1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I like that Nintendo Dream actually showcased the starters while CoroCoro did not

I'm guessing most of this article is Nintendo Dream's speculation based on screenshots shown?
  2. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

im actually reading it now,
    the interesting thing is, the last page of those scans,
    They actually said Froakie is using HYDROPUMP not icebeam

atleast it kills some discussion haha

for fennekin is flamethrower, chestpin is solarbeam
  3. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

That's been the most annoying argument so far, thank god it's been put to rest
  4. Quark

Quark

What if we got a new status called migraine or something similar. It could act to lower the foe's special attack like a burn does for attack. I don't think that it should cause damage every turn though. Maybe it could be like paralysis with cut to special.
  5. Infernis

Infernis

By Thor, a cut to speed and special attack? Or just cutting special attack to 1/4th? Either is total overkill.
  6. Kiorein

Kiorein

I think he means a 1/2 cut to special attack and a 25% chance of not attacking. Sounds interesting (but mostly annoying).
  7. Quark

Quark

What Kiorein said

Should've explained better, Speed cut too would just be awful
  8. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

This is a good post. It even uses the word I totally forgot for a post 100 pages back in this thread! I still find interesting that seven types have two different patterns though, even if they don't make much sense. It almost seems like they had it all thought out.

It's a shame that this pretty much means they won't add a new Eeveelution unless there's a new crazy evolution method or new feature--oh wait what am I talking about, I hate Eeveelutions. That's great.
  9. Yanmega0909

Yanmega0909

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned before, and would like to see what others think of the idea: a move that "uses up " stat boosts to make it more powerful. Ex: an 80 BP move that doubles in power for every +1 increase your poke has, after the move is used your +1 boost goes away. I don't have any idea on what the BP should be , or if it should be a 1.5 or 3 etc. boost. What do you guys think.
  10. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

I think that would be extreme overkill. I'm guessing you're getting around to another stockpile-esque move?
  11. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Stored power is an already existing variant of the move you just described, and much less overpowered, too.
  12. Wishy

Wishy

Really? No way is that the animation for Hydro Pump.

How official is Nintendo Dream?
  13. Redless

Redless

Stored power doesn't use up the stat boosts when you attack.
  14. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

I TOLD YOU SO!

runs away and hides

Anyway, on a more serious note, I have to say I was actually taken in at first by those fakes because, quite simply put, the drawings and models were so damn good. I would've welcomed both those Pokemon with open arms.

Ah well, looks like I just have to wait a little bit longer.

OH and quick note to those of you that are still quoting that OTHER supposed leak (the all text one) from a while back, I'd like to point out that it was presented as a slip for a press release. If that was true, you'd think we'd've heard something official by now. We haven't; the simple delay has convinced me that it was merely a well constructed fake.
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Dream

Seems legit. Doesn't mean it is Hydro Pump, but now we can be 99.6% certain of it
  16. Farrac

Farrac

I can't believe that within those walls of text they only revealed that Froakie was using Hydro pump. Has anyone traslated the whole article yet?
  17. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

So you're looking for something like Spit Up?
  18. Basileus

Basileus

Stored power>spit up
  19. Quark

Quark

The stockpile strategy just doesn't work that well. It takes too many turns to set up, and then you end up losing the boosts. It isn't efficient and can make it easier for the opponent to predict or revenge kill when two moves are needed for one attack.

Maybe instead they could add a move which is boosted depending on how low your stats are. You could combine it with curse, overheat or leaf storm and get a fearsome combination. An anti-stored power.
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

I think Chespins evolutions will be name-game based. His first evolution will be from hedgehog to groundhog, and then from groundhog to waterhog(aka, the longed for capybara pokemon). Even with "hog" rodents as the theming of its evolutionary line, it could still become a grass/dark, or a grass/steel, or whetever :3. I can imagine Game Freak trying to pass a Capybara as a grass/dark just because they can. (even though Shadow the Hedgehog is the only dark hedgehog character the world really needs)
    Or it could evolve into something based on the extinct horned gopher. That would keep his needles relevant.

ALSO! I just learned of an asiatic mole rat known as the Zokor. It looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    This is a bad theory with little foundation, But I think that our supposed legendary "Z" might draw a sliver of its inspiration from burrowing animals in real life, assuming it's going to be based primarily on Nidhogg. Imagine a rodent dragon with giant-ass claws for shovelling and clawing through the underground.
  21. Wishy

Wishy

What a lame animation. There are damn snow flakes in it.
  22. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

Yeah No not really. Nothing new, just basically description of the PV, 2 paragraph from the developers.
  23. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

I played a bit on showdown. Yeah, endless weather needs a nerf. We've all heard it. However, I have some reasons:
    -No one realizes hydration+rest is extremely op until it's too late
    -Rain and Sun are compatible with almost every pokemon other than steel
    -You need a weather starter on your team just to ensure you don't get screwed over
    These suck as reasons, and I hate to go back to this, but what do we talk about?
  24. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

It's simple. We kill the weatherman.

A.K.A Ban weather
  25. czechm8

czechm8

Weighing in on the eeveeloution discussion, I doubt we'll get a dragon Eevee, simply because dragon is GF's "special kitty" type. Not that Eevee isn't a special kitty/dog/squirrel, but most dragons tend to not really have normal roots (other then altairia, but she's useless). I think if we get an Eeveeloution it will probably be steel, poison, or maybe something like bug or rock.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)