1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2j135

b2j135

you know what rock type that should really get an evolution?
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  2. XTar

XTar

Are we expecting any changes to the combat system? Is it possible they might try an altered combat system to go along with the new gen and transition into 3d?
  3. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

I don't think so. Based on the trailer, it seems that combat is about the same as it always has been, turn based. What kind of change were you thinking? Like an ATB from Final Fantasy or what? The trailer didn't show much in the way of combat, just six moves from the starters, but I don't really see why GF would do that. It's worked for nearly 20 years, and if it ain't broken, don't fix it. It would be a cool change, don't get me wrong (maybe they'll change it up in a spin-off), I just don't see them messing with the mechanics that much.
  4. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Don't mind me
    [​IMG]

If this is our Route 1 Bird, then I am all aboard what Gen 6 has to offer. It has actual color! No brown, white, or grey boring same-old stuff, but actual colors! Plural even!
  5. The Reptile

The Reptile arhops needs a custom title
    is a Pre-Contributor

I really dislike the 3D model for the bug-thing.

Bird looks rad though.
  6. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

Its no Sewaddle but I think the bug's cute. At least it's not Wurmple. In fact it's like Shelmet's distance cousin.

It'll grow on us.
  7. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

A pink bug reminds me of wormadam if its really bug steel it'll be useful for early game maybe even for the upper tiers, the birds coloring makes it hard to judge I think its just going to be a normal bug like all the others, its base form looks the strongest of all the route birds though so it'll probably be a fearow type and have a two stage evolution so it's good for early mid game, looks like the actual ingame will be easy, hope we can transfer challenge mode to Y
  8. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

I want to say the bird is based off a Hooded Oriole but Game Freak does take a lot of artistic liberties when building Pokemon so I can't be sure.

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooded_Oriole

If it is, I do like how they made the hood literal.
  9. shockwave527

shockwave527

Is this real? I just saw it, but I wasn't sure? Are we certain?

Bug is meh, but I really like that bird. REALLY like it.
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

I love the both of them, but what magazine is this? what's the source of this image?
  11. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

It's a CoroCoro scan. It's where most details about new Pokemon games are announced. Expect it monthly.
  12. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Bugmon's weight info and game screen are overlapping, I doubt CoroCoro would make such an amateurish mistake.
  13. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, but doesn't CoroCoro come out mid-month? Isn't it a bit early for this?

If it's fake, with 3D models, battle sprites, seemingly perfect pokemon and the style, it's a DAMN good fake at that.
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

Katakiri, isn't this from your photobucket profile? It says it was uploaded by a "flamingkatakiri". I don't want to discredit you immediately, but I feel like that's evidence enough to call you out for being good at photoshop.

Edit: betch, I ain't a fool! I've been keeping up with CoroCoro for the past five years, I know what it is. The only reason I was curious is because, like Shockwave mentioned, it's rare to see anything from CoroCoro before the tenth of the month at least
  15. The Diverman

The Diverman

CoroCoro comes out on the 15th, but we usually get scans before that. The earliest I've seen is the 8th, so if this is legit, than we go them really early. Also, none of the news sites have mention this, that might be due to them not expecting it, but since they haven't, I'm leaning towards fake.

Usually we can tell their fake by the text, so if anyone can translate it, than we can find out for sure.

@MWL: I seen CoroCoro do that before.
  16. Infernis

Infernis

The overlapping doesn't really seem to interfere with readability, though, so it could easily be intentional as a stylistic choice. I love that bird design, though as usual I'm not much a fan of the initial bug Pokemon. (Caterpie being the exception. If only for Ash's Butterfree...)
  17. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's not real. CoroCoro never leaks this early. And never this clearly
    also
    and those logos on the bottom are so out of place and formatting in general is a little weird
    Just compare from BW1's pre-release: http://pokejungle.net/2010/08/09/full-corocoro-scans/
    e: more examples from earlier on http://pokejungle.net/2010/06/11/16/
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

I think one major contributing factor that discredits the image is the weird use of the english spelling of "Pokémon". It's placed on the side of the page and rotated to line the page. It's also not even the official logo, and looks like it was made using a typing tool in picture editing software. Those blue and orange pokeballs are also atypical, and since when did CoroCoro use the english "new", let alone in that vertical typesetting with kanji further underneath it?

R N's right. There's a certain way that the graphic designers and editors for CoroCoro layout information for the magazine, and the page that katakiri posted breaks a fair amount of the norms. I can understand if Game Freak would only wanna give out a little information at a time, but they would try to make the leaks pop a little more on the page, you know? In the world of advertising, a black background is supposed to be saved for very certain brands and occasions, most of which aren't marketed towards children. all the blues and yellows they used in the BW leaks is what made each page stand out, so I don't know why they would edit that kind of layout schematic to fit what katakiri posted. Maybe we shouldn't have minded him after all.
  19. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Lol looking at the page again, you can see "New Pokémon" TWICE. That big red thingy, [mousugu (translates to "new" iirc) pokemon], and that NEW[pokemon]? by the side of the page. Yeah, you're a genius, CoroCoro
  20. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

I'm going to laugh if it's real and you're being extremely anal.

I uploaded it so I could easily find it. I found it on tumblr uploaded about 2 hours ago and Google hasn't really updated enough for me to locate the original source. If this was a 2D game, I might believe it's fake, but with 3D, I really doubt it; especially with the fact that it matches the semi-cell-shaded look XY is going for.

I did find that I was wrong about the bird though. It's a Hooded Pitohui which is a poisonous bird. Zubat has left the cave and is not afraid of sunlight, I repeat, Zubat has left the cave.
    It's Japanese name translates to "Pitoyui"
  21. shockwave527

shockwave527

Though, to be fair, the way it says pokemon and the black background is KIND OF similar to what was in the xerneas and yveltal pics in CoroCoro:

[​IMG]

Still not believing it right away, but...
  22. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

We could go back to talking about Sound- and Light-types and Skarmory (pre)evos.
  23. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Never underestimate the extent the fan community will go
    http://youtu.be/jy69kf13dPQ
    - a fake "extended" trailer for XY

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/t...zine_page.jpg/400px-Korechu_magazine_page.jpg
    -An oldie, but who can forget Korechu

and i sadly don't have it on me but while not 3d, catcowl never forget
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

It's not the same font, and the stripes overlaying it look unprofessional. Yes, there are things in this image that render the "pokemon" on the side as a bit of background flair, but it's inconsistent with what was presented on this "leak". Also, the pokeballs used in the "leak" don't match up to the one that has my(i'm so conceited) height and weight resting on top of it. Following Katakiri's link, it came from some hispanic guy on tumblr. Granted, some hispanic guy revealed the Gen V starter final evos before Game Freak was ready to do it themselves, but that's just one case. I'm a bit more convinced now.

Also;
    We already spent about 60 some odd pages on those three topics alone, so...
    [​IMG]
    No.
  25. The Diverman

The Diverman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)