1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jean mi

Jean mi

The return of fuckin' Charizard

Seriously though it would be a good idea imo, some pokemon are severely crippled by this move by their typing alone.
  2. Green

Green

It would be cool if they made the metagame less weather reliant.
  3. labarith

labarith

I didn't play FR/LG, but I really think that as long as there are going to be NPCs in the game, you might as well use them post-game in a reliable way. It wouldn't be too hard to "recycle" NPCs along a set number of points in the game each day, and to keep track of how often you've beat them. Indeed, the opponent might even be so gracious as to give you the option to fight them, saying "Hey! My pokemon are all above [base# + # of times defeated], would you like to battle?" [y/n] "No? Ok, next time!"

Then you get randomly distributed fishermen, bug catchers, and maybe "generic trainers" that catch local pokemon and don't give you the option to fight them. These are to help you train your new "2nd runthrough" teams, as well as to train up hatched pokemon.

Finally, you can have your game-centric characters who stay where they are and battle you only the first time. They might tell you info you need to know after the battle, or the like..
  4. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I think a good balance would be if they made a Fire-type equivalent of Stealth Rocks that actually replaces Stealth Rocks. That way, Flying and Fire types would take less damage. Or maybe a Grass type, which helps as well.
  5. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I like the Grass type equivalent. Would make rain teams a little more easier to beat. Or maybe it could be an instant leech seed hazard, and the next Pokémon to switch in is affected by it. I'm thinking the leech seed hazard disappears after one Pokémon has been effected by it, and Grass and Poison types are immune to it? Just a thought.
  6. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Ultimately, all we do is proposing "solutions" to fix the current metagame. We have no idea knowing what Gen. VI is going to throw at us. Gen. III brought abilities that definitely shook up the metagame. Electric-type U-turn changed things to the point that there were petitions to ban it in the BW metagame.

For all we know, something unexpected will turn up in the next generation, shaking things up to the point that weather and Stealth Rock suddenly become the least of your problems. For all we know, Grumpig might be the next big threat in OU.

We also have a nasty tendency to focus too much on what changes the addition of a single extra move/type would bring. Though we all know that every generation brings a crapton of new Pokémon, new moves, and new items. We might predict a few moves and what they will do to change things, but we have no way of knowing whether that addition will be relevant in OU come November, even though it would fix all the problems we have today.
  7. FallenFoliage

FallenFoliage

Today's metagame is barely feeling rather ''fixed'' just months before the release of the next gen. Interestingly enough, we have NO CLUE what's gonna be made out of the metagame.
    Except that the Toad-thing is better than Oshawatt :p (I imported a Mudkip and played BW with Swampert)

One thing's for sure, we all have to update to dat 3DS and get ready to catch this gen by the teeth. (Loving the arguments)
  8. PokemonXY

PokemonXY

I would buy it. Besides, it was I wanted.
  9. MyNameIsRicky

MyNameIsRicky

Kabutops should get shell smash.

LOLLOLOOLLOLOLOOOOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOOOOLOLLOL
  10. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

i would actually use blastoise with shell smash.

PS i want the VS seeker back
  11. Blazen

Blazen

Everybody wants the VS seeker back. I wouldn't mind a return of the Pokegear either, or at least some way to battle Gym Leaders again.
  12. Yveltal

Yveltal

First paragraph, great idea.
    Second paragraph, I've got another idea. On top of the Pokemon Breeders that fight you every time you walk past them in BW2, they really should introduce battle dojos or secondary training gyms where you can go back and fight opponents for continued training with the ability to gain experience.

However, in terms of rematches, Gen V covered that with the stadiums in Nimbasa City. The trainers in both courts had teams of pokemon whose levels corresponded to the number of badges you've obtained. As I've already mentioned, the Pokemon Breeders strewn about BW2 are a big step forward for covering the needs of people who perform several runthroughs without the use of a Vs Seeker (even though they need to bring it back, or offer a good alternative. I personally liked the trainer's eyes function in the Gen III Pokenav thingamabob the best.) So really, what's needed is a better more reliable way of getting low level pokemon up to lv 20 outside of strictly the local patch of grass. The resources are already present for pokemon lv 20 and up.

PS, shoutout to Fallen Foliage for also playing through BW with a Mudkip! After I got the first badge in BW2, I traded up some Patrat for my darling Zuzu I had waiting to take on a journey. He is presently a gorgeous Swampert that earthquakes everything until it dies. Especially flying types. :3
  13. labarith

labarith

Please, no! VS Seeker was bull^&^*. See the idea Yveltal commented on above; a much better option.

I think you should be able to rechallenge gyms post-game in 2 ways, (1) just because w/ whatever pokemon you have, and facing a post-elite-4 leveled-up gym team, or in "rebattle" mode, where you fight them as you did originally in story mode starting with a team of all lv. 10 or less pokemon. Yeah, you can't catch new guys for this team, but you could breed new guys for this team.
    Nice, but limited. I want to be able to fight people when I'm out exploring or reliving my past adventures. It's dumb to have so many people just standing around, and wasteful to have them do nothing post-game.
    I RNGed and EVed a team to trade over to B/W, and again for BW2... it was good.
  14. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I kinda wish they wouldn't announce this ahead of time and just let us know a month before release that this game exists.
  15. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

The main reason for the wait is so people who can't afford the game can raise money, along with building huge amounts of anticipation in order to sell huge amounts of games.
  16. MyNameIsRicky

MyNameIsRicky

I know a Ghost-Steel type has been speculated to death, but I just noticed that it either resists or is immune to all priority moves except aqua jet, which is neutral. That would make an awesome sweeper, maybe similar to bisharp.
  17. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

I'd say that the main reason is actually the one you listed as the secondary reason.
  18. FallenFoliage

FallenFoliage

Oh my! Soooo infinitely similar, in fact, my Oshawatt is still at lvl. 19 to be exact xD

That frog thing looks too cute to deny though:3
  19. Jean mi

Jean mi

Sucker punch works as well although it can be avoided by subbing or something.
  20. MyNameIsRicky

MyNameIsRicky

Good catch, I totally forgot about sucker punch
  21. LightningLord2

LightningLord2

You also forgot Shadow Sneak.
  22. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

I want walking NPCs. Something that's been bothering since I started getting older was how all the trainers either stood there waiting for me to pass or walked back and forth. I know "stone" NPCs wont change, but adding in about a dozen or so random battles would be cool. Maybe someone walking out of a PokeMart or coming into the city when you're about to go out.

OO! Maybe we get a lot challenges once we become the Champion. Like, a battle a day from someone who's challenging the Elite 4. We've never had to live up to our Champion duties, and this would cool. Hell, you aren't even recognized as the Champion once you win.
  23. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

So my friend just poped my bubble:

It looks like there might be no customizable MC.
    The part in the video where he's swinging and not wearing glasses is a glitch. The glasses are floating mid-air. Fucking lame. The MC looks too similar to the BW1 one.
  24. Green

Green

Why would they show the MC in front of a mirror? They can't tell too much at once, or they won't have enough to unveil later. I'm willing to bet money on character customization.
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If it's a separate piece of clothing, rather than just part of the model, some could see that as an indication towards changeable accessories.
    That said
    Just because they show it in front of the mirror, doesn't mean anything. It could very well just be him starting his adventure and making sure everything is in order. Not every game with customization uses a mirror.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)