  7. Basileus

Basileus

lol, he made a mistake bro.
  8. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Shell Smash Torkoal is best around
  9. Mario With Lasers

Besides, hazards are overly used in Ubers lol. You have Giratina, Giratina-O and Ghost Arceus as spinblockers, why wouldn't people set up hazards?

And about the blog entry: The original entry mentiones BATTLES, not training or whatever. My knowledge in Japanese has dwindled a lot, but I'm sure they were talking about battle mechanics and there's no mistranslation there.
  10. Garagara

Garagara

Speaking of torkoal, I really feel like he'll be getting an evo. He was Ash's team at least, so I don't think he's gonna be one of those forgotten pokes. Lately Ash only seems to get at least decent pokemon. Not counting first season XD
  11. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Well, I mean first season includes Ash's powerhouses Charizard, Snorlax, and Heracross...but yeah, he's getting better.
  12. Garagara

Garagara

Also included Muk, Kingler, Butterfree... seemingly random dudes. Lately powerhouses though.
  13. labarith

labarith

Uh... Chansey is already a better pokemon than blissey in all cases except Knockoff/trick scenarios.

So it seems to be that you both underestimate eviolite and don't understand that chansey is great. Those are two unforgivable sins, mr.

Maybe for Contrary Shuckle...
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

SNORELAX EVO!

That is all.
  15. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

Now THAT is one that's unlikely to happen, as at 540 BST, Snorlax already has one of the highest BSTs of all non-legendary/psuedo-legendary Pokemon.

Lapras is in the same boat unfortunately for all those who want a Lapras evo. Honestly, I don't know if anything can save Lapras from NU, which is unfortunate since I love the damn thing so much.

EDIT: to be clear I didn't think you were serious or anything, just pointing out that it'll never happen.
  16. Mario With Lasers

Jesus, you sure like talking about evolutions. I wonder how it's going to be when (if) they confirm the first Gen VI evo pokémon...

And Lapras still can evolve... as long as it goes the Scyther route.
  17. Belbazoar

Belbazoar

I feel like Gen VI will be more like Gen II and do a good number off evolutions from Gen V and the rest completely new because it feels like Gen V was basically almost a restart so I wouldn't be surprised if most of the new pokemon reminded me of most of Gen II's pokemon like how Gen V's reminded me of Gen I's.
  18. Garagara

Garagara

Even numbered gens have had most of the evolutions of past pokes. Look at 2 and 4.
  19. Nyara

Nyara

Well, Shell Smash should be used with Contrary than other thing... unless you use Power Split + Shell Smash + Stone Edge, but that could still being the worst Shell Smasher ever as Shuckle is the slowest Pokémon along Munchlax of the game, lol. I'm seen more uses with Contrary as it doubles it's both defenses to over 990 in just one turn.

About the hazards in ubers, it's usage is about of 35%, at least for Stealth Rock, as it's mostly only used by Groudon and Deoxys Speed, and some times Forrertress or Ferrothorn, as there are not too much other users able to use it well at all, even then, Spin-blockers are not so common, Arceus prefer it's original form, and Giratina's are not so-used outside from balanced teams. Otherwise Lugia could struggle a lot as a wall as it can't wall too much with Stealth Rock up, and with superb spin-blockers making it's life impossible. And still, hazards are still available on ubers and they are used somewhat offen, so, Lugia is still having problems to switch-in under an uber battle without the support of a spinner, and it really struggles against teams with Giratina (not O) or Arceus-Ghost. Taking in account Groudon is the main Stealth Rock setter of ubers, and Lugia is one of it's counters (not the best because Groudon can status it, but still a good counter to most of the sets), then Lugia find's oportunity to switch-in before suffering from Stealth Rock most of the time.

Lapras is NU for it's lack of recovering and for it's Ice Type (Stealth Rock weakness, Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick/Superpower weakness), and for it's lack of a good setup move at all, as it's physical movepool really sucks, and all it had is Curse and Dragon Dance to setup. But it can arise again as long Stealth Rock is debuffed, figthers get more checks, it gets Recover or something similar, and a special setup move could not be bad, as well. An evolution will not fix any of it's problems, so, it will not change nothing at all (well, unless it happens like with Scyther and Game Freak makes her Steel/Ice or Dragon/Ice, or something like that, I dunno). It's still a decent option for some OU Rain teams, as Hydration is a great ability and Lapras with Curse and Rest can make some good use of it.
  20. Belbazoar

Belbazoar

I would like to see a Sigilyph evolution being a fan of Psychics myself and especially the Magic Guard ability..
  21. Yveltal

Yveltal

Sigilyphs and Unowns have some similarities. Do you think they might have a connection to be made in future games?
  22. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Quagsire deserves an evolution the most. He will become the top wall in OU you'll see!
  23. Nyara

Nyara

Both similar? Maybe, but I could rather make the connection with a new ability for Unown and maybe Sigilyphs and others to being more accurate to it's Pokédex:

Unown Platinum: "When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge."

So, he could have an ability called "Mystical Power" or something like that boost it's stats, maybe increasing all it's stats x 2, or even x 3, that only activates when it's on the field along other Pokémon with a similar ability (doubles/triples) to activate the Unowns one like "Mystical Union" or something like that! Well, that's just a idea. Or just make it able if two Unown are at the field at the same time, that could still be funny for in-game and casual battles, yet impossible with the Species Clause.
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

Oh! Ooh! I have a dumb idea!

What if the Magnagate Pokemon list is any hint to a precursor of what pokemon may be reintroduced in Gen VI?
    Quagsire, Dunsparce, Emolga and Chimecho are all present and important characters. There's also Keckleon and Toxicroak and...maybe a few other non-Unovan Pokemon. They could get new evolutions, or at least become part of the Pokedex at first!

Again, I would like to disclaim this as a dumb idea.
  25. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

While I love the idea, remember it's a spinoff. This team doesn't have much in common with the main series team, and so the most you'll get is a cameo of a new Pokèmon (like Munchlax, Lucario, and Weavile).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)