1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave527

shockwave527

Only way I could think of to really make this work is make it similar to Shedinja and give it 1 HP.

EDIT: Just saw you mentioned Shedinja. But still, it wouldn't really work unless it was REALLY easy to defeat or slow with low defenses.
  2. Basileus

Basileus

Zen mode has to suck, do you know how OP zen would be if it was an actual Pokemon and not just an ability????
  3. Wishy

Wishy

They need to make Meloetta change formes somehow outside of battle. The way it is, Meloetta-P is not even really playable. It's only able to remain in Pirouette forme in battle, so it requires you to use Relic Song every time she switches back in. It's not practical or efficient, as it's preferable to just maximize Aria forme's potential. Keep Relic Song, but also give it some way to change formes permanently outside of battle.

Poor Galvantula. Too frail and the Rock-weakness was the nail in the coffin.

I'm more curious to see what happens with past Pokemon. How will usage change in a new metagame due to new moves, abilities, threats, playstyles, etc. Look at Politoed for example. Who will rise in the ranks and who will fall? Hm.
  4. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I hope they keep making AMAZING moves & abilities that go only to weaker pokemon

If you think Quiver Dance is wonderful wait until Courtship Dance raises all stats +3
    Luvdisc for UU!
  5. Charro

Charro

I don't really think that a defensive fire type would be OP, even with those stats, it can be easily walled by Latias/Jellicent, and it is so slow that a lot of things can revenge kill it. It's also SR weak with no reliable recovery.
  6. Basileus

Basileus

it's fire/psychic, imagine a special attacking victini with 105/105/105 defenses and low speed....
  7. R_N

R_N

A better comparison is probably a psychic typed Heatran. ZM has 1 lower base defense & special defense, 14 more base hp, 10 more special attack and 22 lower speed
  8. xKYSx

xKYSx

Or what they could is start a new type of combination that's different then the typical standard spread for eeveelutions like I previously posted couple pages ago

a spread like this:

HP - 80
    Atk - 105
    Def - 70
    SpA - 105
    SpD - 70
    Spe - 95

seriously there are plenty of types left that they haven't done for eevee that it's eventually going to need a change.
  9. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Yeah, it has similar stats, but it would still be really easy to kill, especially without reliable recovery. And with such a low speed, it'll be outsped by a lot of the meta and, if SR is up, they only have to do 75% damage to it. Anywho, I'm more interested in what will happen to the DW abilities that haven't been released yet, how would they fix that besides a mass release in the upcoming months. The BW metagame hasn't even reached its full potential yet and never will because GF tempted us with stuff like Contrary Serperior and Shadow Tag Chandelure, which will only be used next gen. Poor 5th gen kind of got the shaft in that regard.
  10. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Since Gen IV. It could be called "Ad Hominem" and be an auto-Taunt upon switching in. Not sure what kind of pokémon should get it... I'd rather see a Forretress with it than Garchomp, but I'm sure Game Freak would fuck up.

It has 540 BST, 55 Base Speed and is part-Fire in a Rain-infested metagame. It simply can't be OP. You'd still have to somehow Recover back to full health to even be better than Darmanitan (50% HP Darm-Z has less bulkiness than Sheer Force Darmanitan lol).
  11. Adrian Marin

Adrian Marin

Will this work in showdown??? all the pokemons are now 3d and are not 2d animated sprites, Although there is 1 solution...

Lower the quality of the images to 8 bit and it will look very much like a 2d pokemon.. apply the same animation and..

Profit.
  12. Adrian Marin

Adrian Marin

Hmmm... Auto Rapid Spin??, Auto Magic Coat was done already, You can also expect an auto taunt except not 5 turns no Gamefreak would not do that, Infinite taunt when the pokemon is in is more possible.
  13. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

I think they may just use 2d sprites based on the 3d models. Idk if there would be animation though.
  14. Adrian Marin

Adrian Marin

But animation is awesome... they must put animation to all the 6th gen pokemons or else showdown will be losing its niche to all pokemon games in the future.
  15. R_N

R_N

oh....no....?
  16. Flareon

Flareon

This. I was really looking forward to mucking about with all of the other DW pokemon. But at least we got some gems (or curses, depending on how you look at it) in Blaziken, Ninetales, Politoed, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Dragonite, Venusaur, Espeon, and all of the other pokemon who are pretty much viable solely because of a new ability.
  17. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

We really are only missing the legendaries, Unova and Johto (WHY) starters, Chandelure (which may be released as a Litwick) and lol Swarm Larvesta/Volcarona, right?

Sigh. I'm still hoping we'll be getting Chandelure (come on, Game Freak, next Halloween XY will be released already but we had that Mew event back in 2009), but I'm not sure about the others. Which is a shame, because LightningRod Zapdos would be so legit this Gen but we can never be sure about the next one, specially considering the power creep... Poor Zapdos.
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

I have a fun way to rope the conversation back in
    [​IMG]

I really don't mind that the starters with good dream world abilities haven't been officially obtainable. As long as they keep the Dream World instead of trashing it (like what they did with the original GTS), I can see them giving away old starters through the global link with their dream abilities.
  19. b2j135

b2j135

Yveltal, why are you so FUCKING SMART!?!??!
  20. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

That's a pretty good idea, and probably what will wind up happening. Although, GF has a tendency to have one-hit wonder kind of things. Like, they only had contests in Gen 3, and then the GTS only in Gen 4, and now the Dream World in Gen 5. Based on whats happened in the past, I'm not 100% certain that we'll even have a Dream World in Gen 6, but since it's altered so many pokemon, I'm fairly confident that it will still be around in Gen 6. I'm just not putting it past them to totally Muk (see what I did there =D) it up.
  21. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

A very subtle change, not sure how helpful it would be, but what if Meloetta's signature move changes once it changes formes? Something like:
    • Relic Song - Normal - 75 BP - Special - Deals damage and has a 10% chance to put the target to sleep.
    • Relic Dance - Normal - 75 BP - Physical - Deals damage and has a 10% chance to confuse the target.
    That way, Pirouette doesn't get stuck with using Relic Song if it wants to change back to Aria.
  22. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

That's a cool idea, and it probably wouldn't be that hard to implement. I like the change in status effect too, nice touch. Another thing I think they could do is make an item where, if something has an alternate form, it begins the battle in that form and it switches back to it's original form when those conditions are met. For example; the item makes Darmanitan begin in Zen Mode, then, after it loses 50% of it's health, it switches back to regular form. Same with Meloetta, it starts out in Pirouette form and then changes back into Aria form after using relic song.
  23. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Pokemon X and Y fossils.

In all pokemon games, except for johto, there are at least 2 fossil pokemon, they should put a stego or ankylosaur. Or an igunodon or a paraceralophus.
  24. Allen Blaze

Allen Blaze

I would like a ability that that doesn't lock yourself into the last move you used , but you still get the boost from a Choice Item. (like you can use Calm Mind and then Flamethrower with Choice Scarf attached , and still got the 50% boost in Speed) IDK should get it , but i Think at some Psychic Types (not Alakazam or Deoxys lol). Maybe Eleygem , Mushrana , Gardevoir/Gallade or Hyprno should get it.
  25. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

A free dragon dance that doesn't require you to switch moves probably wouldn't be allowed in ou unless something weaker got it or if Pikachu had it, soul dew is a weaker variation of this being a free calm mind but its banned. I do think that a plus 1 atk minus 1 sp atk item is possible, and would be useful on a physical attacker while still retaining the option of auxiliary at the cost of losing its wall breaking potential
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)