1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

You're all wrong! Aqua Tail is better! It's stronger and prettier!

And if there's a black diamond, then what about the green circle, blue square and double black diamond?
  2. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

I want them to make a small change (that won't really affect the game AT ALL):

Announce Critical Hits BEFORE you take damage.

ex:
    Foe Gyarados used Waterfall!
    NEW&EXCITING Critical Hit animation
    You gasp in horror as you brace yourself for the carnage
    Your opponent has the stupidest smile on his face
    Your pokemon takes damage

I got the idea from Fire Emblem. I noticed that in that game, whenever my characters land critical hits, I get so excited over the animation and the potential OHKO I'm gonna deal. In Pokemon, I just see a lot of damage, think to myself, "hm, it's probably a crit. Oh yeah, it was a crit." Pretty lame reaction if you ask me.
  3. Zowayix

Zowayix

^I wouldn't mind that at all. Sounds great.

Might lead to more rage in whatever Battle Tower equivalent they're going to have, but won't make any difference in the long run.
  4. Chill

Chill

That sucks. Give it something to use those dragon moves with.
    HP 65
    Attk 130 or 95
    Def 65
    SpA 130 or 95
    Sp Def 60
    Speed 110

Or 95 HP and focus on SpA or Attk.
  5. b2j135

b2j135

wow...I never thought of that!
    The only thing close to that I believe was the special text box that appears in PS2 when a Pokemon takes a critical hit.
  6. The Diverman

The Diverman

I've been wanting this forever.
  7. labarith

labarith

Ribbons need to return. I want ribbons to denote my pokemon's star power, and the more ribbons it gets the happier it is! YES!

OK, so really I just want something to do to pimp my Starmie on G6. Is that so much to ask?

Edit: I also want pokeradar-esque side-games that let me EV, level up, and movetutor my pokemon. Maybe they give me a few pokemon every once in a while too. These could be mini-game things, or full on games like 2d scrollers where certain pokemon moves are "special attacks" beyond the normal "attack" of the pokemon...
  8. NidokingKing

NidokingKing

This came to me while I was at school today, but I've decided I want to see some real side quests. These missions are not important to the story in any way, but add some additional difficulty and unlock some new areas and pokemon that were previously inaccessible.

An example of this is an abandoned warehouse near the outskirts of one of the towns. People throughout the town claim it's haunted. At that point it's blocked by some natural roadblock (read: surf or boulders). Later you can come back and begin that side quest. You find the cause of the people believing the warehouse is haunted, it of course being some ghost type. You defeat/capture it, and go tell that the warehouse is clear. Now it's openly available and there are trainers within the warehouse now.

I could see this adding some replayability and allowing gyms to have a more massive level jump. It also gives people a reason to talk to NPCs everywhere.
  9. Infernis

Infernis

Downside to Aqua Tail being water-type Dragon Tail: rain boosted damage. The last thing Rain Stall needs is more damage while shuffling.

I would be pumped for critical hit animations. It would make my critspam Absol downright exciting.
  10. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

I just want high high moves to have a 25%+ chance to crit!! although the suggestion of making crit animations look cool is awesome
  11. Farrac

Farrac

A Glass of water from HELL
  12. JSwan

JSwan

I have just read every post in this 135 page saga.

Some ideas are very interesting, while some others have been so repeated that I despaired to continue (starter final type for example).
    Couple of things I'd like to give my opinion on:
    Evos & pre-evos, with the exception of MAYBE a couple more eeveevolutions I believe that any other links to old pokemon will be from gen IV or V, these are the only gens that haven't been touched upon- due to gen V starting afresh. Do you agree that any other links to old pokemon will have been discussed previously and either implimented or disowned.
    R.E. the legends- I do not see dragon for either of them although yes this has happened before, I would like to see less legends and more pseudo legend type pokemon- granted they only give one each gen but perhaps we could have more 3 stage evolution lines that provide us with more to work for in game.
    Also seen speculation regarding whether we will get a fairy with 100 in each bst, yes of course we will this always happens. Same with the pikachu esque pokemon to- doesnt have to be electric (see marill) but it will resemble a small rodent.

Some things I want to see this gen: further ability boosts to ensure each one has an in-battle use; release of all hidden abilities for pokemon, preferably in female form; a nerf on stealth rock- perhaps stack it similarly to spikes and make it take same damage with a removal of the SE damage- birds then become usable and people stop complaining about nerfing Fighting; high BP moves for all types- less disparity would result in some types being used more.
    I am aware a lot of what I said was discussed but I avoided a number of issues that were done to death.
  13. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

I wonder if the "fairy" of this new generation will be another psychic type -.-

As for the one pseudo legendary (600 BST) per generation "rule", its been broken before!! Metagross + Salamence came together..

