1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2j135

b2j135

I just don't see it happening that way as almost every dragon type pokemon has great/good attack, good/great sp.atk, and decent speed.
    I think this is more likely:

HP:65 (6 out of the 7 have this same stat)
    Atk:110
    Defense:60 (5 out of 7 have the same stat)
    Special Attack:130
    Special Defense:65
    Speed:95 (this is needed here more than in defenses)

Also just because in the current generations eeveelutions have been more akin to using STAB moves DOES NOT mean we won't get EVEN BETTER new for them to abuse!
  2. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Honestly, unless you have the 110 or the 130 in Speed, without some stupidly overpowered attack / ability, it will be a fairly mediocre Dragon-type that will fall to RU / whatever corresponds to current UU in next gen.
  3. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

To add to all these eeveelution speculation, note that all of them have same base stats (130, 110, 95, 65, 65 and 60) that are only rearranged, so any proposed stat spread that does not follow this is very unlikely. So far, we have these stats:
    • Flareon - 65/130/60/95/110/65
    • Jolteon - 65/65/60/110/95/130
    • Vaporeon - 130/65/60/110/95/65
    • Glaceon - 65/60/110/130/95/65
    • Leafeon - 65/110/130/60/65/95
    • Umbreon - 95/65/110/60/130/65
    • Espeon - 65/65/60/130/95/110

I would want the next eeveelution (preferably Dragon, to complete the "previously special type only" rule that seems to be the case) to have a unique stat spread. Unique means that the placement of the stats is the least similar to existing eeveelution. After analyzing the above data I got the following possible stat spreads:

Show Hide
    • 110/130/95/65/60/65
    • 110/130/95/65/65/60
    • 110/95/130/65/60/65
    • 110/95/130/65/60/65
    • 110/95/65/65/130/60
    • 110/95/65/65/60/130
    • 110/65/95/65/130/60
    • 110/65/95/65/60/130

If I have to choose from the above, it would be:

[​IMG]
    HP: 110
    Atk: 65
    Def: 95
    SpA: 65
    SpD: 130
    Spe: 60

We have enough offensive dragons as it is. It has less chances of being outclassed if it becomes a defensive/support dragon, with only Altaria as competition. Dragon-type means it resists some very common special attacks, and with good special bulk it should be able to carve a niche somehow.
  4. cant say

cant say

YES! ive wanted this gen 1 and watching the anime at the same time. Ash's (and his opponents) pokemon have a tendency to evolve in these mid-battle situations and often win them the battle. I also hate it when you poke levels twice in a battle and goes passed a level up move it only gets at evolution (cant think of a good example, except metapod missing confusion at lv10, grotle missing earthquake etc). Just a cool idea in general to make the game feel more real i think

on the pokeball discussion, bringing back the apricorn balls (heavy ball, lure ball, fast ball, moon ball etc) would be cool. A new 'premiere ball' would be cool. i try to catch all my in game team in them to give them a special feel. More gimmick balls like that would be nice.
  5. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Gyarados needs a more reliable Physical Flying STAB. Bounce is just...terrible.

Also Physical version of Hidden Power. Technician users like Scizor and Breloom would love using that. Sacrifice some IVs to get 60 Power and get the Technician boost.
  6. Flareon

Flareon

I proposed this ages ago in the thread. My idea was that "Secret Power" would become a physical Hidden Power.
  7. Rex Exploder

Rex Exploder

It kinda is, it just happens to have retarded mechanics.
    But boy I sure would love if they changed the move to work like Hidden Power
  8. Lorenz

Lorenz

PLEASE Nintendo/Game Freak limit auto weather to a five turn cast or eight with proper weather stone equipped. If they change nothing else just give us that. I'd also like to see Hail get some more automatic boosts to make it more viable. Like a DEF boost for Ice types or something. And some weather extension type stones for Trick Room and Gravity.
  9. Jabroni

Jabroni

If it was a dark kind of status it could be something like Dizzy: Special moves get an accuracy drop of 40% and when they do hit, all damaging moves used (special or direct) have a 10% recoil.
    That way, it wouldn't be exactly like burn, but it would severely hamper SpAtk, whilst also having an hp draining effect, making its purpose similar to burn. Plus, it would infuriate Focus blast users even more than usual.
    This is fun! I wonder what a grass status would be like?
  10. jackm

jackm

Dear god, 42% accuracy Focus Blast.
  11. Jabroni

Jabroni

Grass induced status idea: "sticky fingers", all non damaging moves have a 50% increased chance to fail, and when any move does work successfully, there's a 30% chance it becomes "encored" for 2 to 3 turns. If burn and paralysis are harsher on sweepers, I want a status that can be used primarily to mess with walls, like taunt and encore in status form.
  12. Infernis

Infernis

Blasted crackers, that would completely end stall. Paralysis already does so much to stop a wall, automatic encore seems like overkill.
  13. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Dragon Balls would be very good.

