1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Official new X and Y picture released

[​IMG]

Oh have to stay on topic? Well, would you people like more food pokemon> already got vannilux, can see it happening. hamburger pokemon. Evolution of miltank.
  2. Jean mi

Jean mi

Well, the region is in France, the country of good food :p.

Hamburger as an evolution of Miltank sounds terrible, poor cow. I bet you got bullied by Whitney in your childhood.
  3. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

I've been trying to figure out a suitable buff to keen eye for a while and I think you just found it! Keen eye can do what you postulated for bullseye and gf can make it as such: "Improves Accuracy" for ingame flavour text, the result can be +10% Accuracy, Ignores evasion or accuracy modifiers, ie skarmory becomes a premium Garchomp counter even in sand, and can make good use of fog weather. In lower tiers Pelliper will enjoy boosted hurricanes :P
  4. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

He isn't really a clone.His pokedex description in R/B is this: "It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments".
  5. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Good?The only good food created on france was potato chips
  6. Flaresun

Flaresun

Have you ever been to France?
  7. Akiratron

Akiratron

I know, France is awesome!
  8. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

I hate to say it but I was talking about this with a couple friends of mine and I have to agree.
    I reckon the Permanent Weather abilities (Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream and Snow Warning) should be nerfed. Upon switching in, the respective weather lasts for 5 turns (or 8 with the respective rock held).
    And then when say Politoed switches out for example, the rain must wear off (Or another weather being activated) for it to switch back in to start up the rain again or Drizzle won't activate. It's like how you can't use Rain Dance while Rain Dance is already in effect.
    The same thing applies to weather moves like Rain Dance. If it was used earlier, Politoed can't switch in to extend the number of turns. Rain Dance must wear off first (or another weather move/ability being used) before Drizzle can activate. Do you get what I'm saying?
  9. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I wouldn't mind if Drizzle and Rain Dance could be used during Rain to reset the counter but god yes, make Rain has only 5-8 turns after Politoed leaves. Same for the other abilities. It's almost, well, unfair that it works as it does now. If they really want it, they could code the abilities to still summon infinite weather when their bearers are Kyogre or Groudon (or Tyranitar?), I don't care. I don't even think Drizzle and the others are broken, but... urgh
  10. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

There is good food in every country.

Im all for this idea as well.
  11. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

For the idea as well. Weather needs to get nerfed, and they can code in a nerf for all non-legends getting the abilities. It would be great.
  12. Infernis

Infernis

Politoed and Ninetales don't need to summon infinite weather. Groudon and Kyogre should retain that ability, since it's their whole reason to exist.
  13. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Just keep saying it's going to be October tomorrow and you should be just fine =D

This one's going to need a LOT of spare silicon to record =]

Just remembered the one that started it all, Pokemon Snap64, this feels just like it, except it's now integrated into a main title!

Easily best one since Gold/Silver!
  14. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Nah Kyogre and Groudon's would be nerfed too since it's the same ability.

Also since weather wouldn't be permanent, would that make Excadrill go back down to OU since the Sandstorm wouldn't be endless and thus lose all of it's Speed when it wears off? It would also mean Drizzle + Swift Swim is legal again since it's not endless rain. Man this will affect the tiers big time if it happened.

Oh and I've said this before elsewhere but I reckon the Rotom Formes should get the whole Kyurem treatment and get their own individual movepool and when they forme change, their moveset resets. (Kyurem-W gets Fusion Flare and Ice Burn while Kyurem-B gets Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock at Lv43 and 50 respectively and they lose them when it goes back to Kyurem) But unlike the Kyurem formes, they also learn different TM/HM/Tutor moves.
    For example. Let's say Rotom-W learns TM55 Scald. When it changes forme, it loses Scald and all moves it had and resets the moveset to match the latest level up moves at the current level of that forme. Another example is Rotom-S learning Hurricane.
    Also they should all get a 2nd ability that fits them perfectly: Motor Drive! Rotom is Motor backwards and well you know. lol
    With Hurricane and Motor Drive, Rotom-S would actually be usable.
  15. Basileus

Basileus

You, my friend, have clearly never been to Russia.
  16. erisia

erisia (macho) brace yourselves
    is a Contributor to Smogon

In regards to weather summoning abilities...

• Sand Stream and Snow Warning are fine.
    • Give Politoed Drizzle and make it last only 5 to 8 turns.
    • Give Kyogre "Monsoon" or something and make it last forever.
    • Give Ninetales "Heatwave" or something and make it last only 5 to 8 turns.
    • Give Groudon Drought and make it last forever.
    My personal preference would be to just change/retcon the abilities so that Sunny Day and Rain Dance have two levels of summoning abilities. Understandably it'd be hard to implement this when transferring Pokemon across, but it could just be coded so that the abilities change automatically upon transfer. It's like 3rd gen Pokemon being transferred to 4th gen and possibly changing ability. Seems like the most balanced/appealing way to go about doing this, imo.
  17. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

This is ridiculous. All they need to do is buff Cloud Nine and it'll be fine. You're killing these abilities, and poor Snow Warning is already practically dead.
  18. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I'd actually agree with Ninetales and Politoed being given the 'nerfed' versions instead of the actual version. Politoed being capable of summoning rain etc., yes it may be cool for auto-summon, but that thing is not Kyogre and rain should theoretically stop after a while since Politoed doesn't have the power that Kyogre has to keep it going, etc. Flavor-wise this makes sense, but when transferring it's actually not that simple. The ability byte is stored by itself, unlike 3rd gen Pokemon where they can change ability; in fact they don't actually do so but upon evolution where the ability is re-checked against the personality value of the Pokemon and re-assigned accordingly. While it'd be fine for DW Vulpix/Poliwhirl transferred over to get an ability change through evolution, it may not be that simple for directly transferring DW Ninetales/Politoed. Of course, it may be possible that they changed it such that trading also affects the ability, but idk :/
  19. b2j135

b2j135

my god...that looks DELICIOUS!
    I sure am hungry now...gonna make be some Tauros burgers witha side of frytatos, and a cup of vanillish ;)
  20. Jabroni

Jabroni

When are we due some more XY info? is there another coro coro/nintendo direct coming up? I need speculation fodder!
  21. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

Fixed that for you.
  22. Blazen

Blazen

You know, my main problem with the Eeveelutions is that they should actually have some of the most diverse movepools in the game. Especially with the existence of Egg moves. Eevee should be able to learn a wide array of moves that it can pass on to any of it's evolutions.

Flare Blitz wouldn't really help Flareon at all. What would is if it could get a hold of Leafeon's Leaf Blade. Those pesky Dragons, and Ground types stopping Jolteon's Thunder? The Ice Beam it got from it's Glaceon mommy sure put a stop to that.
  23. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Except Ethiopia.
  24. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

You, my friend, have clearly never heard of vodka.

And that's only because they don't have much food.
  25. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

And Energy Ball from the father for the Water/Ground.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)