1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Well that sucks.

So anyway, about that Skarmory evo...
  2. Infernis

Infernis

Fuck Skarmory evolutions, we need more evolutions like this.
    Might I suggest a few?
    ARMLESSNESS VANQUISHED. [​IMG]QUAGMORTAR.

KICKS LIKE A GIANT GUN THAT KICKS. [​IMG] HITMORTLEE.

BANANA METEOR! [​IMG]TROPICANNON.

I kinda feel bad about that last one, actually.
  3. Yveltal

Yveltal

Let's just wait until the fifteenth instead of regurgitating old topics of interest, ms. thang. The most sensible consensus is that ToddlerSkarmory would be like Mantyke, only with edited stats to be a young physical wall for early game purposes, or simply to counterbalance Mantine. stat spread = 50/60/120/20/50/45
  4. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I feel I've been had
  5. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

holy fuark I just realised a sudowoodoo evolution would literally be awesome. It'd be like the tree pokemon LOL and it could be Grass/Rock and learn head smash later for absolutely rape stabs! (only steels would wall the stabs)
  6. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

I doubt it would get a grass typing if it did evolve. That's kind of Sudowoodo's whole shtick, "look at me, I'm a tree, use your fire type to beat me" *evil laugh*. I think it would continue to be mono-rock, though maybe with an ability like Sap Sipper to further cement it's "treeness". I also think it would just be a slower, slightly bulkier Rampardos.
  7. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

Yes please, you made a lot of sense there with sap sipper on sudowoodoo, why did GF give marill/miltank sap sipper but not sudowoodoo/heracross.. it makes no sense!

even with just slightly improved stats it'd be pretty cool to use, I already used custap sudowoodoo lead back in DW OU and it was amazing.
  8. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Sap Sipper's Japanese name is Herbivore.

I... don't like to think Sudowoodo eats plants. It's like a wolf in sheep clothing. Viscerally speaking.
  9. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

miltank getting sap sipper makes like
    the perfect sense
    it's a cow
    cow eats grass???

heracross, idk really, although it seems more based of the one from the anime under ash's possession who has an addiction to sap
  10. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Why isnt anyone speakin of ancient pokemon, fossils. There are always fossils in each region, gsc is part of kanto, so the fossils should be same.

Omastar, kabutops, Aerodactlyl. Not sure how they are related (gen 1 and 2)

Cradily and Armaldo, both live near or In the sea. (Gen 3)

Rampardos and Blastiodon. Both are land Dinos. (Gen 4)

Carracosta and Archeops. They are like the dinos that learned to adapt, archen learned how to fly, tirtouga learned how to walk on land???

Gen 6 first mammal???

There should be fanart of this, i mean, this stuff is a common tend now, so i expect fossils in gen 6.
  11. Seth Vilo

Seth Vilo

One reason I thought the fake Pokemon that were disproved last page looked fake to begin with is because they look like mixes of ones we already have. A lot.

Bird: Scraggy/afty's (or even Chespin's) hood, Cinccino's tail, Taillow's wings
    Worm: Rotom eyes, Gothita's mouth, RBY Venomoth legs

The worm's death stare into the 3D camera is also odd and terrifying.
  12. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Probably not mammals, although you never know. However, I think we can rest assured that they'll be Rock-type and be pretty good in-game at least. They are most of the time.
  13. Infernis

Infernis

A cave bear and a sabertooth tiger would make for interesting ones.
  14. R_N

R_N

Maybe they could be Rock/Ice if they go for ice-age mammals

Just imagine! x4 weakness to Fighting & Steel, x2 weaknesses to Fire, Rock, Water, Grass, & Ground
    Who needs defeatist when the typing would be built-in horrible
  15. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Lol, yeah, definitely not OU material, seeing that the most common priority moves are Bullet Punch and Mach Punch. Not a good type combination, even in the lower tiers. I was thinking they could also do Rock/Normal, but same problem, Fighting wrecks them. Oh well, it's not like there's a lot of the Fossil Pokemon that have a lot of use in the competitive scene, bar maybe Aerodactyl and Carracosta. And actually, it's only 2x weak to Grass, Ground, Rock and Water. Rock resists Fire, so it would be damaged neutrally by it.
  16. shockwave527

shockwave527

I would normally agree on that front, however Chespin is actually partially based of the megazastodon (I think it was), the first mammal. So I think they'll stay more ancient here.
  17. R_N

R_N

I actually like things having an additional normal typing. It only gives one weakness (in this case making fighting x2 -> x4), & hey Ghost immunity is neat. It's better than what Ice offers

I forgot that Rock resists fire; I think I was thinking of Ground types.
  18. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

[​IMG][​IMG]

That's a Megazostradon... it's a rat. Why would they base it off of a prehistoric rat? It looks like any other rodent to me. It would make sense if all of the starters were based on prehistoric animals, but why one obscure rodent. I think it's probably supposed to be a hedgehog if anything, especially since it and it's (presumable) evolutions have endings like -pin, -spike, and -spear. Heck, Chespin's Japanese name is based off the word for hedgehog.

P.S. - R_N ninja'd my edit to include Chespin's Japanese name referencing hedgehogs. -_-
  19. R_N

R_N

The japanese name also references hedgehogs. It will be interesting to see if they stick with that or have it turn into other spiky animals. Maybe it could become an echidna?!
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

I love the fanbase
    [​IMG]
    It's gonna suck when the speculation starts to die down.

Chespin is not allowed to evolve into a grass-dark. Why? Because Shadow the Hedgehog, that's why!
  21. R_N

R_N

the speculation never dies
    Once the games come out people just start speculating on the next game
  22. Galladiator

Galladiator

All I know is, if Fennekin's final evolution turns out to be Fire/Fighting, I will probably flip a table and throw my computer out the window.
  23. shockwave527

shockwave527

I know that it's NAME is based off that, but look at the different generational starters:
    Fire: Chinese Zodiac Animals (Another example of what I am talking about is Cyndaquil, who, while he is a porcupine, relates to the rat in this sense)
    Water: Land-based water animals
    Grass: Prehistoric
    It had a dinosaur, a dinosaur, a dinosaur, and a dinosaur (but as this one was MORE like a turtle, the called it "turtwig". HOWEVER, the design was STILL BASED OFF OF a dinosaur). Gen 5, while being a snake, many believed to be based off of evolution with the eventual loss of legs. Thus, fitting with this theme, is Chespin, who, while he is said to be a porcupine/hedgehog/chestnut, in RELATION TO THE THEMES OF GRASS STARTERS, is supposed to be "the first mammal", AKA the Megazostradon.
  24. R_N

R_N

If you're going for that logic it could be literally any prehistoric mammal.
    Nothing about that design screams "I AM THE FIRST MAMMAL, THE PREHISTORIC RAT"

edit: Meanwhile, most names are pretty spot-on for their origins. You wouldn't call your rat pokemon after a hedgehog if it was meant to be a rat

It'd be like if Octillery was called Squitillery
  25. Quark

Quark

For Chespin's design, I kind of see it becoming a giant ground sloth. It might be influenced by some of the art I've seen, but it would be a prehistoric animal and a mammal. I don't think an ancient rat fits a starter pokemon, because when I hear rat I still think of your first route rattata.
    I know that we already have the Slakoth line, but Slaking looks a lot more like a gorilla than a sloth in my opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)