1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2j135

b2j135

So...Yveltal...can you give me another quick rundown of what happened in the last 24hrs? Seems like I missed a HUGE argument...

my goodness, that actually doesn't look to bad for a stage 2 evolution...just looks to...fire/fighting to me.
    And the Whitefox 3rd stage looks like it could be a shiny form instead. If someone would recolor it the colors of stage 2 we could have a complete set!
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

Narutendo came on and ruffled some feathers, rustled some jimmies, and generally upset a few people by bringing up the old topic of mine and Xerneas' typing. He got a couple of warnings for double and triple posting, and most of us feel pretty pleased with ourselves for how we responded to his behaviour. Dark Fallen Angel had the following reaction:
    and NLMRY had this to say
    Also, Flaming Pirhana responded to an earlier post I made about how the there's a sliver of a chance that the potential third legendary may be based on Zokors, responding with a statement that he doesn't want anything else with Garchomps typing. (christ on a crumpit, I forgot that Flygon exists as well!)

Finally, some new fakemon that pokejungle posted were copypasta'd over here. you can see those here:
    http://pokejungle.net/2013/02/02/arent-gen-vi-pokmon-2/#comments

That's all the important stuff ^_^

Edit: Can we make it a rule to observe the tags every time you're going to post something from here on?
    Second edit: Fixed! Sorry, Shockwave, I don't know why you came to mind instead of the actual replier
  3. The Diverman

The Diverman

I'm going to lmfao if they do introduce a light type or just new types in general; I'm indifferent on the subject. I'm just want to see the chaos that ensues afterwards. I also found that argument really funny and extremely pointless since it was the guy's opinion. If he wants to think a light type will be introduced on whatever reasons he came up with it, than let him, he's the one that's setting himself up with disappointment.

Seriously, the tags fit this thread even better since that shitstorm took place.
  4. shockwave527

shockwave527

When did I say that?

Also, this thread really needs to have some kind of thing updating on the front page with what's been discussed so we don't have things repeated over and over and people can see if there's a topic they missed.
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

(so sorry, fixed that first problem)

I don't think that's going to stop newcomers to the thread from posting everything they think. Then again, so long as it's harmless, and they had read everybody elses thoughts to remain up to date...Maybe if Birkal could go through and jot down all the major discussions...oh, but I wouldn't wish him to go through the entire thread at this point, since 99% is "shut uuuuuuuuupppppp" material, and thereby capable of rotting your brain.
  6. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I love your idea, but Garchomp and Flygon are already amazing Pokémon, and we need some more varied dragon type combinations.
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

Speaking of not repeating things:
    I THINK THERE MAY BE AN INVERTED TYPE TRIANG-

Obviously kidding.

But I did realize, 100-something posts ago, I had joined wanting to state my opinions on some stuff. And I realized one thing I had left out from those first few posts, relating to starter types.

I really hope Fennekin just stays pure fire.
    I get what people say with their arguments, and I can see it happening, but I want another pure fire starter, and fennekin seems like he might be able to do it for me. I don't think we need another gen of all three pokemon having secondary abilities. If anything, we need something more like gen 2, with no secondaries, but at least have ONE other pure-fire starter than typlosion.

But that's just my opinion. Wanted to state that, but not trying to start another argument over starter types.

So if this makes you want to get back into that argument, please simply disregard this post.
    Thank you for your time.

Dragon-bug, anyone? C'mon, the dragonfly is SUCH an easy way to get that done.
    Also Dragon-poison.

Speaking of which, one thing I really hope for this gen: The first (non-arceus) POISON LEGENDARY
  8. b2j135

b2j135

Thanks again Yveltal, your the best Pokemon I haven't caught yet :p

Also I'm quoting this since it kind of got ignored in the ensuing arguments.

So what do you guys think?
  9. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Where do I have to sign for Dragon/Poison?

@Yveltal
    Like 50 pages ago I made a post saying what had we talked to (since it took me 3 days to read the 60 pages the thead had to catch up) in order for newcomers to know if they wanted to know what do we think about the topic they bring to they can look back, I got flamed hard for that post xD

Still it's not a problem to discuss same matters again, but with both the parts keeping in mind that it's not new stuff. And by showing due respect of course.

