1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave527

shockwave527

I know starter types has been beaten to death and then pulverized and trampled and mauled, but I wanted to show this.

Accurate representation of Player's hopes for typing:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Accurate representation of the goings-on at GameFreak:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

Chespin is the new Smugleaf and then some! That cheeky smile comes with a real personality, I'm sure of it.
    I like the details around his face. The stripes on his forehead and cheeks make me think of Gargomon, along with indian and pictish war paint.
  3. labarith

labarith

And then had to find some jerk just because he beat some evil organization and had all the gym badges.

Are you telling me that with all of your join avenue fans no one actually wants to fight you?

Or are you just saying that the game is not representative of the fictional world it is meant to represent.

Or might be go with the "a league champion" VS "the league champion" theory I've advocated, which corrects for these flaws?

Hey - it's up to you how you choose to interpret the game. I choose to interpret it as I've gone as far as the game will allow me to go, and then get to do other stuff. For you, you've all become kind of the pokemon world, league champion, with all the obligations that entails... and everyone with a lv50 purloin still thinks they can kick your ass when you walk by.
  4. The Cicada

The Cicada

That is hilarious.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio

Ha ha man poor Chespin. Always stuck with the unpopular ideas.
  6. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Seriously? Does winning this argument mean that much to you that you carry on even after I proved you were wrong? Why not just admit you made a mistake? I'm not even carrying it on now, because this argument is stupid. Goodbye :)
  7. Jean mi

Jean mi

LOL

although I can't see how a fox can be fighting type. Ok for a chicken, a monkey or a pig but a fox... no.

Edit : Just remembered about Lucario... sh*t
  8. widget624

widget624

Thank god this is fake

[​IMG]
  9. Jabroni

Jabroni

I always thought the best pokemon designs were inspired by multiple real life animals, eg: nidoking, the dino/rhino/rabbit. vaporeon the cat/fish. and for that matter, evee - the squirrel/dog/cat. Maybe Gamefreak is going with another hybrid concept here, afterall, Megazostrodon (I wanted to type magnezone) did evolve into many different mamals, including the hedgehog and porcupine.

On the topic of further stupid speculation: If there's a hyena pokemon in gen6, I'm using it as my main. I don't care if it has a stupid typing like normal/dark, and gets eaten alive by the growing army of fighting types, I would use that thing. and mightyena doesn't count. because I only just realised its supposed to be a hyena (don't judge my stunted brain).
  10. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Take solace in the fact that any fox/fighting would look like a renamon, and therefore be a copy and impossible to create.
  11. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Poochyena.
  12. Jabroni

Jabroni

Yeah, took me a while. I saw the pooch but ignored the yena. Also weird fact, hyenas are more closely related to cats than dogs (pooches).
  13. megados

megados

Bashfrog just so you know there is an edit button so you don't have to keep double posting
  14. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Concerning the League Champion discussion, remember that the main character is underage. At 10, he wouldn't be allowed to take office as the reigning Champion*.

Remember that the games are seen through the eyes of a child. There might be a lot going on behind the scenes. Somebody (probably your mom) has to pay for Poké Center usage, receive your pay as a movie star (and a CEO of a successful shopping mall) and send you more food and clean underwear once in a while. There are houses in cities that aren't relevant to your journey, but the main character just ignores those. He's a kid, and this is his adventure. While there probably is a lot of paperwork and logistics involved in all the stuff you do, that is omitted. If the Champion declares defeat and takes you to the Hall of Fame, that's all there is to it from your perspective. It's a great achievment that you've defeated the Elite Four at your age, and it's celebrated as such, but the faff with "taking over the position" is discreetly ignored. You're sent home without anybody making any fuzz about it. Technically, you're the reigning Champion, but legally you're not.

*Okay, Blue did, but he probably cried for so long about it that Lance left him in the champion's room to go call his mother. Then Red (you) came along, and the Elite Four suddenly got a challenger on their hands to deal with first. You defeat them, and Lance decides to use you to get that brat away from his Champion room. He thinks you've got it in you to defeat Blue, thus dethroning him as a Champion. Red (you) does just that, and is taken to the Hall of Fame before anybody can tell him/you that he's actually eligible to apply for the Champion office. Then Lance returns to his former room, and whichever E4 trainer Blue defeated and dethroned is allowed back into his room.
  15. Flaresun

Flaresun

Iris is surely underage -_-
  16. b2j135

b2j135

okay been away from the thread for over a week, cam someone give me the low down on what we have been discussing?
    I'm talking to you thread regulars (Yveltal)
  17. Infernis

Infernis

Well, a whole boatload of discussion about what we'd like to see in the next generation (Tropius evolutions, mainly), random nonsensical bickering like this recent Champion debate, surprisingly few predictions about the starters, and a single new line of news.

