1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I'm very late for the discussion, but just want to add this: The strongest right-off-the-bat-move in Pokémon as of today is Max Ark. Ursaring@Choice Band switching in on Toxic Spikes, using Metronome and getting Explosion.

Though, it's extremely unreliable and has no super-effective coverage. Still, it should leave a dent in anything not named Aggron or Bastiodon. Or, you know, Ghosts.

Concerning rodents:

Those are there for marketing reasons. Their entire purpose is to be cute and Pikachu-like. GameFreak did one grave error with Pikachu, and that was letting it evolve into something not-so-cute (I beg to disagree, but the Market supposedly doesn't). The standard electric rodent is a homage to/meant to cash in on the success that was Pikachu, and is very popular with little girls playing the games. They won't ever give it a badass evolution, nor will they ever evolve older ones. Expect to see one in the Anime,though.
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

Plusle and Minun were rabbits...
    I'll bet a couple of chips that the new electric rodent is a hamster or a guinea pig. If they decide they wanted that to evolve, I could see it turnng into a capybara-esque beast :D
  3. Infernis

Infernis

A Plusle/Minun evolution that's ice/electric type? But... I could see myself using that! STAB BoltBeam would be great, if it had any kind of stat bump from those worthless bastards.

It sounds impossible, so I'll call it 50/50 from TrollFreak.
  4. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

The fan art I've seen for a Plusle/Minun evolution tends to revolve around kangaroos, but that's just fan art. Still, I can actually see it happening.

Also, why couldn't the new "electric rodent" not be electric? I know some fans who consider Marill to be the rodent introduced in Gen II, since Pichu was simply a prevo of a prior existing rodent.
  5. b2j135

b2j135

I'm not sure if we talked about this or not, but what new fossil Pokemon do you think we will get?
    I am really hoping we get something like a Rock/Ice type based on something like a Plesiosaur...
  6. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

I assume you're not counting Rotom?
  7. Farrac

Farrac

Psychic Gem Espeon Max SpA +6 Att +6 Def +6 SpDef +6 SpA +6 Speed using Stored Power
    reinforced with two helping hands. Can anyone do the calcs?

Also, I think that an Steel eeveelution would replace Vaporeon as the bulky one
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

Stored power + all maxed stat boosts = 860
    860 x 2(1.5 helping hand) + 860 x 1.5 psychic gem boost = 2,150
    set up time? At least fifteen turns. The look on your opponents face when Espeon Kamehamehas their entire team? Priceless.

One thing I would like, for the record of in-game battles, is for the pokemon's stat screen to display their stats after any changes have been made in-battle. If my Typhlosion uses Defense Curl twice and gets hit by Soak, for example, I'd like his status page to display his edited stats for the battle. Or if Espeon has a sh*tload of stat boosts and a Psychic gem waiting to be used, I'd like the game to see how much damage Stored Power would deal at that point. It's a little nitpicky, but for younger players, I think it's important to have that information there to keep them immersed in the game.
  9. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Bulbapedia on Rollout:

Shuckle, with two partners using Helping Hand (one of them with Flower Gift), holding Metronome, using Defense Curl and then Rollout for five turns: 480BP (30*2^4) * 1.5 (Helping Hand) * 1.5 (Flower Gift) * 2 (Metronome after 5 turns in BW) * 2 (Defense Curl) = 4320 (gross approximation, the damage formula doesn't work that way)

Specs Kyogre spamming Water Spout: 150BP * 1.5 (STAB) * 1.5 (Rain) * 1.5 (Specs) = 506.25

Now can we stop this.
  10. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

You forgot Flower Gift and Me First, which bring the grand total to 8640 BP for Shuckle's Rollout.
  11. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Another thing that was brought up to me by a friend: Two-player walking around? I mean, we have the Union Room, where players can see each other walking (though if I recall correctly, the walking patterns the other player see are randomized), and Entralink made it possible for one player to walk around in the region of another, though only as an invisible ghost. What if XY takes this to the next step, allowing two people to walk around in the same map, next to each other, in-game?