There's something that's bugging me, hope you can clear my mind on it.
    So let's suppose pokemon X and Y are based on axes, meaning the logical sequel to these would be Pokemon Z.
    Xerneas represents the land, the X axis, while Yveltal represents Height, the Y axis.
    My point here is, besides of the Norse mythology theory, I don't think an underground snake pokemon is well with the Z axis, since underground is as a matter of fact, still height, negative, but height, so the Z legendary could be (in my opinion) something non from land (above or underneath or sea) nor from the sky, what does it leave us with?

Ghosts my friends, ghosts.

As I state on all my posts, not saying omfg Z-legend being underground is impossible, just been thinking around the underground as negative height and therefore, part of the Y-axis, so I just thought the Z legendary could be some sort of being non from the land, non from the air, but something completely different, what do you think about it?

@b2j135
    If we are talking balance here, they should give it one buff to match sandstorm. The most logical thinking from an ingame perspective would be the Sp.def Rise, since the hail would destabilize beam attacks (as a stereotype for special attacks), but in order to bring originality to shine how about...

Hail gives an increasing defense boost to Ice pokemon, my point; Lets imagine hail falling onto an ice pokemon, stacking and making a first thin, then growing thicker and stronger layer of hard ice on the pokemon's body, the bonus would stack until the pokemon is attacked with a physical attack, which then would make it lose half of the "layers" rounding down, and make it only stack like 25% each layer, substitutes would have their own count of layers since when they're created, the original might or might not have any on them at the moment.
  10. shockwave527

shockwave527

Personally, I'd prefer less of a focus on weather in this game. It should still play a roll, but I don't think much more should be done related to it, although a new weather (as was mentioned a while back) COULD be interesting.

I think they should add a new mechanic. We have statuses, weather, hazards- it'd be nice to see something new and change up the battles a bit. No clue how it would work or what it would effect, but SOMETHING new.

Love this idea.

OR
    *Bum bum bum*
    THE FOURTH DIMENSION

I mean, think about it. We done time, space, land, sea, air, truth ideals, balance, nature, the sea again, nightmares, dreams, wisdom, courage, whateverthethirdlakeguardianwas, victory-
    We should have something ghostly, and if not
    TO THE FOURTH DIMENSION
    *Zooms away*

Seriously though, it could be a cool new thing. Not sure how they could pull it off, but an interesting legendary theme.

Also: How many pokemon this gen do you think will be made specifically to take advantage of the new 3D and have some design choice based off of that? Any?
  11. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nah, people like their weird hot fighting types. especially when they're bulky [​IMG]
    A crazy arcanine mutant with Bayonetta powers? Hmm...

Also, in regards to your ghost theory, I can picture an otherworldly being from, say, a niflheim-based part of the game. Or it could be a zombie/mummy sort of beast. It's a cool idea, and everything's possible right now!
  12. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Now that I come to think of it, would that space thing make Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zthingy....
    OFFSPRINGS OF PALKIA?
    I mean Palkia created space, unless we follow up the theory that this pokemon created X, well not really, but it did create the pokemon who created it. I mean, what would be Palkia's purpose then? if we have 3 pokemon who create space with their 3 powers combined, what's Palkia? an expectator? their boss?
    Also I wouldn't be surprised of Xerneas being some sort of mentor or master to Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion. Why? Because it's a legendary deer.
  13. Infernis

Infernis

Vibrava was a dragon/ground type, and somewhat of a mix between an adult ant lion and a dragonfly. I really wanted Flygon to be a Dragon/bug type, but alas, it was not to be. Dragon/Poison would be radical.

I said it jokingly before as Yveltal evolving from Swalot, but I can easily see Yveltal being poisonous. The thing might be gigantic, but it could easily have some sort of stealthy quality relating it to poison's archetype. Hell, he might actually spawn the creation of actually good Poison-type moves. That would be incredible. Even if Yveltal isn't poison type, any sort of poison legendary would be greatly appreciated. It's one of my favorite types to use in the games, though it tends to fare poorly online.

Honestly, I don't even care what Xerneas' type is. Yveltal's so cool that I'd take it even if it were straight Dragon with levitate. They really designed a winner with that one.
  14. Mon

Mon

Just saying about that hail buff thing- I would love to abuse kyub in a hailstorm if it buffs either defence. I mean, if you buff its defence by 25% a CC from max+ terrakion will fail to 2hko a max defence kyub, (off the top of my head, it would be around around 45%)
    Think about that; if the attack wasn't SE it wouldn't be able to break a sub :P
    A base 120 STAB attack of 128 attack.
  15. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

[​IMG]

Like this, perhaps?