If we consider hyperpowered pokemon as pseudo legendaries, then volcarona + hydreigon are from the same gen as well.

It'd be so great if for once, GF didn't introuduce another dragon with 600 BST.
  14. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Those are traditions, just like the starter types. And imo are traditions just as important as innovation. Thus I don;t mind the new pixie being psychic, or the pseudo being dragon (that said I do hope it won't be dragon, but I won't mind it being dragon either) Maybe it'll be like metagross, or they just as back then introuding a dragon psuedo and a non dragon one.

Anyway I don't really mind tradition, thats my point. Tradition and innovation should go hand in hand.
  15. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

Tyranitar, whilst being of "draconic" appearance was not part dragon!
    Shaymin, whilst being the gen 4 "pixie", was not part psychic!
  16. Archiac

Archiac

First post on smogon, woot
    This. 4 out of the six pseudo legends have been dragon type, it would be nice to have an uncommon typing, like ghost/poison(only gengar so far) or or steel/poison or something.
  17. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Technically, Metagross isn't the pseudo of Gen III, as it's not native to Hoenn. The first region to have it in the wild without swarms is Unova... and you find them in Giant Chasm. Where a friggin' meteor fell. Welp. Volcarona only has 550 BST (...thank God), so it's not even close to being Gen V's pseudo, even though, flavor-wise, it sure is one (it was revered by an ancient civilization! It probably destroyed the whole civilization with its heat waves! And it's a Bug-type 4x weak to Stealth Rock vulnerable to every kind of passive damage except Burn and some people still think it's Uber! It was the SUN!). Considering the only pseudo not to be a Dragon, it's clearly draconic (lol Dragon Dance), so it's safe to assume they'll follow this trend.

Same thing with the pixies: the only gen not to have a single Psychic pixie was Gen IV... but Gen III and V had two each to make up for it!!! So yeah. Probably one Psychic pixie this gen. Maybe more of other types, but at least one for the psybros.
  18. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Forgot about those, thanks for putting it up!
  19. Archiac

Archiac

Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie? I think they"re pretty pixie=like, and they're all Psychic.
  20. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

He means the legends with 100 across the board as in Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Manaphy and Victini.
  21. cant say

cant say

i always considered manaphy to be the gen IV pixie. actually to me gen IV is kind of weird in that they dont have the standard psychic pixie, and that shaymin can change formes and manaphy can breed with ditto to make phione, which is different to the other 4 current gens. maybe we'll see a similar shake up in gen VI with a non-traditional pixie(s)

the idea about crits showing before the damage (or at the same time, like in PS2) is awesome

i'd personally like to see more of a level creep in gen VI which could include some extra grinding or missions (sort of like how ash leaves charizard/gliscor for extra training in the anime) in order to beat the gym leaders/E4.
    The E4 is portrayed as the ultimate test (final boss) but are never really that high levelled. there isnt really any in-game incentive to actually raise your team to lv100. it would be cool if the E4 was maybe lv80-90 with champ being mid 90s (this could maybe be a 'challenge mode'-esque approach as not to scare off younger players.
    Or perhaps a 'Red' style final boss with ultra high levels.
    Normally my team just rots away capped out around mid 70's in the pc after the main story.
  22. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

The black tower had levels in the 80s, and considering your team had to fight multiple without healing items that should have been fine, I never really had an issue with the elite 4s level except in Johtou, they're my main method for raising levels I shouldn't need to be at max level to beat them
  23. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Two?Melloeta and Deoxys aren't Pixies.
  24. TrainerX493

TrainerX493

I think that this gen. pixie will be Rock and/or Ground because that will make the 5 chinese elements, which are:
    Fire - [pimg]522[/pimg]
    Steel - [pimg]385[/pimg]
    Wood(Grass) - [pimg]251[/pimg]
    Earth, which is right now - [pimg]151[/pimg]
    Water - [pimg]495[/pimg]
  25. jonmccaskill

jonmccaskill

Dragon-Type Eevee:
    HP:110
    Atk:130
    Defense:95
    Special Attack:60
    Special Defense:65
    Speed:65

The Eeveelutions don't really need mixed Attacking stats, since they almost always have one STAB move on any given set. I would prefer good coverage moves that run off of their best stat instead of mixed attacking stats. But that's just me.

Concerning this new Gen, I feel that we are getting a lot of new Defensive Pokemon a'la Gen 2. Remember how everyone was freaking out about chansey getting an Evolution? The metagame sorely needs strong defensive Pokemon. I feel we really don't need many new Pokemon with 120+ Attacking stats. I feel the metagame needs Pokes to supplement the blatant power creep we got last gen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)