Junichi Masuda's blog indicated that there would be a brand new battle mechanic that will make your Pokemon stronger the more they like you. Lots of speculation on that, ranging from powering up IVs from happiness to making every single move more powerful with happiness.
  18. b2j135

b2j135

omg...do want! DO WANT!
    So long as it makes EV training better.
    I just hope they pull a "soul dew clause" and disallow the transfer of items from previous generations. That way we can start of fresh like we did in B/W 1.
    No eviolite especially. I don't HATE the item, I just don't want to see all these accursed pre evolved pokemon running around just waiting for me to use trick/knock off/switcheroo.
  19. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

This must be one the most sensible headcanon posts I've seen about Pokémon.

Iris has a renowned Gym Leader as her tutor, however. I don't think your mother, as much as she loves to know her son/daughter is the Champion, would be willing to deal with all the bureaucracy behind anything regarding the Champion. Besides, isn't BW the only games where you are shown in a cutscene after/before the credits talking to the Champion and then running away, as if saying "oh thanks but no thanks, I want to be a free spirit~"?
  20. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

To be honest it wouldn't make any sense for a free spirited trainer to be willingly tied down and become the champion. I think most of us would just become someone like Alder and wander around the region aimlessly. At least I would.

It seemed like the champion was just an incredibly stronger trainer in Gen 1, but now in Gen 4/Gen 5 it seems like the champ may be the equivalent of the President or leader of the region. They seem to be constantly shifting what the champion's duties and role in the world are for each generation.
  21. Infernis

Infernis

Blasted crackers, Nobody wants to be the Unova champion.
  22. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I could honestly see them making Renamon work for something besides Fire/Fighting. Remember, Renamon was agile and strong but mostly used mind related powers.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  23. TehGreyCyanide

TehGreyCyanide

y'know what do we need? A new status. Maybe something like Fear or terified. Would be one that it's like burn, but instead of cutting the Attack, make it cut the Special attack, and 25% chance of not attacking. For the typing, well, something Ghost or Dark-alike as they are the ones that fit the Fear theme. So, now there would be a way of cutting Speed, Attack and SpA.
  24. Underdose

Underdose

Hi all,
    been following this thread pretty much from the beginning, but only wanted to comment now I had something vaguely useful to say! See, I just beat the elite 4 on black 2, and saw this which I hope will help answer the question on whether or not you actually become the champion after defeating the previous champion.

(apologies for poor quality, took it on my phone which refused to focus. Hopefully text is legible for you though, which is the main thing.)
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Anyway, on to the topic at hand: X & Y! Some things I personally would like, and half expect, to see:

• Greater online focus. B&W, and their sequels, started really pushing online play, with live trading, join avenue and ranked wi-fi battles. I can see gamefreak pushing this even further - I'd love to be able to participate in a live mini-tournament. Think of the PWT in B2&W2, only with 8 real people playing at once. If you lose early, or finish your match before others, you could observe other people finish the tournament as a spectator. Would also be great if you earned actually useful things for participating and winning (rare items, BP, etc)
    • 3DS features - I could see spot pass (is that the name?) being used to transfer your battle box team to others, for them to battle later. Plus the pedometer, as has already been mentioned.
    • Now some annoying specific speculation which has already been brought up but I want to agree with... Stealth rock nerf. To me, it seems this one single move basically defines the entire meta-game - pokemon that might otherwise be decent are plummeted into NU simply because they have a weakness to rock type. Personally, it is very wrong that one move should have such a huge impact. My ideal solution - change the way it works, so it does a fixed amount of damage, regardless of type. So it could do, say, 16.67% damage. Would still be useful as would be equivalent to setting 2 layers of spikes in one turn and hitting flying types and levitators, but without destroying some pokemon completely.

And that's all! Thanks for reading!
  25. Basileus

Basileus

The difference? I make original content >:3

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)