It would ultimately be a purposeless addition, unless for minigames or such, but I can see it becoming popular anyway. Trade or battle anywhere, or tag up to fight trainers (or grind)? Kids will sure love that. Just... how to display it for one player if the other is locked in a battle, now...
  12. Infernis

Infernis

Same way they deal with battles in the union room that not everyone is participating in. 'TRAINER' is busy when interacted with, they stand in place (in the grass, next to another trainer, etc), and they battle. You keep on wandering.

If two or three people could do the story simultaneously (yet independently) while occasionally battling like rivals, that would be amazing. Downright amazing.
  13. Nyara

Nyara

I could love the idea of Cobraroll if implemented, that was actually always my pokédream, they can also add some purposes, too, like item interchange and stuff. And I think it will happen, maybe that was they wanted to mean with some of they said.

Oh, yeah, Shuckle's Rollout is the strongest move on the game, there's no need to continue that.
  14. Zowayix

Zowayix

They've already implemented two people walking next to each other in real time: the Sinnoh Underground. Wonder if they'll bring back anything similar.
  15. Present

Present

Both the Sinnoh Underground and the Battle Room (= that room in the Union Room where you get to battle) feature both trainers walking around. So technically they should have no troubles implementing this.
  16. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

We need some more strong Steel-type attacks. The strongest and most distributed moves are Iron Head and Flash cannon, both of which have a slightly disappointing BP. Meteor Mash and Gear Grind are both good moves, but their distribution is scarce. Maybe a Steel version of Close Combat or Brave Bird for physical attackers could be good, while Lucario, Magnezone etc could benefit from a Steel-type version of Flamethrower or Fire Blast.
  17. Infernis

Infernis

Metagross could use Heavy Slam pretty effectively, at the least. Or perhaps Meteor Miss could be given a boost, and another physical steel type move can be distributed.

(I mean seriously. Swords are made of steel. Swords are for stabbing. Steel pipes hurt when thrown or swung. Y u no powerful physical moves, Gamefreak?)
  18. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Aggron buff

Yes please
  19. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

except no. damage formula does not work that way for Me First

(for the record, MWL is wrong too, you can't have 2 helping hand boosts at once. plus it's only a ~1.5 boost)
  20. Jabroni

Jabroni

Someone earlier (who I since cannot find to quote) talked about a defensive answer to chansey... Theoretically, I could easily see it happening. Say a neverused defensive pokemon, like Weezing (because we love smogon) got an evo. more hp etc.
    It would be an answer to the physical power creep thats happened over gen 5. But it would only encourage more creep in future generations, and therefor more disparity between old and new pokemon. this has never stopped GF before, but I don't want to keep going down tiers just to play with my old gen faves.
    But I do love me some weezing.
    Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, but with burn around, and all the defensive mons we have already, adding a defchansey would be overkill right? the scales would be hugely in SPatk oriented pokes favour.
  21. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Perhaps they'd implement a new status condition similar to burn.

Maybe this is the Grass or Dark buff we've been waiting for!
  22. labarith

labarith

Aqua Tail should be turned into a water-type Dragon Tail. That is all.
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

[​IMG]

Aqua Tail is already amazing for being a good high-power move. Dragon Tail is fun, but the utility lies in tail whipping your opponent just hard enough to switch them out while only dealing roughly 2/3 of the damage Aqua Tail can dish out? 2/3 damage is only on a good day when it gets a STAB boost, mind you.
    Besides, the only OU pokemon that can effectively abuse both techniques is Dragonite. I don't see why he would need two different chances to whip his opponent out of the field.
  24. labarith

labarith

Aqua Tail is a bad Waterfall. :/

Also, Black Diamond should totally be a real item. I don't know what it should do, but it should do something BIG!
  25. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I agree entirely. Maybe a dance thing (it's a school thing :3).

Maybe it powers up one move substantially but kills you, similar to Explosion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)