Also, studying civil engineering, I can attest that there is some controversy as to which axis represents up. In daily use, it's the Y axis, but (very) many fields have positive Z as the up direction (or in geoengineering, positive Z is straight down). I have yet to come across a field where the X axis is vertical, but Y and Z get swapped around a lot.

Perhaps they will do a BW on us and omit the totally obvious third name. After all, we all expected Gray/Grey, and got Black2 and White2 instead. Though, X2 and Y2? I somehow doubt that...
  16. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Yeah I thought it had already been done with Giratina, but still it bugs me less than X Y Z.
    I also thought of the two sequel possibilty, but what would it be? ZX and ZY? XY and XX if the theme is genetics instead of axes? And if the theme ended up being genetics, what would be the point on the third legendary? I'm feeling so stupid right now, probably the answer will be something much easier and in October i'll be like DUH of course it was that how come I didn't think of that (I tend to complicate things a lot)
  17. Infernis

Infernis

In the Cartesian plane, Y tends to be vertical and X is horizontal. In most 3d modeling programs I've used, Z is vertical, and the Cartesian plane is laid horizontally across the origin. (With X and Y corresponding to east/west and north/south.) I've never heard of X being vertical either, so we can be fairly confident that Xerneas is not the Skylord.

But I've been wrong before. (I thought they'd give Magnezone Levitate by now. Nope!)
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

I think he more represents balance (or mirror, as the case may be), as his reverse world is shown to keep ours in check. I still think it'd be funny to have a Pokemon about the fourth dimension when this whole thing is primarily related to the switch to 3D.

Well, if we don't go with chromosomes and say it is the axes, do to this being three dimensional, it's be kind of weird to do just X and Y. With Black and White, there was more of a statement there, but that's much harder to reason with X and Y.

HEY GUYS, WE'RE MOVING BACK TO FULL-ON 2D GRAPHICS! HOPE YOU ALL STILL HAVE YOUR OLD GAME BOY COLORS!
  19. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

fkin lol @ the new tag:

shut uuuuuuuuupppppp

^basically summarises what I thought when I read the arguments about eviolite Skarm, arguments about froakie using a water or ice attack and all the things pulled from tiny tiny things.. talk about overthinking and overanalysis.

How do tags get added to the thread anyway?
  20. Onicon

Onicon

Actually, "evil" is more a superstition thing than real malignance. They are only believed to be evil because of their mean appearance and their unhonourable way to fight; see Absol.
  21. Barilzar

Barilzar

Found this, no clue if its real or not:

[​IMG]
  22. Onicon

Onicon

We would have wished more focus on the proterties; we barely can see the characters.

So, pure Fire this time? The last two lines almost look like white dots to us, so it is very appreciated when someone tells us that it says. Where did you find this?
  23. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

in B4 gamfreak decides to stay more put too it's roots this gen by keeping simple.

People are overthinking too much.
  24. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

normally the fakes are easy to figure out due to the terrible japanese in them. my japanese is pretty terrible, but let's see...

text directly to the left (red pokeball) of it says its name is fenneru, or fennel. can't read the line right below, but the line below that says 'type: fire' which would make sense, but it uses katakana, 'taipu' for type, and a single kanji symbol ('hi') for fire/flame which seems kind of weird, especially considering they usually refer to the fire type as 'honoo', and use hiragana. maybe they've referred to it as 'hi' in the past though, im not sure.

the text above that i can't really read, but part of it it says 'mo arimasen' which means something like 'also isnt', but the 'ri' appears to be in katakana and not hiragana which strikes me as a bit strange. the hiragana and katakana 'ri' are pretty similar except for a line connecting the two strokes but maybe that's just a stylistic thing and not necessarily a rule? idk.

the white text beside the red pokeball text, with the !! below it, starts off with 'watashi ga' which is like 'i am' but with a different emphasis. can't read the two kanji after it, so i have no idea what the fox is trying to tell me about himself!!!
  25. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Yvetal said the creator admits it's a fake last page. So it's a fake.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)