Anyone else wants a auto taunt Ability?
  14. Infernis

Infernis

That would be amazing on a sweeper, especially a boosting one.
  15. Jabroni

Jabroni

You may be right there. I'm just proposing that if, as predicted by some, walling reaches new hights next gen, there should be a specific status counter. It could have only one effect, either the 50% failure of non offensive moves, or the 30% chance of encore (or less). I'd just want to see some new statuses. Though I grant you, GF hasn't introduced a new status in 5 gens, and probably won't ever. But how about this new, entirely useless item then? the "chuck berry": If the pokemon that eats a chuck berry can use a dancing move, that pokemon will not stop dancing.
  16. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Parasite: Every time the opponent uses a non offensive move the parasite will deal damage equal to 6%, also nullifies stat boosts.

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android
  17. Jabroni

Jabroni

It could work just for the turn the pokemon enters battle, so its not utterly broken.
    edit - still kinda broke though, shell smash, focus sash, autotaunt madness ensues!
  18. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

No. 1. Word dizzy to close to confusion. 2.: 40 is allot. A dmg drop is just fine. Doesnt have to be something different with a chance to completly break special sweepers. focus blast is fine as it is, we dont want steel pokes to become even more unbeatable ty. Even add recoil? wasn't enough?

Taunt/encore are fine. A status is permanent, meaning walls can become completely useless with this. No thanks.

Not really. Not every pokemon gets the same abilities. When the right pokemons get the ability distributed then it could be no problem. A wall that counters wall or pure wall breaker with no setup moves could work, just calling random ideas but ya get the point.
  19. The Steam Punk

The Steam Punk

What if they make a new "untouchable" Pokemon like Shedinja?
    Maybe with an ability along the lines of "Immaterial: This pokemon is immune to all physical moves" or something like that. This would be an epic Pokemon - it's immune to every priority move except Vacuum Wave, most Fighting moves, Rapid Spin, and so much else. Heck, this ability negates half of the offensive moves in the game! Of course, it'd have to have gosh-awful defenses to make it not totally unfair.
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

How is Secret Power in any way a physical Hidden Power? It's always Normal-type, meaning it doesn't help with coverage at all.
  21. Flareon

Flareon

I guess because it's effect varies?

Or maybe he was thinking of Nature Power?
  22. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

Hidden Power's effect varies by Pokémon.With Secret Power and Nature Power, the effect varies by location. However, Secret Power becoming a physical Hidden Power variant would be fun.
  23. Adamant Zoroark

Adamant Zoroark formerly LucaroarkZ

I'm not really sure if I'd like that stat spread. 65 base in both offensive stats means it won't be doing very good damage, and as of yet no Eeveelution has ever gotten Night Shade or Seismic Toss. Just look at Umbreon; it barely even hacks it in UU. I'd at least put the 95 base into Attack, that way Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail (I'm at least assuming a Dragon-type Eeveelution would get them) would actually do some kind of damage. For a defensive Dragon Eeveelution, I'd probably give it 110/95/65/65/130/60. The base Defense would most likely end up being less useful than the base Special Defense since none of Dragon's resists are predominantly Physical.

Although, if I could make a Dragon Eeveelution the way I wanted to, I'd give it base stats of 65/130/95/60/65/110 and give it Dragon Dance as a level-up move. Since Eevee gets Baton Pass via level-up, a Dragon Eeveelution could be one of the few viable users of Dragon Dance + Baton Pass, and actually be able to dish out some damage with Outrage (at least I'm assuming it'd get Outrage since I believe there are no Dragon-types that can't learn Outrage). As fast as Latios, but a physical attacker! Now, just to figure out how to deal with that bad movepool thing... Well then I guess Substitute's our last move! Not that it's helping us deal with Steel-types or anything (use Magnezone or Magneton depending on your tier!) It would be pretty awesome, though. Can't take on that Steel-type? Pass to something that can! I dunno about you, but a +1/+1 Terrakion sounds pretty fucking scary. Oh, and give it... Maybe Guts? +1/+1 and a Guts boost! Yeah! Not that GameFreak would actually, like, give that to us or anything...

---

Anyway, all I really want to see in XY is moar dragonz! i love dragonz! to buff Defense just a little bit. Not too much. I've pretty much accepted by now that there will be a power creep in every generation, but I'm thinking maybe wider distribution of Intimidate and Wish, a bulkier user of Magic Bounce, and maybe some more hard-hitting Pokemon that can contribute to the normal roles of stall teams (i.e. actually walling shit, so give them recovery moves too) so they're not just sitting around. I don't actually expect GameFreak to add these in, but I do think they'd help prevent stall from completely fading into obscurity. Of course, the last point would also end up buffing bulky offense, but if this power creep keeps up odds are that will need a buff too.
  24. Infernis

Infernis

More abilities like Zen Mode would be pretty neat. Giving Shuckle, for example, a second form that swapped around a few stats would be absolutely hilarious. He could boost up a bit with Acupressure or something, and then after the enemy wears him down below 50%... BEAST MODE, BEAST MODE!

Just trying to follow the thread tags.
  25. Scorpio

Scorpio

What they need to do is make Zen Mode not suck. Like, for example, making it so Darm's HP never drops below 50% before Zen Mode activates, and keeping Zen Mode active above 50% HP until Darm is switched/phased out. Trust me, if Darm-Z ever became anything more than a gimmick, it would really help balance out stall v. offense (105/105/105 defenses PLUS 140 SpA? YES PLEASE).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)